What's new

Don/Rudy ESPN Article

Trade Donnie for the #1 pick in 2021. **** it.
If you do that you may as well trade Rudy too. If you have to trade Donovan you need a good player ready to go if you keep Rudy. We’ll see what the contract looks like in October that he signs.

He may love him, but he’s treating him like they other girl’ that he takes for granted for always being there, else he would have been a little more proactive when Rudy was getting fisted nationally.
I think Rudy and management will make up. There are enough deposits in the emotional bank account and he seems super introspective and aware (for an athlete that is pretty rare). I think he plays like the low maintenance star he has been for 95% of his career doing all the little things... just hope the guys recognize it and it will be the basis for recovery.

I remember that girl in high school... honestly I think she viewed me as that guy in high school too...

Remember when we were up 25 in game 5 of the OKC series and then Gobert picked up his 5th foul and we lost?.......Your definition of “dominate” is skewed. He’s been vital to winning as well and yes so has Donovan. Also we all support him, but asking for him to be open and honest isn’t an issue.

How about when Rudy can do something, anything, other than dunk on the offensive end then we can call him dominant. Rudy's own perception of his skills on that end of the floor are flawed to say the least. He shouldn't be demanding the ball when he can't do anything useful with it other than dunk in most cases and can barely catch the damned ball to begin with.

How about when Rudy can do something, anything, other than dunk on the offensive end then we can call him dominant. Rudy's own perception of his skills on that end of the floor are flawed to say the least. He shouldn't be demanding the ball when he can't do anything useful with it other than dunk in most cases and can barely catch the damned ball to begin with.
He sets screens like a mofo... its valuable and hard... it matters too.

Also, people used to argue all Shaq could do was dunk... the dunk is the best shot in basketball... if we can get more dunks we should.

Rudy's offensive rating has always been really high. He does a lot on that end to make things work. He has his flaws and is narrow with his skill set for sure, but if you are a heart surgeon you don't have to know how to treat ingrown toenails ya know.

He sets screens like a mofo... its valuable and hard... it matters too.

Also, people used to argue all Shaq could do was dunk... the dunk is the best shot in basketball... if we can get more dunks we should.

Rudy's offensive rating has always been really high. He does a lot on that end to make things work. He has his flaws and is narrow with his skill set for sure, but if you are a heart surgeon you don't have to know how to treat ingrown toenails ya know.

Agreed except Rudy's chief complaint is that he wants the ball to score. He does not have that ability other than to dunk.

Tempted to go literal on this analogy.
I thought this analogy might tickle your fancy. You love you some analogies.

BTW ingrown toenails are midrange shots for sure... right?

Agreed except Rudy's chief complaint is that he wants the ball to score. He does not have that ability other than to dunk.

Yes and no... he wants them to throw the lob or hit him on the dive more. There are a lot of times when DM or Mike miss him only to shoot a ****** floater or other midrange garbage.

Joe is the best at passing to Rudy... Joe started when Mike was out... Joe and Rudy both benefitted. Rudy was up over 17pts a game when Joe was starting without Mike. Rest of the season he averaged 13ish... He just wants them to throw it one or two more times a game imo. He knows he isn't a 20 ppg guy.

He can, it’s called covering up the embarrassing defense of everyone else o the other end. He has to be rewarded, good or bad at times. You keep him somewhat involved to keep him happy, whether it’s the best play 4-5 more times a night or not. We sucked at times because Rudy quit defending. Give him a few extra touches a game so he stays trying.

The bottom line here is we all love Rudy. We all love Donovan. I hope both are here a long time. I hope the Jazz don’t pay Rudy a super-max and do what’s necessary if that’s what it’s going to demand to keep him because it’s just isn’t wise to hand out that contract to him. It isn’t. I love Don and hope he is not looking for excuses to leave. I would love to see Donovan be here every second of his career both because of who he is on and off the court. Donovan can be one of the most important and influential people in the state of Utah and to wear a Jazz uniform. Anyway, I’m glad things are returning in a few weeks. We’ll see how it goes.

I think it'd be good to look at actual numbers here. Since breaking out, Rudy's been taking 8 shots a game. Last year he was at 9, and this year he was at 8 again.

Mitchell is taking 20 a game. Bojan shoots 15 a game. Hell, Conley shoots 12 a game when you could maybe justify him shooting half that on current evidence.

And people really have an issue with Rudy taking 10 shots a game? That's what's going to stop us from winning a championship: Rudy attempting a couple of more close range shots?

People have lost their ****ing minds in quarantine, I guess. Orlando let Howard shoot 13 times a game and score 20+ and somehow still managed to make it to the Finals. You make your best player happy with small things. It's not going to ruin your whole team, ffs.