What's new

Do you think we should fire Corbin?

Do you think we should fire Corbin?

• Total voters
I think we overrate this team. Look around the league, when your best player is Gordon Hayward, you shouldn't have playoff expectations... We're still a few years off no matter who you plug in at coach.

Considering the team made the playoffs last year, I'm just going to assume you're joking.

Good one. Haha.

We made the playoffs with Hayward as our best player... think about that for awhile.

The Jazz is one of the deepest teams in the league. They probably have the best front court in the NBA. They have enough talent to make the playoffs without a coach. They have one of the most promising youth cores around. They will end up one or two spots behind where they were last year despite adding talent and improving play from their youth. All in all, it's a completely wasted season that did nothing but seriously hurt the reputation of a team that was incredibly well respected for decades.

We're at a point where being a homer is just embarrassing. Come on.

The Jazz is one of the deepest teams in the league. They probably have the best front court in the NBA. They have enough talent to make the playoffs without a coach. They have one of the most promising youth cores around. They will end up one or two spots behind where they were last year despite adding talent and improving play from their youth. All in all, it's a completely wasted season that did nothing but seriously hurt the reputation of a team that was incredibly well respected for decades.

We're at a point where being a homer is just embarrassing. Come on.

Time to face reality bro, our team's not that good. I don't think I'm being a homer at all. PS we have nowhere near the best front court in the NBA.

Time to face reality bro, our team's not that good. I don't think I'm being a homer at all. PS we have nowhere near the best front court in the NBA.

The reality where a team that made the playoffs is not good enough to make the playoffs. Gotcha.

Okay, so i am going to come out of the closet. We Need to fire Corbin (This would be a good Sig ha). I have long been a corbin apologist becasue i refused to see the light, but honestly, I see the light now. Corbin is not head coaching material. It's okay. I'm sure he is a good guy, but he just doesn't have what it takes to coach and there is nothing wrong with that. I would love it if he resigned. or the Jazz and Corbin reached a scott skiles-bucks-like agreement. The Offense is a joke right now and man is our defense bad at times.

Okay, so i am going to come out of the closet. We Need to fire Corbin (This would be a good Sig ha). I have long been a corbin apologist becasue i refused to see the light, but honestly, I see the light now. Corbin is not head coaching material. It's okay. I'm sure he is a good guy, but he just doesn't have what it takes to coach and there is nothing wrong with that. I would love it if he resigned. or the Jazz and Corbin reached a scott skiles-bucks-like agreement. The Offense is a joke right now and man is our defense bad at times.

Welcome to the right side of history. We've been waiting for you.

Now you get too that it's not all about Ty. The players, front office, and coaches all take blame.

I think we can just cross off Ty as being the right guy to go forward with. This team is a mess, and
some of that blame falls directly on Ty.

I voted for maybe because I don't want to jump into another trainwreck and have it be another 3 years before we realize this isn't going to work. Might as well keep Ty until there is a coach that we really really want who wants to come to the Jazz. Hasty decisions rarely turn out for the best.

I voted for maybe because I don't want to jump into another trainwreck and have it be another 3 years before we realize this isn't going to work. Might as well keep Ty until there is a coach that we really really want who wants to come to the Jazz. Hasty decisions rarely turn out for the best.

IMO, it's only a trainwreck if we stay safe because that's the safe thing to do, and by that I mean keep Ty or promote Hornacek. To me, doing either would be laughable. A ****ing joke. We need a breath of fresh air, a whole new staff. The Spurs assistant is my new #1. Then, the two Van Gundy's. These are guys, I presume, have brains. With visions. With balls. I'm not ranting to purely rant. I'm saying all this because it's ****ing true. And your suggestion of keeping Ty out of fear essentially, is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board.

HIRE BUDENHOLZER.

IMO, it's only a trainwreck if we stay safe because that's the safe thing to do, and by that I mean keep Ty or promote Hornacek. To me, doing either would be laughable. A ****ing joke. We need a breath of fresh air, a whole new staff. The Spurs assistant is my new #1. Then, the two Van Gundy's. These are guys, I presume, have brains. With visions. With balls. I'm not ranting to purely rant. I'm saying all this because it's ****ing true. And your suggestion of keeping Ty out of fear essentially, is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board.

HIRE BUDENHOLZER.

Budenholzer has been an asst with the Spurs for 18 years, you think thats because no one wanted him? Probably not, he is probably comfortable where he is so cross him off the list. The Van Gundy's JVG is average, that has already been pointed out by myself, SVG is kind of a lunatic but I wouldn't mind having him, don't see him coming to Utah though. So most likely cross them off the list. Then whooooooooooooooooo?????? Lets fire Ty, hope for the best, and if not well there are another 3 years wasted. Maybe they shouldn't fire Ty until they know who they want.

Budenholzer has been an asst with the Spurs for 18 years, you think thats because no one wanted him? Probably not, he is probably comfortable where he is so cross him off the list. The Van Gundy's JVG is average, that has already been pointed out by myself, SVG is kind of a lunatic but I wouldn't mind having him, don't see him coming to Utah though. So most likely cross them off the list. Then whooooooooooooooooo?????? Lets fire Ty, hope for the best, and if not well there are another 3 years wasted. Maybe they shouldn't fire Ty until they know who they want.

I love how you presume Budenholzer doesn't want to be a HC because he's been with them for 17 years. He probably was never even mentioned until the last few years because of more high profile names (Vaughn, Thibs, PJ) but that doesn't mean he may not be great for the job or interested. There are so many factors at play that neither of us have any good idea but to dismiss him as if you know is stupid. And because you stated JVG is average doesn't make it so. He made the playoffs in ten of eleven years as a HC. He made an NBA Finals...as an 8 seed...He made another ECF...In two and half seasons, Ty's been terrible and it's fairly obvious. But I get where you're going. Players peak at around what, 28 years of age? Our core four are standing at an average of about 22. Let's wait another few years until we're REALLY sure. By that point, these guys will be around 25, and their window for truly developing, like a child does in his formative years, will essentially be closed.

****ing dumb. Seriously, you can't be this blind here. Corbin's so bad that these youngsters will not only not develop, they'll regress. And most importantly, losing basketball will be so deeply ingrained within their minds, that they'll forget what it takes to win at any level, let alone the NBA.

Budenholzer has been an assistant since 2007 when Carlesimo vacated that position to coach the Sonics.

I'm intrigued strictly by association. We know nothing about him.

I love how you presume Budenholzer doesn't want to be a HC because he's been with them for 17 years. He probably was never even mentioned until the last few years because of more high profile names (Vaughn, Thibs, PJ) but that doesn't mean he may not be great for the job or interested. There are so many factors at play that neither of us have any good idea but to dismiss him as if you know is stupid. And because you stated JVG is average doesn't make it so. He made the playoffs in ten of eleven years as a HC. He made an NBA Finals...as an 8 seed...He made another ECF...In two and half seasons, Ty's been terrible and it's fairly obvious. But I get where you're going. Players peak at around what, 28 years of age? Our core four are standing at an average of about 22. Let's wait another few years until we're REALLY sure. By that point, these guys will be around 25, and their window for truly developing, like a child does in his formative years, will essentially be closed.

****ing dumb. Seriously, you can't be this blind here. Corbin's so bad that these youngsters will not only not develop, they'll regress. And most importantly, losing basketball will be so deeply ingrained within their minds, that they'll forget what it takes to win at any level, let alone the NBA.

Ummm obviously I dont know whats going on in Budenholzers head, but using deductive reasoning one can assume he has had talks and has turned them down. If he's on board I'm totally cool with that but I wouldn't get all hard over him. JVG like I said had a very good team in NYC, he made it to the finals in a strike shortened year with a very good veteran roster, sweet JVG. He couldn't get Houston out of the 1st round with Mcgrady and Ming. He is very average, maybe not terrible, but I'm not ready to commit to him yet. All I'm saying is find a great coach, a coach who won't fail, don't just fire Ty and take someone because you have to have someone coach the team or you'll have another 3-4 years of ****ty seasons. Calm down, take a deeeeep breath, you are one of the more reactionary posters on here, even in your past lives, let Lindsey do his job, hey hes got an in with Budenholzer, we know that much.

Budenholzer has been an assistant since 2007 when Carlesimo vacated that position to coach the Sonics.

I'm intrigued strictly by association. We know nothing about him.

He's been an assistant since 1994, not '96 as I stated earlier, or 2007 as you stated. He's been their number one assistant since 2007.

And yes, we know nothing in depth about him. But this is what we do know or can deduce. Popps is a very smart guy. Typically, smart guys in his mold surround themselves with guys equally as smart. We also know he's lasted there which means he's doing something right. Add to that that he's GP's number one and that he's not that old (42?) and he has to be a name we have to consider unless Lindsey knows he has zero interest of course. In fact, if he's in the market, he needs to be on the short list imo.

Ummm obviously I dont know whats going on in Budenholzers head, but using deductive reasoning one can assume he has had talks and has turned them down. If he's on board I'm totally cool with that but I wouldn't get all hard over him. JVG like I said had a very good team in NYC, he made it to the finals in a strike shortened year with a very good veteran roster, sweet JVG. He couldn't get Houston out of the 1st round with Mcgrady and Ming. He is very average, maybe not terrible, but I'm not ready to commit to him yet. All I'm saying is find a great coach, a coach who won't fail, don't just fire Ty and take someone because you have to have someone coach the team or you'll have another 3-4 years of ****ty seasons. Calm down, take a deeeeep breath, you are one of the more reactionary posters on here, even in your past lives, let Lindsey do his job, hey hes got an in with Budenholzer, we know that much.

The Knicks a great team? You realize Ewing didn't play in the playoffs that year, right? And that Charlie Ward was average at best, right? And that in Houston, Ming sucked on defense and McGrady was a choker, right? And yet he still won about 160 more games than he lost.