What's new

Does Lauri Get Traded?

Does Lauri Get Dealt Before The Season Starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tim is very connected to the Jazz. Him and Tony are definitely the two most credible reporters on the Jazz
This is generally my take as well, but I’m not sure what to make of Windhorst hinting that something’s going on because it’s pretty clear he has a high level source in our FO.

Would you do Collins and two firsts for BI? (I’m a no and team tank it out, but curious if others would.)
That's a fair trade but doesn't do anything for us

We still miss the playoff or barely get in and lose in the first round.

No thanks

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Lowe and McMahon threw a lot of cold water on the trade. Having said that, I don’t think they are super clued in on the Jazz situation in particular.

I stole this write up:

Zach Lowe podcast info

Zach Lowe had Tim MacMahon on to talk about the Western Conference, with a focus on the Jazz and Pelicans.

Jazz related stuff

1. MacMahon says the offers the Jazz have received are nowhere close to what Ainge wants and they will likely just renegotiate and extend Markkanen.
2. MacMahon believes Markkanen will sign after August 6th to avoid having to hear trade talk during the season.
3. Lowe seems baffled by the Jazz's offseason and approach, says they need to pick a lane. MacMahon agrees that they really need to tank but thinks the Jazz can probably tank if they just flood the very young players with minutes and touches. They talk about trading Sexton etc as well to better tank.
4. Lowe questions why Markkanen would want to be a part of another tanking season and MacMahon says the Jazz feel like they're in no rush to do anything and can discuss summer 2025 about whether to trade Markkanen or try to be good. Markkanen will probably just take the money now and can discuss with the Jazz in summer 2025 about whether they should tank together again, try to be good, or look to trade him.
5. Lowe says the Jazz were AGGRESSIVELY after Mikal Bridges, he doesn't really seem to understand why.
6. Lowe says an NBA insider was talking to him, wondering if the Jazz could trade for Brandon Ingram if no Markkanen trade emerges. Lowe seems in disbelief at how bad New Orleans' roster is and how none of it works or fits together. They need to trade Ingram for a center, but MacMahon has heard nothing in weeks. They tried to trade Ingram to get Jarrett Allen, but the Cavs refuse to trade Jarrett Allen under basically any realistic circumstances.
I'll try to help with this
1) Correct
2) 100 percent correct. Lauri doesn't want to be traded
3) The Jazz are picking a lane. Expect outside of Lauri to see the young guys get priority this season
4) Because Will Hardy
5) The reason they were after Bridges was because they had another significant move lined up, but it was contingent on them landing bridges. It would have made them a playoff team
6)I don't expect that, but I guess stranger things have happened

I'll try to help with this

5) The reason they were after Bridges was because they had another significant move lined up, but it was contingent on them landing bridges. It would have made them a playoff team

Yeah, kind of a no brainer tbh, that's what I thought too. Just getting Mikal would have not made too much sense considering how strong the -25 draft is. But getting two top 50 guys could have made more sense.

Obviously Mikal is a better defender and fits in better as your 3rd best player than Ingram, but Ingram is better at everything outside of defense and shot distribution.

4) Because Will Hardy
My man... you have got to be kidding me. Hardy??

Next season will be torture for everyone except the guys who get to dominate the ball and do whatever the hell they want in the name of the tank. Hint: Lauri isn't in that group.

He's acting like he's 34 and doesn't give a **** anymore so he might as well take the money and play the "veteran presence in the locker room" role.

Baffling.

Obviously Mikal is a better defender and fits in better as your 3rd best player than Ingram, but Ingram is better at everything outside of defense and shot distribution.

Ingram is better as a leading option, no doubt. Mikal was not that good with BKN and his defense suffered as a result of his increased offensive role.

Also, health.

Am I crazy for thinking Brandon Ingram is better than Mikal Bridges?
I don't think you are.
They are comparable players imo. Both are very good players.

My man... you have got to be kidding me. Hardy??

Next season will be torture for everyone except the guys who get to dominate the ball and do whatever the hell they want in the name of the tank. Hint: Lauri isn't in that group.

He's acting like he's 34 and doesn't give a **** anymore so he might as well take the money and play the "veteran presence in the locker room" role.

Baffling.
Yep. Lauri has sucked since being coached by Hardy. His previous coaches were much better at making Lauri look good.

Yep. Lauri has sucked since being coached by Hardy. His previous coaches were much better at making Lauri look good.

Hardy won't be able to make him look good next season. Nobody will look good. Some guys will hoard the ball and produce big, empty stats like Sexton did on the Tank Cavs, and the league will see right through them. They'll become known as tank commanders.

A true tank is a terrible thing.

Hardy won't be able to make him look good next season. Nobody will look good. Some guys will hoard the ball and produce big, empty stats like Sexton did on the Tank Cavs, and the league will see right through them. They'll become known as tank commanders.

He will look just fine this next year. He will get a ton of touches and probably averages a career high in scoring on really good shooting percentages. What is going to kill us is the inconsistency and growing pains of our youngsters but Lauri will get his and look damn good doing it.

Lol
Wemby looked great last season when they won 22 games.

Back