What's new

Derek Chauvin Murder Trial

Who would be on this "review board"? Who could fairly grade them without having done this incredibly difficult job?
There are plenty of incredibly difficult jobs out there. I'm tired of hearing excuses to maintain an unaccountable privileged profession because. This is a stupid and defeatist excuse to not do anything. It’s merely a way for conservatives who don’t want to think or do anything to end the conversation.

Why maintain the status quo when we can do better? Many other industrialized countries have independent parties evaluate police officers. Why are our police the exception?

Last edited:
It's funny when like a writer has the name Letterman, a fisherman has the name Fisher, a horticulturalist has the name Gardner, etc. This guy has a very appropriate name as well.
Please show him respect. His job is hard and no one can understand his job and why do you hate the police you unpatriotic commie?!

Did that autistic kid who was shot in Utah by police, die?
He was shot 11 times but survived. Who knows if he’ll suffer long-term organ, facial, or muscle damage? But why are we calling armed police for an unarmed 13 year old autistic kid? Can’t we reform to make a better system?

Or is American society just too lazy, noncreative, defeatist, and obstinate to reform the police?

Did anyone see the video of the homeless guy who was shot and killed at point blank range by an officer in California? It turns out the officer was being charged with manslaughter for killing someone two years ago. We need to get rid of these trigger-happy police officers.

News report of the shooting that also reports on the prior shooting

Entire video of the shooting

Oh, and one thing you should be aware of and you can see for yourself in the video is that while they are saying the homeless man approached the officer, you can clearly see he was back peddling. He merely stopped and took one step forward and stopped again, holding out his arms which clearly showed the knife in his hand and the officer immediately shot and killed him. He was not approaching the officer; it was the officer in pursuit.

Last edited:
Sure her life matters. But the other girls she was trying to stab take precedence over hers in that moment.
This is, to me, where hindsight is 20/20.
Cops shoots her and is thrown under the bus. Cop doesn't shoot her and the other girl is stabbed and the cops are thrown under the bus.
Cops are not end all, be all - see all, solve all type of people. If anything, even when they are highly trained and follow protocols, they'll be critique.

I know you from your posts enough to understand you get this and are reasonable about this.

I think I was the first one to post about her and was like wtf?! I was fed what the media baits with. After watching the video, it disgusts me to see someone shot. When I put context with it, I understand why it's tragic, but I also get both sides.

I used this video to educate my 9 year old son, with out showing him, what he should never do when cops are present.

I'd rather educate than condemn.

I used this video to educate my 9 year old son, with out showing him, what he should never do when cops are present.
Stab people?

I mean, I'd hope you'd teach him not to stab people whether the cops are there or not, but, baby steps, I suppose. :p

Stab people?

I mean, I'd hope you'd teach him not to stab people whether the cops are there or not, but, baby steps, I suppose. :p
No, man. Haha

I told him in the most simple way I could that cops are called to help, but at times, cops make bad decisions or look for reasons (cause they're trained that way) to stop a threat.

I did tell him that a 16 year old was shot by cops and it breaks my heart. I told him that if he has a gun, knife or reaches for anything like a cell phone or whatever he could be shot. I told him to be cooperative, even if he didn't do thing wrong. I told him that some cops are bad but if you do your part, you can avoid their worst.

Parenting is hard. Having this conversation with him was hard/uncomfortable, but he seemed to understand. I'm glad I did. He's a good kid.

What I find interesting are the “thin blue line” people who say, “blacks should just comply with police” are the same people who whine the loudest about wearing masks during a pandemic.

Why don’t they just comply with mask mandates??? Law and order and something something, right?

Last edited:
Gee I wonder why?

Biden and the Democrats cannot unite the country when one large group of people (Republicans) are so out of line with the rest of the country (independents and Dems). They’re just living in an alternative reality from the rest of us when it comes to race, elections, covid, etc).

James would have made his post even without such footage existing, and there would be serious questions unanswered without it.
There will always be all kinds of people being cops, doing all kinds of evil and despicable things when they think they can get away with it. But I am largely just grateful there are people who do the job that's needed.

I think most cops will keep their body cams on and functioning because of events like these. Pretty sure the sometime misdeeds of cops operating with impudent authority or arrogance won't be inflamed by public attention. Pretty sure police organizations will do better teaching/policies and fewer hotshots will be out there loving the glory or power.

Still, the attempt by many political operatives to exploit events like this to achieve "change" for their cause is still despicable. If you care about people, keep the people in the picture and don't exploit it.

The evil embraced by political hacks who follow advice like "Never let a crisis go to waste", the news organizations that are so highly selective in running up "useful" stories or narratives really just make it more difficult to fix the real problems we have.

But there is no solution to human nature. There will always be political hacks as objectionable as bad cops. Most of the wonks in here just don't see how much they resemble the bad cops.

I think the good sort of political idealist is not on the damn bandwagon to re-make the world.

There will always be all kinds of people being cops, doing all kinds of evil and despicable things when they think they can get away with it. But I am largely just grateful there are people who do the job that's needed.

I think most cops will keep their body cams on and functioning because of events like these. Pretty sure the sometime misdeeds of cops operating with impudent authority or arrogance won't be inflamed by public attention. Pretty sure police organizations will do better teaching/policies and fewer hotshots will be out there loving the glory or power.

Still, the attempt by many political operatives to exploit events like this to achieve "change" for their cause is still despicable. If you care about people, keep the people in the picture and don't exploit it.

The evil embraced by political hacks who follow advice like "Never let a crisis go to waste", the news organizations that are so highly selective in running up "useful" stories or narratives really just make it more difficult to fix the real problems we have.

But there is no solution to human nature. There will always be political hacks as objectionable as bad cops. Most of the wonks in here just don't see how much they resemble the bad cops.

I think the good sort of political idealist is not on the damn bandwagon to re-make the world.
Accept the fact that law enforcement needs reform instead of ignoring this. When you have bad cops like Chauvin and the a-hole who shot the homeless man, you need to review your hiring process. Law enforcement can be a life and death situation and more scrutiny needs to be given to people who you arm with deadly weapons. Pass the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act:

Text - H.R.7120 - 116th Congress (2019-2020): George Floyd Justice in Policing Act of 2020 | Congress.gov | Library of Congress

The bill aims to end certain police techniques, including chokeholds and carotid holds, two forms of potentially deadly force. Such practices would be banned at the federal level, and federal funding for local and state police agencies would be conditioned on those agencies outlawing them. The bill also seeks to improve police training and invest in community programs designed to improve policing and promote equitable new policies.

Other provisions in the bill would:
  • Ban no-knock warrants in federal drug cases and, as with chokeholds, encourage local and state agencies to comply by tying bans to federal funding. A no-knock warrant led to the fatal shooting of 26-year-old Breonna Taylor by police last year in Louisville, Kentucky.
  • End “qualified immunity,” which protects law enforcement officers from most civil lawsuits.
  • Make it easier to prosecute police officers accused of misconduct by lowering the legal standard from willfulness to recklessness.
  • Prohibit racial, religious and discriminatory profiling by law enforcement agencies at the local, state and federal levels and mandate training against such discriminatory profiling.
  • Require local and state police agencies to use existing federal funds to ensure the use of body cameras, require all federal uniformed officers to wear body cameras, and require all marked federal police vehicles to use dashboard cameras.
  • Create a national police misconduct registry to prevent police officers who are fired or pushed out for bad performance from being hired by other agencies.
  • Use federal grants to help communities establish commissions and task forces to study police reforms.
  • Address police militarization by limiting how much military-grade equipment is awarded to state and local law enforcement agencies.
  • Enhance “pattern and practice” investigations of police departments by granting the Justice Department subpoena power and establishing grant programs for state attorneys general to conduct their own probes.