What's new

Dear FRONT OFFICE: NO ONE WANTS TO WIN GAMES WITH RJ AND MW!

Franchises don't care about their fans? I think someone needs to take a basic economics class.

I have family who work in the Jazz's PR department.... This season has been BRUTAL for ticket sales. They've had games where they've literally gone up into the upper bowl and asked people to come down into the lower bowl because it looked so bad on tv.

This had never been done. This franchise for nearly 2 decades regularly filled their arena every single night.

You're utterly crazy if you think the business owners of this franchise don't care about what their fans think. Unless you're EXXON Mobile or Walmart, most businesses care about what their customers want.
You really think you and us have more power than we do. lol. They care a bit, but Im pretty sure they are making money still and again, they don't care what all of the "expert" forum posters say. So, Im proud of you for your basic economics class, then again, we all have taken that. Again, they don't care what we think as far as who is playing or winning games. Sorry to burst your bubble and the idea of all the tankers that they know best and must be heard. Reality says no. Welcome to it.
Of course when the Jazz DO trade one of them as ANY rational team would do, you guys will take credit and feel you pressured them into listening. That's fine, grats.

I would imagine that between RJ, MW, Bieds, and Rush, the Jazz will make a strong attempt to move 2 of the 4 at deadline. RJ and MW are both proving that they can be valuable to a playoff team.

Agree. I think RJ has been getting so much time because he has been playing well enough to actually establish some decent value, perhaps even a late 1st from a contender. Hopefully there will be a few teams interested in him so he can go to the highest bidder. I doubt Rush has shown enough to garner much attention unless he makes a big push. Intereest in MW will be lukewarm and Biedrins is strictly an expiring. Lindsey will undoubtedly see if he can do a deal that makes sense without hurting the Jazz' salary situation. I won't be too upset if the deadline comes and goes without a deal. What DL was able to do this past summer was incredible. Can't expect those opportunities every year, nor do the Jazz have that kind of cap space available now.

Thriller Wrote
Franchises don't care about their fans? I think someone needs to take a basic economics class.

I have family who work in the Jazz's PR department.... This season has been BRUTAL for ticket sales. They've had games where they've literally gone up into the upper bowl and asked people to come down into the lower bowl because it looked so bad on tv.

This had never been done. This franchise for nearly 2 decades regularly filled their arena every single night.

You're utterly crazy if you think the business owners of this franchise don't care about what their fans think. Unless you're EXXON Mobile or Walmart, most businesses care about what their customers want.

You really think you and us have more power than we do. lol. They care a bit, but Im pretty sure they are making money still and again, they don't care what all of the "expert" forum posters say. So, Im proud of you for your basic economics class, then again, we all have taken that. Again, they don't care what we think as far as who is playing or winning games. Sorry to burst your bubble and the idea of all the tankers that they know best and must be heard. Reality says no. Welcome to it.
Of course when the Jazz DO trade one of them as ANY rational team would do, you guys will take credit and feel you pressured them into listening. That's fine, grats.
+1 to Scorp

The issue of a company "caring about their fans" in this thread was correlated to "what do the fans think the business strategy should be?" In that case it is quite reasonable to think the Jazz don't care about what the fans think. In the case of the fans not paying for the services rendered, then of course the Jazz are concerned about that. But it is possible that the Jazz have agreed to have a bad year financially, to be able to build up to bigger and better things. Lots of businesses do this all the time. They invest heavily at points to get a better return later.

We don't know, but we have to judge somehow on what we've seen. What I see is a star in the making in Burke, and a good supporting cast. I see inconsistency in Hayward/Burks, but big game potential in all of them. So far they don't look like a championship caliber team to me. They look like the supporting cast to one though...just missing that guy like Wiggins or Jabari or a FA.

How do you feel about this current squad?

Jazz coaching staff is really disappointing. I believe young Jazz playing for a better coach like SVG will give us a better idea.
Favors can improve MUCH more. Burks did not play much yet, got DNPs behind players like Randy Foye so he has every right to be inconsistent now. Kanter is a rare specimen combining strength and soft touch. Burke is a natural-born leader that makes his teammates better and shows up when needed (already!). Lock up all those four guys, play them together. Hayward on the other hand does not fit.

I agree there are missing pieces. I also think at least one of those four guys will massively exceed expectations, look like a #1 pick.