What's new

Do you think we should fire Corbin?

Do you think we should fire Corbin?

• Total voters
Ummm obviously I dont know whats going on in Budenholzers head, but using deductive reasoning one can assume he has had talks and has turned them down. If he's on board I'm totally cool with that but I wouldn't get all hard over him. JVG like I said had a very good team in NYC, he made it to the finals in a strike shortened year with a very good veteran roster, sweet JVG. He couldn't get Houston out of the 1st round with Mcgrady and Ming. He is very average, maybe not terrible, but I'm not ready to commit to him yet. All I'm saying is find a great coach, a coach who won't fail, don't just fire Ty and take someone because you have to have someone coach the team or you'll have another 3-4 years of ****ty seasons. Calm down, take a deeeeep breath, you are one of the more reactionary posters on here, even in your past lives, let Lindsey do his job, hey hes got an in with Budenholzer, we know that much.

Find a great coach? Who? Who's a great coach? ****ing man. Jesus.

The Knicks a great team? You realize Ewing didn't play in the playoffs that year, right? And that Charlie Ward was average at best, right? And that in Houston, Ming sucked on defense and McGrady was a choker, right? And yet he still won about 160 more games than he lost.

Ewing started 38 of the 50 games. But either way, he didn't do anything in Houston, he got fired, he hasn't coached in 7 years or something, there has to be a reason for that. If you are so wet over Budenholzer then I think Lindsey is your man. Give him a chance.

Find a great coach? Who? Who's a great coach? ****ing man. Jesus.

Most coaches who aren't coaching right now aren't great coaches, I'd like to take a chance on a hot assistant, one who isn't great yet because he hasn't had the chance. Not on a coach who has already been fired for sucking.

Ewing started 38 of the 50 games. But either way, he didn't do anything in Houston, he got fired, he hasn't coached in 7 years or something, there has to be a reason for that. If you are so wet over Budenholzer then I think Lindsey is your man. Give him a chance.

Can you read? I said Ewing didn't play in the playoffs. Also, as far as me being reactionary, no, not here. I was the first (maybe the second after Chitown) to proclaim Ty an idiot, within a week or two of his hiring. I'm not sure how anyone in the hiring process could give an extension to someone with such mediocre communication skills, both verbal and non-verbal. The guy sucked, earned nothing, yet got an extension. Watch him trying too work the sidelines for all of two or three minutes and you can see the wheel's not turning at the same speed as your more, ahem, intellectual minds.

Fair enough, I read that wrong, my baddddddddddddd. But still, why do you think JVG has been out of coaching for so long? And if its not because no one wants him but because he likes doing commentary, what makes you think Utah is the place that would change his mind?

I hope they fire his fat a** but I have no trust left in our front office. My fart would do a better job than crap Corbin.

I see 'Big Boobs' Corbin coaching the Jazz for the next 10 years.

Fatterson and Shortysap will be re-signed as well as Chucker Foye and Clueless Mo.

Kanter and Burks will be traded.

Our starting lineup next year:

Fatterson / Veteran
Shortysap / Favors / Veteran
Hayward / Mar-will-less / Rookie
Chucker Foye / Veteran / Veteran
Clueless Mo / Rookie / Watson

Perfect timing, that's how I feel. I really don't think that the team would win more with the young guys starting, and that's his job, I will never fault him for it. And as much as I want Foye off the floor, he is going to go into history as the greatest three point shooter the team has ever had so I can't fault him for that either. I will give him two years starting next season (new team, many vets gone) to prove himself and if he doesn't show improvement than he can go.

This is a stupid, shortsighted way of thinking. It is this thinking, in fact, that has gotten us into this mess.

****ing dumb. Seriously, you can't be this blind here. Corbin's so bad that these youngsters will not only not develop, they'll regress. And most importantly, losing basketball will be so deeply ingrained within their minds, that they'll forget what it takes to win at any level, let alone the NBA.

I think you're forgetting that there are more than a few teams behind the Jazz in loses.
They're most likely not even a losing team if they miss the playoffs this year.

I hope they fire his fat a** but I have no trust left in our front office. My fart would do a better job than crap Corbin.

I see 'Big Boobs' Corbin coaching the Jazz for the next 10 years.

Fatterson and Shortysap will be re-signed as well as Chucker Foye and Clueless Mo.

Kanter and Burks will be traded.

Our starting lineup next year:

Fatterson / Veteran
Shortysap / Favors / Veteran
Hayward / Mar-will-less / Rookie
Chucker Foye / Veteran / Veteran
Clueless Mo / Rookie / Watson

Nice crystal ball.

Fair enough, I read that wrong, my baddddddddddddd. But still, why do you think JVG has been out of coaching for so long? And if its not because no one wants him but because he likes doing commentary, what makes you think Utah is the place that would change his mind?

I have no idea if he wants to coach but he needs to be a main target imo. And also, as far as you calling him average, c'mon. .500. He's at .575. That's definitely above average. As a comparison, George Karl's at .596. Anyway, I agree with you about getting some hot, young assistant. I think Karl's one of the top five or six minds in the league and his teams overachieve for the most part. I wonder how good his assistants are. Reading their bios, I'm not overly impressed.

Click on the totals and it shows who voted for what.

I was not surprised by who voted for maybe and no..... except to say where is lunaticwolf and scorpjazz votes in the no category?

I'd say fire Corbin yesterday, have Hornacek take over as an "interm" coach, and then re-evaluate at the end of the season.

Jeff Van Gundy is a very good coach. He hasn't left the booth because he enjoys it and he's not about to vacate a nice job unless he's paid well and has a chance to succeed. He also won't take a job that's currently occupied (on moral grounds). One of the best defensive coaches the league has seen in it's modern incarnation.

Long story short, he's not a putz. I think he'd consider an offer from the Jazz, provided the season is over and Corbin's been fired.

But your odds of landing a true great are higher if you get in on the ground floor, Rick Carlisle notwithstanding. I know this has been a buzz hire thrown around, but I like Brad Stevens. I think a big part of transitioning a coach from college to the pros is breaking the vets and I don't really want the Jazz to have any of any mention. I think The Four would be responsive, and I feel like he could be the Jim Harbaugh hire of the NBA. Maybe I'm nuts.

I also don't think the Jazz should clean house. I think it would be foolish to completely flush out an impressive legacy in the coaching ranks. At least keep Hornacek. Throw Harpring on the end of the bench too. And see if Skiles wants to play Thibodeau to whoever the HC ends up being.

That One Brow and Hartsock could be convinced that Corbin should go is about as great a repudiation as I can think of.

Jeff Van Gundy is a very good coach. He hasn't left the booth because he enjoys it and he's not about to vacate a nice job unless he's paid well and has a chance to succeed. He also won't take a job that's currently occupied (on moral grounds). One of the best defensive coaches the league has seen in it's modern incarnation.

Long story short, he's not a putz. I think he'd consider an offer from the Jazz, provided the season is over and Corbin's been fired.

But your odds of landing a true great are higher if you get in on the ground floor, Rick Carlisle notwithstanding. I know this has been a buzz hire thrown around, but I like Brad Stevens. I think a big part of transitioning a coach from college to the pros is breaking the vets and I don't really want the Jazz to have any of any mention. I think The Four would be responsive, and I feel like he could be the Jim Harbaugh hire of the NBA. Maybe I'm nuts.

I'm meh on Stevens handling NBA egos. Shaka Smart on the other hand.