What's new

Do you smoke?

Do you smoke?

• Total voters
For the record: I haven't had soda in 5+ years, never smoked, but I DO have fast food from time to time.

That's wonderful, you have no idea how much cleaner your lungs and livers are than mine.

caffeine in some sodas, thats why people joke about MORMANS and coke.

i'm highly suspicious of splenda... think it might be used by world govt's as a mind controlling agent

I'm pretty sure there are handful of addictives in soda besides caffeine, I have friends who drink soda more than water.

I've never heard of splenda, a sweetener as I understand. Is it controversial or something?

Call me a prick too then. I hate it with my whole heart and yes it ruins my day too. I have asthma and a weak stomach and there is smoke everywhere here. Not even smoke itself but even the smell on people disturbs me as hell. There maybe some psychological effects too because of my past of smoking things. But yeah I'm totally a prick in this manner.

Okay, you're a prick.

Happy?

That's wonderful, you have no idea how much cleaner your lungs and livers are than mine.

I'm pretty sure there are handful of addictives in soda besides caffeine, I have friends who drink soda more than water.

I've never heard of splenda, a sweetener as I understand. Is it controversial or something?

sorry i was being facetious.. doesn't work well in text. splenda was developed as a sweetener for diabetics, but big corporations have simply run rampant with it. there are supposed links to cancer, or even causing diabetes, but that's because it was not developed to be consumed in large quantities (as it is currently being used). it was originally supposed to allow diabetics who cannot have any sugar to be able to consume sweets. in moderation, it's good/ok.

sorry i was being facetious.. doesn't work well in text. splenda was developed as a sweetener for diabetics, but big corporations have simply run rampant with it. there are supposed links to cancer, or even causing diabetes, but that's because it was not developed to be consumed in large quantities (as it is currently being used). it was originally supposed to allow diabetics who cannot have any sugar to be able to consume sweets. in moderation, it's good/ok.

No problem, thanks for the explaining. I read a few things about it since you've mentioned it. Jazzfanz triggers to learn things, goody!

To let the mere scent of smoke ruin your day? Yes.

There are hundreds of small things that can ruin your day and they are individualistic. You not having it doesn't mean other people can't have nor they are irrational.

There are hundreds of small things that can ruin your day and they are individualistic. You not having it doesn't mean other people can't have nor they are irrational.

Okay, sorry that saying irrational got under your skin. But I have my own things like that. I try to understand that it's not the other person's issue, it's mine. See the pet peeve thread for more info.

You do realize that you will die? How many lives would be saved if America were vegan, and smoke free? 0

That's a great argument if you want to end all regulations. It's less effective in persuading those who think regulation has a time and place.

Now that we have that little tidbit of reality out of the way, how can you or anyone else have the audacity to decide what is good for people. I would rather enjoy a steak and a cigar and die a little early than become some neurotic twit.

You're already taxed for the cigar? Why not the steak (depending on the cut, of course)?

Okay, sorry that saying irrational got under your skin. But I have my own things like that. I try to understand that it's not the other person's issue, it's mine. See the pet peeve thread for more info.

OK, I don't want to argue it anymore either although I... No never mind.

The bigger thing is... I still can't believe you called me a prick. It was a bluff man, and you called it. I would never call you a prick.

People are fundamentally irrational. It's basic human nature. Allowing the whiff of smoke to ruin your day is not particularly more irrational than the notion that if you smoke and it bothers someone else, you have no ethical obligation to change your behavior.

OK, I don't want to argue it anymore either although I... No never mind.

The bigger thing is... I still can't believe you called me a prick. It was a bluff man, and you called it. I would never call you a prick.

I love you man. It didn't feel right but I'm always up for a good game of brinksmanship.

Reactions: ema