What's new

Don and Mike questionable

I think Conley is being selfish and is saving himself for when he leaves Utah. I'm sorry but I get so angry when the camera shows him just so content getting paid on the bench not helping this team while Donovan risks it all. Fu Conley, DL, Zanik
Conley has said he wants to stay in Utah, you obviously have never had a hamstring issue. The player does not decide when they come back it is the medical team's decision just like DM's situation during the 1st round.

The time to come out firing was yesterday and they started out like they weren’t super interested in winning a basketball game.
What are you talking about? The Jazz came out lighting up the score board. If anything keeping DM in was the downfall. He was terrible in the 3rd quarter playing on one leg and taking horrible shots. The Jazz offense became stagnant in the 3rd because DM was running the clock down and then chucking up 3pts on one leg. DM has won a lot of games for us but in game 5 he was a major reason why the Jazz lost. He is not healthy and should not play in game 6.

If Mike and Spida don't go, why not unveil Brantley, Forrest, Dok and Hughes? They are well rested and what's the worst that can happen? Each guy provides matchup issues and if they just try and play hard that is all we can ask.
Well, we’d lose by 50. If you’re okay with that, then totally!

I honestly would not mind trying Doke in Favs’ minutes. That’s an idea that might not be awful. He is a bigger presence and is more athletic than Derrick

The more I think about it, Donovan should not play unless Mike plays. I think Quin could manage their minutes and alternate them, so that they both get 25 minutes. We need at least one of them playing at all times and it would lessen the load on them.

Wa
What are you talking about? The Jazz came out lighting up the score board. If anything keeping DM in was the downfall. He was terrible in the 3rd quarter playing on one leg and taking horrible shots. The Jazz offense became stagnant in the 3rd because DM was running the clock down and then chucking up 3pts on one leg. DM has won a lot of games for us but in game 5 he was a major reason why the Jazz lost. He is not healthy and should not play in game 6.
Watch the first 3 minutes... that is what o was talking about... I outlined it pretty clearly.

Based on my 2 minutes of google research the specific link from hamstring to ACL injury isn’t a fact... not saying it doesn’t happen.

I don’t think we really know what Donovan’s injury is even if it is just an ankle that cost Steph two seasons basically.

Tearing a hamstring or an ACL all seems like at least a one year injury... it’s risky for Mike sure but 1-2 years of all star performance lost versus 10 years is a mighty big difference.

My stance is neither should play... it’s over... I appreciate them wanting to but it’s just not smart.

My stance is give them a few doses of horse steroids and play on!

Conley has said he wants to stay in Utah, you obviously have never had a hamstring issue. The player does not decide when they come back it is the medical team's decision just like DM's situation during the 1st round.
I played college basketball I chose to play when I had a hamstring injury but to compare it to Conley's is a hard comparison. Let's not talk about the medical staff because they are getting a bad name to begin with. It's a question of Conley showing his medal and trying to push himself rather than just sit out.

This roster is just short for playoffs. You've got to be able to get a few minutes of decent postseason play from your 9th or 10th guy.
That said, even if you've got roster sporty decently covered, it's not realistic to think you can overcome Conley/Mitchell injuries.
We could have survived this series if Mitchel was ok. Kid seems to be well into his path to basketball greatness.
Quin man crushes for Niang

I played college basketball I chose to play when I had a hamstring injury but to compare it to Conley's is a hard comparison. Let's not talk about the medical staff because they are getting a bad name to begin with. It's a question of Conley showing his medal and trying to push himself rather than just sit out.
Well since we really do not know the seriousness of his injury we should not be suggesting he should suck it up and play. It is frustrating not to have him play but if playing destroys his career is it worth it. The real problem is DM is not going to be himself the rest of the playoffs so the Jazz are basically done in the playoffs. Even if they some how come back and beat LA there is little left in the tank for the next two series. You have to look at the big picture instead of just one game.

Well since we really do not know the seriousness of his injury we should not be suggesting he should suck it up and play. It is frustrating not to have him play but if playing destroys his career is it worth it. The real problem is DM is not going to be himself the rest of the playoffs so the Jazz are basically done in the playoffs. Even if they some how come back and beat LA there is little left in the tank for the next two series. You have to look at the big picture instead of just one game.
I'm looking at all his missed games as a whole and the future