What's new

Game Thread Dec 09, 2021 05:00PM MT: Jazz at 76ers

Added to Calendar: 12-09-21

The 50% also includes the freebies. If you’re adding more 2’s, you’re going to get a higher ratio of tough buckets in the paint and less freebies. I don’t believe he puts more pressure on the defense by driving. JC isn’t a guy who slashes the defense and gets the blender going. He’s a guy who works hard to get to his spot and shoots it. He puts much more of a strain on the defense by spacing floor as a catch and shoot player and deep shooter against a drop. Those are the shots he needs to focus on.

His shot distribution isn’t dramatically different than it was last year anyways. What is dramatically different is that his shooting percentages, from every spot on the floor is down. So when you say “do what you did last year”, what you’re really saying is just make more shots. That’s the main difference, not the proportion of 2’s and 3’s. If he was shooting the same percentages as he was last year, we would not be having this conversation about 2’s vs 3’s.

His usage is down dramatically since Gay came into the lineup, and that’s a good thing. Even if his efficiency isn’t much better, I think he’s blending in better and at a more appropriate usage rate.

Maybe what helps him make more shots is getting inside and scoring more first. I have often heard that can help a guy get going.

Your first sentence is simply incorrect btw. The 50% 2p% shooting is calculated by how many two point field goal attempts taken and made. Free throws are not part of that calculation. They are seperated out on their own in a stat called free throw percentage (FT%). At least that is how it looks on basketballreference.com.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Maybe what helps him make more shots is getting inside and scoring more first. I have often heard that can help a guy get going.

Your first sentence is simply incorrect btw. The 50% 2p% shooting is calculated by how many two point field goal attempts taken and made. Free throws are not part of that calculation. They are seperated out on their own in a stat called free throw percentage (FT%). At least that is how it looks on basketballreference.com.

I didn’t mean freebies as in free throws, I meant easy layups, dunks. Every player gets a certain amount of free shots at the rim by luck or in transition ect. If you force for two’s you don’t necessarily get more of those free, easy baskets.

I didn’t mean freebies as in free throws, I meant easy layups, dunks. Every player gets a certain amount of free shots at the rim by luck or in transition ect. If you force for two’s you don’t necessarily get more of those free, easy baskets.

You do generally get more free throws when you go closer to the paint though. I think that is a good thing.

You do generally get more free throws when you go closer to the paint though. I think that is a good thing.

I do think there is something to this... It might just be guess work but it seems like JC gets on a roll quicker if he sees a ball go through the hoop. Maybe he starts by taking a good two and then starts flame throwing. I will say that about 80% of his shots are rational and good now... Don't get me wrong he makes some of the irrational ones... but I think he's been a little better with shot selection. Like he's maybe cut one heat check three per game.

I do think there is something to this... It might just be guess work but it seems like JC gets on a roll quicker if he sees a ball go through the hoop. Maybe he starts by taking a good two and then starts flame throwing. I will say that about 80% of his shots are rational and good now... Don't get me wrong he makes some of the irrational ones... but I think he's been a little better with shot selection. Like he's maybe cut one heat check three per game.
I dont mind a bunch of threes and not too many twos but the last two games the ratio is 22 three point shots - 3 two point shots. That is insane. Another reason I like him going inside more is that he tires the defense out trying to guard him all over the place. Sitting on the three point line and jacking up quick threes doesn't make the defense work at all. Hans was talking about this on the radio today. How Clarksons energy is one of his best attributes and you can literally see him wearing defenders down when they have to guard against his persistent attacking of the hoop. His energy is wasted just jacking up 22 threes in two games. Anyone can do that. doesn't take a lot of energy or make the defense work hard to defend him.

Nice 6 game win streak. That said, I think the Rockets have the most impressive win streak in NBA history. They had 1 win before they started streaking. I don't care who you are, who they played, but that's impressive af.

Nice 6 game win streak. That said, I think the Rockets have the most impressive win streak in NBA history. They had 1 win before they started streaking. I don't care who you are, who they played, but that's impressive af.
Yeah, their rookie got hurt and they started playing Wood at the position he can actually have an impact from.

What did Niang do or whatever?
Rudy was under the basket going up for a dunk and Niang brought him down around the neck with his arm, kinda like he was put in a headlock and thrown down. Niang got called for flagrant 1.

I’m curious what Niang said to Gobert after the fact, but it looks like he deliberately fouled but maybe miscalculated the situation. The fact that he immediately went to help him up doesn’t strike me as a move made with malicious intent or whose ultimate outcome was deliberate.

IDK

I’m curious what Niang said to Gobert after the fact, but it looks like he deliberately fouled but maybe miscalculated the situation. The fact that he immediately went to help him up doesn’t strike me as a move made with malicious intent or whose ultimate outcome was deliberate.

IDK
I dont think he meant to hurt him, but Niang has absolutely no shot of making a play on the ball on an alley-oop to Gobert. It was a really stupid foul and really dangerous.

The sixers announcers were funny. Early in the game they were giving credence to the Rudy slander from the minnesota guys last night. Then they were talking about best center in the nba and were like obviously we would take jokic and embiid over gobert (like he doesn't belong in the convo) then said that Bam is better than gobert as well.

As the game went on they started talking about gobert like he is the best player in the entire nba.

If you only watch highlights and check box scores then you just dont understand. Watch gobert play and focus on his effect on the game and you realize that he is one of the top 5 or 10 players in the nba and probably should be in the mvp conversations. He is that good.
I didn't think Gobert's was saying he was the best center. He said when you're the best at something and that something in this context was him replying to his defense, so I took it as he said he was the best at defense.

But 76'ers fans and broadcast seem to look for excuses to either be butt hurt and/or use that to pump up their guy by disrespecting the other, especially when it's the Jazz.

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app