What's new

Don/Rudy ESPN Article

I think it'd be good to look at actual numbers here. Since breaking out, Rudy's been taking 8 shots a game. Last year he was at 9, and this year he was at 8 again.

Mitchell is taking 20 a game. Bojan shoots 15 a game. Hell, Conley shoots 12 a game when you could maybe justify him shooting half that on current evidence.

And people really have an issue with Rudy taking 10 shots a game? That's what's going to stop us from winning a championship: Rudy attempting a couple of more close range shots?

People have lost their ****ing minds in quarantine, I guess. Orlando let Howard shoot 13 times a game and score 20+ and somehow still managed to make it to the Finals. You make your best player happy with small things. It's not going to ruin your whole team, ffs.
I think giving Rudy a few more shots a game to keep him happy is the right call. Rudy also depends on someone else to create his shot for him so find better ways to get your point across. Mike and Donovan are short, just because Rudy's open at times doesn't mean the pass is always there or they can see the angle to make it. Honestly, this is on Quin as much as anyone. Draw up a few specific plays at the beginning of the 1st and 3rd quarters for a few possessions no matter how they go every night simply to keep him happy.

Nope, but the way he's been going about it is.
This. He needs to do better and Quin also should have been addressing this. Yes I'm sure it wore on all his teammates when he would be animated pointing at the video screen saying they missed him all the time during a game. Rudy has a point, so does everyone saying he didn't handle getting that point across well at all.

After reading some of these post, now I understand why tabloids exists. People are really trying to make this into a major thing for some reason. It is not a news flash that star players have egos, and that they want attention. It is no secret that people don't always get along. It does not mean they are headed for a divorce. I guess people have nothing to talk about so they have over analyzed an old story. I am ready to watch some Jazz basketball and I will be cheering the whole team. The Jazz need people to step up since we are missing Bogey. I am more worried about the Jazz schedule, it seems pretty tough. New Orleans is a tough first game. We lost to them once and barely beat them another time. Zion is waiting for the Jazz, that is much scary than if DM and Rudy don't go out to dinner together.

I think it'd be good to look at actual numbers here. Since breaking out, Rudy's been taking 8 shots a game. Last year he was at 9, and this year he was at 8 again.

Mitchell is taking 20 a game. Bojan shoots 15 a game. Hell, Conley shoots 12 a game when you could maybe justify him shooting half that on current evidence.

And people really have an issue with Rudy taking 10 shots a game? That's what's going to stop us from winning a championship: Rudy attempting a couple of more close range shots?

People have lost their ****ing minds in quarantine, I guess. Orlando let Howard shoot 13 times a game and score 20+ and somehow still managed to make it to the Finals. You make your best player happy with small things. It's not going to ruin your whole team, ffs.

Yea but Howard could catch a pass and had good hands. Something Gobert lacks. Comparing apples to oranges.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

The bottom line here is we all love Rudy. We all love Donovan. I hope both are here a long time. I hope the Jazz don’t pay Rudy a super-max and do what’s necessary if that’s what it’s going to demand to keep him because it’s just isn’t wise to hand out that contract to him. It isn’t. I love Don and hope he is not looking for excuses to leave. I would love to see Donovan be here every second of his career both because of who he is on and off the court. Donovan can be one of the most important and influential people in the state of Utah and to wear a Jazz uniform. Anyway, I’m glad things are returning in a few weeks. We’ll see how it goes.

I’m glad he’s on our team but I don’t love Donovan. Not at all tbh.

Except that’s not remotely what you said.
Yeah, what I said was more for effect. Dwight Howard May have ______, but I take Rudy any day of the week because of the mental components. Same reason why I’d take Ginobili or Michael Finley over McGrady.