What's new

Did we dodge some bullets?

Speaking of dodging bullets...

Charlotte Hornets first-round pick P.J. Hairston was involved in an altercation during a pickup game at a local YMCA on Sunday in which a high school player alleges he was sucker-punched by the former North Carolina standout.
"We were playing open gym and I was running up the court and he hit me in the forehead with his fist," said Northern Durham High rising senior Kentrell Barkley, who is being recruited by numerous mid-major college programs. "I walked up to him and asked him what happened and then he hit me again in the neck."
Hairston's agent, Juan Morrow, confirmed to ESPN that his client, selected 26th overall in last month's NBA draft, did throw a punch at the 6-foot-5, 195-pound Barkley. However, Morrow said it was in retaliation.
Kent Smith/NBAE/Getty ImagesP.J. Hairston, the 26th overall pick in the NBA draft, said at his introductory news conference that he's ready to move forward with his career after "some bumps in the road that I had to overcome."

"The pickup game got heated, the kid swung at P.J. and P.J. swung back," Morrow said.

"Kentrell's team had beaten P.J. a few times and they were winning again," said Vince Phillips, a friend of Barkley's who played at Southern Durham High and just finished his freshman year at Coastal Carolina University on an academic scholarship. "P.J. was talking to him, then he got the ball, looked up the court and dribbled to Kentrell full-speed, threw his fist and then went and scored. Then he hit him again."
"I'm a lifelong UNC fan and I played against P.J. in high school," Phillips added. "I've always rooted for him -- even with all the stuff that happened last year. But after this, I don't think I could look him in the face."
Phillips said there was a previous incident with another player on the court.
"It's not like it was just one guy," Phillips said. "P.J. was looking for problems."

Gordon lovers forgive me, but I still laugh everytime I think of his first 3 point shot in the summer league. It was bad enough to make a bloopers highlight reel. When you miss a shot one foot to the right side of the rim it made for great comic relief.

mcgary with 18/13. looked fluid, skilled, showed dat great hands, and great pass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b87vIAkB5MQ

this dude is ready to contribute right away.
presti struck gold if mcgary can stay healthy. adams/mcgary will be interesting watch. damn, i wanted mcgary badly with our 2nd round pick.