What's new

Did we dodge some bullets?

If Exum struggles in his first summer league game we should trade his ***.

Or also we should remember the summer league is a very weird place to play basketball and a lot of potential good players will play badly.

LOL I knew the Gordon supporters and Smart supporters would come back swinging. Making my day. wink

I'm not a Gordon or smart fan, but this is to be expected. Remember Burke? Also Deron didn't do that great in his first game, I'm sure jazzfanz were on meltdown that night. Lol.

The results of these games has nothing to do with what kind of players these two will do, and if Exum does well, doesn't mean he will be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember last year Kelly Olynyk looked like the next Kevin Mchale during summer league. However Damian Lillard looked real good in summer league and it carried over. I still think summer league is worth something, otherwise the NBA wouldn't do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZVhONMMFtY&sns=em

Try again.

The shot was cringe worthy, the block is gasp worthy.

In truth it wasn't a block, he jumps up and catches the ball. I'd be lying if I said I was glad Orlando took him.

Dodge Bullets? Yes, I believe Gordon could dodge bullets...Like Neo on the Matrix.

Gordon has to be used right. He isn't going to find his shot coming off screens or shooting off the dribble. He needs to hone his spot-up skills first.

Btw, that was McDaniels getting swatted. The rest of his game was much better, looks like those of you on his bandwagon were right.

And the dribbling.....sigh.

When does Dante play?

He had some nice dribble drives. His dribbling isn't an issue. The lack of respect his shot gets is. If he had to be defended with more urgency, his dribbling would look elite for a SF.

All of this stuff for Gordon is a process. Worried that Orlando is going to have him doing too much SF early on. Hopefully he isn't coming off screens for 3's during the regular season, or being allowed to take off the dribble 3 pointers.

Gordon has to be used right. He isn't going to find his shot coming off screens or shooting off the dribble. He needs to hone his spot-up skills first.

Agreed. He won't exactly thrive in a half court offense unless he develops a low post game, and he needs to get stronger for that. He needs a wide open system to do well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every year!

Gordon had a bad offensive game, but his shot does look different. Better form, shots were mainly soft off of the front of the rim. His defense was OK, not up to his normal game. I think he'll be just fine. Smart is going to be just fine as well.

The one player that kind of got exposed was Payton. He can't dribble with his left hand under pressure. He's going to have to work on that before the season starts.

FYI - I'm sure Exum will also have some really good and bad moments. Brace yourselves... he's not MJ 2.0 quite yet!

Every year!

Gordon had a bad offensive game, but his shot does look different. Better form, shots were mainly soft off of the front of the rim. His defense was OK, not up to his normal game. I think he'll be just fine. Smart is going to be just fine as well.

The one player that kind of got exposed was Payton. He can't dribble with his left hand under pressure. He's going to have to work on that before the season starts.

FYI - I'm sure Exum will also have some really good and bad moments. Brace yourselves... he's not MJ 2.0 quite yet!

Payton is going to have trouble against smaller guards pressuring him early on, all tall PG's do. If Exum plays PG, he is going to have the same problem most likely.

This is seriously one of the worst posts ever. One game into SL and we are declaring ourselves winners for not having to endure Gordon....

Remember last year Kelly Olynyk looked like the next Kevin Mchale during summer league. However Damian Lillard looked real good in summer league and it carried over. I still think summer league is worth something, otherwise the NBA wouldn't do it.

What was wrong with Olynyk's rookie year? Yeah, he didn't translate exactly from his higher level play in summer league, but if your impression from the summer league was that he is going to play a lot of years in the NBA, and that Boston made a good pick, that's still true today. He played really well in the last month of the year when they started giving him consistent minutes.

Aaron Gordon, the fourth overall pick out of Arizona, shot 3 of 11 from the field and had four turnovers with seven points and five rebounds in 25 minutes for Orlando in the loss to the Sixers. Boston guard Marcus Smart, the No. 6 pick out of Oklahoma State, missed 6-of-8 shots but had 10 points against Miami.

I will be surprised if Exum plays this badly for sure.

IT IS SUMMER LEAGUE!!!!!!!