What's new

Do you have reliable access to Jazz games this coming season?

Do you have a reliable method to watch Jazz games for the upcoming season?

• Yes.

Votes: 41 62.1%
  • No.

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • I have no idea.

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
Are you blaming the team for this?
I know it's a pain to pay a fair price to get the games. That's why I posted my post.
I blame the team for it and the NBA in general. Other teams have decent streaming options. I think most people are willing to pay for a decent service, but that is not an option.

Honestly, paying for a crap service doesn't encourage them to do better.

Who should be blamed?

How does this affect Jazz games? Will there be any available to watch each month?

"NBA TV costs $6.99 per month or $59.99 per year. The app is accessible on connected devices like Roku and Apple TV and mobile devices. The service is also available on NBA.com for viewing on a web browser. People who pay for cable can access the app's content by signing in through their pay TV provider."

I just talked to an NBA TV representitve and he told me if you signed up for it you would see just ONE Jazz game during the month of Nov. Obviously, not worth the 6.99, as you can get a single game for 5.99 or a whole month of Jazz games for 17 bucks which comes out to 1.50 a game!

You back. Where have you been?. Busy working on your trade ideas for this season? :D
Hey buddy. I just took a break. Lots going on - the kiddos, football season, etc. I'm pretty excited about this roster and what it could possibly do. I'm not ready to trade anybody at this point.

But doesn't mean I don't have ideas......

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I just found out that I can watch games though an app here in China. It costs about $2 USD a month. The app works really well, is completely legal, and had a 1080p option. Ugh, why can't the NBA do better in the USA?

Ugh, why can't the NBA do better in the USA?

Because laws governing intellectual property were created when a computer looked like this.

16285.jpg

Based on how many people in here use something other than NBA league pass I disagree. They are losing plenty of business to illegal options due to no decent legal option.

But the decent legal option is impossible under the current business model/copyright law. If you live in Utah, the league pass is absolutely useless because of blackouts. If you live outside of Utah, you will have at least a couple of games blacked out when the Jazz play your "local team," plus the Jazz are on national TV 25 times this year. I'm not certain on how exactly that works, but there are at least 10 ESPN games and 6 TNT games. That's almost a quarter of the games you can't watch on League Pass. Then there's the issue of playoffs. The Jazz played 5 games last year, and 11 games in each of the two previous season. We can hopefully see at least another 10 Jazz playoff games this season. That's another 10 games you can't see on LP, but with the caveat that these games mean much more than the regular season games. Hell, you could say that only these games really matter in the end.

You can't see all this stuff on LP, yet they still charge $140 Canadian for it. Now, if there was a package that gave you every single game, regular season or playoffs, I'd pay for it. Well, I'd probably get my wife to buy it for me as a New Year's present, but you get the point. If something like that existed, I'd pay more than $140. It's not really about HD(I watch things on my 26-inch computer monitor...the TV is for the wife and RuPaul's Drag Race and such), and ability to replay games. I just don't want to pay for something that isn't fully comprehensive. Hell, I don't care for All-Star Weekend, but I'd want that thrown in, as well. It just feels stupid to pay for something, and then still have to find other means to watch more than a quarter of games. And I would not under any circumstances consider paying for a cable or satellite subscription.

I'm not sure all these customers would flock to it simply because they made some cosmetic fixes. The big issue here is the outdated business model that relies on exclusive deals. I can't even begin to describe what a load of horse **** that concept is. From video games only available on a certain platform to ESPN having the sole rights to certain games. It's not 1992 anymore.

I watch nothing on my 30" 2k computer monitor and less than nothing on my phone. I can't even understand watching sports on a "device." If I can't watch on what I consider an undersized and outdated HD 60" TV then I'll just look at the ****ing box score. Like people watch on thier phones? That's their alternative? Hard pass.

But the decent legal option is impossible under the current business model/copyright law. If you live in Utah, the league pass is absolutely useless because of blackouts. If you live outside of Utah, you will have at least a couple of games blacked out when the Jazz play your "local team," plus the Jazz are on national TV 25 times this year. I'm not certain on how exactly that works, but there are at least 10 ESPN games and 6 TNT games. That's almost a quarter of the games you can't watch on League Pass. Then there's the issue of playoffs. The Jazz played 5 games last year, and 11 games in each of the two previous season. We can hopefully see at least another 10 Jazz playoff games this season. That's another 10 games you can't see on LP, but with the caveat that these games mean much more than the regular season games. Hell, you could say that only these games really matter in the end.

You can't see all this stuff on LP, yet they still charge $140 Canadian for it. Now, if there was a package that gave you every single game, regular season or playoffs, I'd pay for it. Well, I'd probably get my wife to buy it for me as a New Year's present, but you get the point. If something like that existed, I'd pay more than $140. It's not really about HD(I watch things on my 26-inch computer monitor...the TV is for the wife and RuPaul's Drag Race and such), and ability to replay games. I just don't want to pay for something that isn't fully comprehensive. Hell, I don't care for All-Star Weekend, but I'd want that thrown in, as well. It just feels stupid to pay for something, and then still have to find other means to watch more than a quarter of games. And I would not under any circumstances consider paying for a cable or satellite subscription.

I'm not sure all these customers would flock to it simply because they made some cosmetic fixes. The big issue here is the outdated business model that relies on exclusive deals. I can't even begin to describe what a load of horse **** that concept is. From video games only available on a certain platform to ESPN having the sole rights to certain games. It's not 1992 anymore.
That doesn't explain the non 1080 or 4k option. That also doesn't explain why other teams have decent options to pay for the local service that we don't get with the Jazz due to the local channel it uses.

I watch nothing on my 30" 2k computer monitor and less than nothing on my phone. I can't even understand watching sports on a "device." If I can't watch on what I consider an undersized and outdated HD 60" TV then I'll just look at the ****ing box score. Like people watch on thier phones? That's their alternative? Hard pass.
Put your phone closer to your face. Close enough and it's bigger than your TV from your perspective.