What's new

Deshaun Watson - Allegations

AlaskanAssassin

This is pretty crazy. I'm always reluctant to rush to judgment when there are accusations like this, but when it's three separate suits, with apparently several more that will be filed soon, it's seems like this is for real. Reading about some of this stuff, if it is in fact true, I'm not sure how this guy plays in the NFL again. This third suit alleges that he forced her to have oral sex.........isn't another word for that "Rape"?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...on-accused-sexual-assault-third-civil-lawsuit

Pretty crazy because Deshaun has always been seen as a really stand-up guy in the NFL.

Whether true or not, it destroys any trade value for his market as no team is going to touch him while this litigation is in motion.

I think Houston would almost prefer these accusations to be true so they can have an out for his contract and start anew.

Whether true or not, it destroys any trade value for his market as no team is going to touch him while this litigation is in motion.

I think Houston would almost prefer these accusations to be true so they can have an out for his contract and start anew.
Lol no.

You don't think Houston would love to take his contract off the books?

Of course they'd rather get some draft capital in return, but at this point, Houston would consider it a sunk cost and would love to toss his contract away for a guy who hates the org.

Part of that is the Texans fault as they're an inept organization and let Bill O'Brien flush them down the toilet, but their relationship is not salvageable.

Of course they'd rather get some draft capital in return, but at this point, Houston would consider it a sunk cost and would love to toss his contract away for a guy who hates the org.

Part of that is the Texans fault as they're an inept organization and let Bill O'Brien flush them down the toilet, but their relationship is not salvageable.

I think they'd rather get 4 first rounders, a starter or 2, and a few mid round picks.

No, I don’t. I don’t think they’d want to dump a top 6-7 qb.

No, I don’t. I don’t think they’d want to dump a top 6-7 qb.

No reasonable team would, but the Texans have had the worst FO in the NFL. Their relationship with Watson is toxic because they trade assets like Hopkins for peanuts.

Probably wishing they would have pulled the trigger on a pre-draft trade now as you know Goodell is going to suspend him even without evidence.

No reasonable team would, but the Texans have had the worst FO in the NFL. Their relationship with Watson is toxic because they trade assets like Hopkins for peanuts.

Probably wishing they would have pulled the trigger on a pre-draft trade now as you know Goodell is going to suspend him even without evidence.
Legitimate question. How much evidence is necessary (to warrant suspension) when 6 different women are accusing someone of sexual misconduct.

Legitimate question. How much evidence is necessary (to warrant suspension) when 6 different women are accusing someone of sexual misconduct.
I would say reasonable evidence that any one of the allegations is true. Certainly multiple allegations strengthens the credibility of each allegation, so I'd say if the story of one person is credible then it's enough.

Honestly, not much. Innocent until proven guilty doesn't exist with the NFL's code of conduct. Goodell has shown he'll suspend even if formal charges are presented or even dismissed.

Having six different people accuse you of something doesn't bode well for your case. We should let it play out, but Watson's public image may never recover even if he's found innocent.

My guess is Goodell will suspend Watson indefinitely while the case proceeds. It's probably why HOU signed Tyrod Taylor yesterday to a one-year stint.

Enough evidence that its more than a simple allegation imo.

It's a tough question because one or the other is a victim.

I don't have the right answer by any means, but damn. People sexually assault people and people lie about it.

(I make this comment not knowing anything about DW other than the headlines and what I heard on ESPN.)

There are reports that there are text messages of Watson messaging the following to a female massage therapist after an appointment : "Sorry about you feeling uncomfortable. Never were the intentions. Link if you want to work in the future. My apologies."

Will be up to 12 lawsuits.

Can’t help but feel a few of these are people looking for a payday, but also probably some substance to a few of them.

Well, at least the 49ers have a reason not to be stupid and sell the farm for him. At the very least Watson will be suspended indefinitely for the Alligation alone.

Meanwhile, on the Howard Stern Show today (I think it was a rerun) Howard and Robin Quivers were talking to Benjy Bronk (I hate that guy almost as much as Mehmet Walker - douchebags) about getting handjobs at massage parlors and his experience.

One day people are oblivious about massage parlors or think they're funny. The next day, they're outraged at them, put them on blast and finally recognize another race that's not white/black.

It's sad it took a shooting to so. It's sad many of those who are outspoken seem disingenuous (not all or even the majority) and it's sad that many, who've taken advantage of this industry and benefit from it, group it with sex trafficking. I hope people understand that last sentence and don't take it out of context - or interpret it - or translate it into their own assumption/meaning. Ask and I'll give my two-cents.

It boggles my mind I know people (more than likely you do too) that go to places to get happy endings.

What do you guys think? Do you think sex workers are just ordinary people doing a job or are the victims to either the sex industry, legal system or both?