What's new

Do you think we should fire Corbin?

Do you think we should fire Corbin?

• Total voters
I doubt Burks will be a cakewalk to handle over time but maybe you're right. If we draft the right kind of guys, maybe Stevens would be great.

Look, Ty can't handle egos at all, and he's succeeded at unmercifully burying 3/4s of them on - as far as most of us can tell - a whim. Stevens at least knows basketball and knows how to get the most out of his players. I tend to think that a coach that gets results and shows players respect get plenty of it coming back.

Look, Ty can't handle egos at all, and he's succeeded at unmercifully burying 3/4s of them on - as far as most of us can tell - a whim. Stevens at least knows basketball and knows how to get the most out of his players. I tend to think that a coach that gets results and shows players respect get plenty of it coming back.

No doubt. I just see Shaka Smart as a guy who would be able to handle egos more. That may be unfair to Stevens.

Also, I wonder if it's even worth it for Stevens, other than for the challenge of course. I'd have to think he's now making a pretty penny and wonder how high of an offer the Jazz would really go for a guy like him.

Also, I wonder if it's even worth it for Stevens, other than for the challenge of course. I'd have to think he's now making a pretty penny and wonder how high of an offer the Jazz would really go for a guy like him.

On April 8, 2010, Stevens signed a long-term deal with Butler, extending his contract through the 2021–22 season.[65] Financial terms of the contract were not disclosed; however, Butler president Bobby Fong had publicly stated that the university could afford to increase Stevens' base salary to approximately US$1,000,000 a few days prior.[66] Stevens had previously made US$395,000 plus benefits in base salary, a relatively low figure for a successful Division I head basketball coach.[67] His total compensation for 2009–10 was estimated at US$750,000.[68] Stevens' has received a raise after each of his three seasons at Butler and his contract contains a buyout clause estimated in the high six or low seven figures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brad_Stevens#Coaching_future

It doesn't appear that he's paid that much. At least not relative to his contribution.

I don't know, but I feel like Stevens is the kind of guy that IF he were to come to the NBA, a franchise like the Jazz - all things considered (Hayward being notable among them) - is where he would take the leap.

1 million plus to coach Butler. Annual raises, probably tournament bonuses, signed through 2021.

To leave that he would REALLY want to coach in the NBA. So if he hates his wife and kids, enjoys traveling 10 months a year, while practicing 1 hour a day with a team that he he will be criticized for then he should be all over an NBA job.

I was optimistic when he was appointed. I was surprised when he was extended before he had earned it ("stability" has its downside). Now I'm just disappointed. Nice guy, better assistant coach than head coach. Time to move on. Let's hope the Millers feel the same way. I'm sort of hoping we lose the rest of our games, otherwise, I could see them being comfortable with the status quo.

I voted no......and I just realized I'm 1 of 6. I'd be a yes if I could be convinced of getting a good replacement. I know we've had thousands of posts about available replacements.......and the pickins are slim. I might as well just stab myself in the eye instead of watching Van Gundy coach our team.

Sure, I have my wish list of coaches I would love and would fire Ty in a heartbeat if it meant getting them, but most are happy with where they're at.

Even with the hypothetical poll, I don't think the FO will fire him. I'm guessing he has one more year to see what he does with the young core. If he pulls off a 7th or 8th seed run into the playoffs, the ever growing, "fire Ty" campaign will be forced to go well beyond 2014 based upon Jazz history. He may not be going anywhere.

Last edited:
LOL f***

I selected no on accident...

biff.gif

I voted no......and I just realized I'm 1 of 6. I'd be a yes if I could be convinced of getting a good replacement. I know we've had thousands of posts about available replacements.......and the pickins are slim.
Wow! This is like staying in a terrible relationship because you fear you'll never do better. Who cares who the replacement is? Ty has shown he's a bad coach and has lost control of the team. If the list of ex-NBA coaches doesn't thrill, then go with someone who is a top assistant right now. Corbin had his chance; he failed.

1 million plus to coach Butler. Annual raises, probably tournament bonuses, signed through 2021.

To leave that he would REALLY want to coach in the NBA. So if he hates his wife and kids, enjoys traveling 10 months a year, while practicing 1 hour a day with a team that he he will be criticized for then he should be all over an NBA job.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he stayed and stayed for a very, very long time. Maybe even as a lifer. But to not even approach the guy would be foolish. Make a list, dump Turd, then get on with it. I think the Jazz offer something exciting to a coach that believes in himself.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he stayed and stayed for a very, very long time. Maybe even as a lifer. But to not even approach the guy would be foolish. Make a list, dump Turd, then get on with it. I think the Jazz offer something exciting to a coach that believes in himself.

I would be surprised if he is a Butler lifer, unless he manages to turn Butler into a hub for top 100 prospects.

Somehow I envision him taking over at Duke once Coach K retires.