What's new

Donald Fires FBI Director who's investigating Russian Election Hacking

I don't think Whittaker has been around long enough to know the environment of the investigation, and I don't believe that they are shouting and screaming at people (threatening, sure, they are prosecutors).

Do you believe donnie knows and knows and accepts that Whitaker doesn't know the environment of Mueller's investigation?

I think donnie believes Whitaker understands the Mueller investigation well enough to be able to put up a reason to kill it.

Not a good one, but one none the less.

Really disgusting to see to what lengths this crew will go to appease the Saudis. Handing Gulen over to Erdogan is as good as killing him imo.

Our old friend Enes Kanter has had this to say about how Erdogan's regime treats its critics.

If you speak out against Erdogan, it can affect your whole life and everyone around you. It has been too dangerous for me to set foot in Turkey for three years. The last time I visited, the government destroyed my brothers’ school and threw my dentist and his wife in prison. The regime arrested and charged a man for links to Gulen after I took a picture with his child, and went after a comedian after he exchanged a few tweets with me. Last year, Erdogan canceled my passport and put out an international warrant for my arrest. That means I am now stateless and pretty much can’t leave the United States.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2018/11/khashoggi-turkey-trump-gulen-erdogan-saudi-arabia.html

To review: In order to help an Islamist theocracy get away with kidnapping and executing one American immigrant, Trump is (reportedly) trying to find a legal rationale for letting another Islamist nation imprison (and possibly execute) a different American immigrant.

If this is true, then it seems safe to say, contra Rubio, that Trump is less of an American nationalist who harbors a deep commitment to human rights than an American solipsist who is ready and willing to abet crimes against humanity if he believes that he stands to benefit personally from doing so.

What do you think Whittaker was appointed for?

Under normal circumstances I’d assume trump was just bluffing. But not now after he fired Sessions and appointed a puppet, like Whittaker.
Whitaker's one clear qualification for this position, from Trump's position, is that he will do everything he can to impede the Mueller investigation.

That there are reputable Republicans who support his appointment, (Mitch, Cruz, Graham) makes them less reputable. imho.

To recap, the USA was attacked by a foreign power, in an organized cyber and propaganda campaign to interfere in our democracy. The effort to get to the truth of what happened, and who was involved, has been entrusted to a career professional law enforcement leader who has served under both Republican and Democrat administrations. Any effort to further undermine this investigation is treasonous.

Take off the partisan goggles and face the truth. The Mueller investigation has not been leaking what they are finding, and yet there has not been a week in which the President has not made some move or statement to undermine or stop the investigation. He behaves like he has something to hide. I'm willing to withhold judgment until the investigation is completed, but we can not permit the investigation to be starved out, shut down, curbed, or otherwise interfered with and hope to retain our democracy for long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Just a temporary change of pace, because I thought this was a good column, with a lot of truth, even as I'm unable to practice what it illuminates about our president and our media...

Lately, I got to thinking that would it not be progress, of a sort, if the mainstream media simply stopped reporting on Trump's every tweet? Or what would happen if Trump held a press conference, and nobody attended, or stood on the White House lawn before a gaggle of reporters, who all stood silently, not a question on their lips, not a notepad in their hands? But, he dominates social media as a subject as well, and if I think ignoring him would be great, I am guilty of having not practiced that approach. Still, I would love to see his reaction if his ego was starved for attention, and so, I note with interest that Tom Engelhardt, my favorite "antidote to the mainstream media", in his most recent column, muses along the same lines. It would be wonderful if he held a press conference, and nobody showed up.

After all, Trump's statements, answers, and musings are largely incoherent babbling.

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/176496/tomgram:_engelhardt,_an_"earned_media"_presidency/

Anyone paying attention can't help but notice it is the president who has been coming unglued, a loony as it were, ever since the midterms. It helps to be grounded in reality when rendering analysis here.

It sounds like you may be falling for the president's baseless claims, including his claim people were disguising themselves and voting twice in Florida. Why should it be asking too much that the president actually be rational? If, as seems likely from the above quote, you simply believe this nonsense uncritically, well, I should think you could do better then this.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/11/bogus-voter-fraud-claims

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1991921002

So stop already with your political hack "fact" checkers. We know they are baseless liars.

Trump is way to slow doing anything about election fraud. We have known Obama did it regularly. Ever hear about those Acorn folks? LBJ did it in Texas. Chicago has always been doing it, since I dunno…. maybe 1832.

Dems today are openly trying to make sure non-Citizens get to vote. It's part of the belief system from a globalist perspective. You know. Marx was all for it. No more borders, bro.

Since "The Resistance" raised the flag the day after Trump's election in 2016, the mainsteam media and all the loonies that run with you have not blinked one rational thought.

Last edited:
So stop already with your political hack "fact" checkers. We know they are baseless liars.

Trump is way to slow doing anything about election fraud. We have known Obama did it regularly. Ever hear to those Acorn folks? LBJ did it in Texas. Chicago has always been doing it, since I dunno…. maybe 1832.

Dems today are openly trying to make sure non-Citizens get to vote. It's part of the belief system from a globalist perspective. You know. Marx was all for it. No more borders, bro.

Since "The Resistance" raised the flag the day after Trump's election in 2016, the mainsteam media and all the loonies that run with you have not blinked one rational thought.
You dare call other people liars in a post where you make baseless allegations, yet again? You are a liar. You have no dignity. You have no credibility. You are a shameful person.

You dare call other people liars in a post where you make baseless allegations, yet again? You are a liar. You have no dignity. You have no credibility. You are a shameful person.

Well, Jason has always gone with the idea that if you believe it, it's not a lie. I believe it.

you might believe what you say. The media in full Resistance mode might believe what they say too.

baseless allegations are your stock in trade.... hey with the help of lying "fact-checkers" online, with the help of internet news sources which routinely massage the facts to fit some version of acceptable "social" value. Did you know that China is working with Google to heavily maintain a favorable press in the Chinese internet sphere?

Jason is not credible, bro. Whether something is a lie or not has nothing to do with pretensions of belief. People believe their own lies for the greater part.

And what's this **** about "daring" anything? My statements are not baseless, and they are worth no more that the facts upon which I build them.

Red has repeated denied being a Marxist, as you do..... but the facts of what Marx wrote match up pretty good with a lot what our "liberals" or "progressives" and for that matter.... with a lot of Republicans....today believe or think or say.

a world without national borders being one of those.

So stop with your baseless lying twisting personal attacks already.

Do you believe donnie knows and knows and accepts that Whitaker doesn't know the environment of Mueller's investigation?

I think donnie believes Whitaker understands the Mueller investigation well enough to be able to put up a reason to kill it.

Not a good one, but one none the less.

I'm not sure about anything, constitutionally.... my own that is.... just don't invest heavily in ideas generally, especially from a distance and regarding politics. Most of what we can know is pablum for the little folks.

But I think that Sessions was compromised in some respect. It just looked like a completely different Sessions turned up after his little controversy over his recusal. I'm not sure who Whit is, or why Trump wants him. But the hellava hullabaloo the Resistance Press is raising tells me maybe he's the right man for the job.

In the context of all the things we know Hillary did to fix her election, it's a wonder she didn't get it by a landslide, and it's a shame nobody cares to look at her crimes to make sure we fix our political process and put a stop to corrupt politicians. Our Resistance Media is fighting against doing that.

Maybe it's because if people knew how many millions those exact financial owners of our Resistance Media put up to elect dems in 2018, enough people would really insist we put an end to buying our elections.

But Mueller is not clean, for sure. And all you Resistance hopefuls who think your team is clean..... well, maybe one day you'll see you've been done in too.

I'm not sure about anything, constitutionally.... my own that is.... just don't invest heavily in ideas generally, especially from a distance and regarding politics. Most of what we can know is pablum for the little folks.

But I think that Sessions was compromised in some respect. It just looked like a completely different Sessions turned up after his little controversy over his recusal. I'm not sure who Whit is, or why Trump wants him. But the hellava hullabaloo the Resistance Press is raising tells me maybe he's the right man for the job.

In the context of all the things we know Hillary did to fix her election, it's a wonder she didn't get it by a landslide, and it's a shame nobody cares to look at her crimes to make sure we fix our political process and put a stop to corrupt politicians. Our Resistance Media is fighting against doing that.

Maybe it's because if people knew how many millions those exact financial owners of our Resistance Media put up to elect dems in 2018, enough people would really insist we put an end to buying our elections.

But Mueller is not clean, for sure. And all you Resistance hopefuls who think your team is clean..... well, maybe one day you'll see you've been done in too.
lolbabelol

Trump seems to be creating a fantasy world for his followers. Haven't you noticed, by now, that he only addresses his base? Rather then an actual presidency, he seems to have deliberately crafted a cult of personality.

So, he has this base, maybe 35% of the electorate(?), 'bout that maybe, who, at this point will just believe anything he says. So, no matter how nonsensical his claims, they are simply accepted uncritically by that base.

Along with this alternate world he has created, he is helping usher in a Post Truth landscape. Not alone. Hannity and others of his supporters who can reach a lot of people, spin whatever conspiracy theory best suits the president's needs. I feel Timothy Snyder says it as well as anyone in the Snyder quote I've put as part of my signature. It's an extremely dangerous development in a democracy. If we cant agree on a consensus reality, even, then we lose all ability to distinguish truth from lie. Or at least many will, and cult leaders like Trump will always take advantage of such a condition. He's been laying the foundation for this from the start.

Combine the above with a cult of personality, and it becomes far easier for a guy like Trump to even refuse to step down should he lose in 2020. He can count on full allegiance from that 35% or so, he can count on full support of his lies by his propaganda spokesmen at places like Fox, he can count on a Post Truth landscape erasing all distinctions between truth and fiction.

Now, I'm not saying he plans on remaining in power were he to lose in 2020. But in crafting a fantasy world where he is the victim, and building a cult of personality, he is creating the conditions that will make any anti-democratic decision he makes, something that will have the full throated backing of his base. And, every time he says something that he refuses to back up with evidence, such as people in Florida disguised themselves to vote more then once, he inflicts damage on our democratic institutions.

The Russians did that very thing in 2016. And here he is doing the very same thing in 2018. It is not the news media that is the enemy of the people. It is Donald J. Trump.

And, these trends will become ever more ascendent once a Democrat majority House sits in session in Jan. 2019. We have not seen anything yet, where Trump's willingness to damage our democratic institutions are concerned.

Red has repeated denied being a Marxist

Now, none of this has anything whatsoever to do with Marxism. I don't understand your fixation with Marxism at all, or why you insist on claiming I am one, and that I know I am one, and that I am denying it, because this is some kind of secret I must keep hidden. You seem to have some kind of fantasy-driven picture of me that has no basis in reality. And, since you are very fond of conspiracy theories, maybe the explanation for this fixation lies there, I'm not sure.

Adam SCHIFF will be able to subpoena Trump's financials in January. Not exactly a guy I'd be mocking right now... But our president is a ****ing moron, just like a handful of his supporters on this website!

Can't say this is unexpected. President Trump saying he will be above the law. He will not be held to account.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/11...stop-acting-ag-from-curtailing-mueller-probe/

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said he would not overrule his acting attorney general, Matthew Whitaker, if he decides to curtail the special counsel probe being led by Robert Mueller III into Russian interference in the 2016 election campaign.

“Look, it’s going to be up to him … I would not get involved,” Trump said in an interview on “Fox News Sunday.”

Can't say this is unexpected. President Trump saying he will be above the law. He will not be held to account.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/11...stop-acting-ag-from-curtailing-mueller-probe/

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump said he would not overrule his acting attorney general, Matthew Whitaker, if he decides to curtail the special counsel probe being led by Robert Mueller III into Russian interference in the 2016 election campaign.

“Look, it’s going to be up to him … I would not get involved,” Trump said in an interview on “Fox News Sunday.”

Wasn’t the executive created for things other than tweeting juvenile insults, wasting millions on golf trips, and “triggering the libs?”

It’s anazing how far our expectations have slipped on just a few years. When was the last time Donald did anything constructive?

Wasn’t the executive created for things other than tweeting juvenile insults, wasting millions on golf trips, and “triggering the libs?”

It’s anazing how far our expectations have slipped on just a few years. When was the last time Donald did anything constructive?
trumphardhat.png

Boom!

Look at that stud!

I do not understand how Trump fans and Trump apologists and people on his side of the tribalism divide continue to defend a president who is clearly a lowlife. To all his fans I can only say your president is nothing but the lowlife of lowlifes. A four time draft dodger renders his opinion of a four star admiral. When are his fans going to wake up and realize their emperor has no clothes, he sits in that office without a shred of dignity. Try telling me how Trump "upholds the dignity of the office" and uses it to "bring the nation together".

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna937716

Last year, McRaven, who did not make an endorsement in the 2016 presidential election, called Trump's lambasting of the news media possibly "the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime" during a speech at the University of Texas. A four-star admiral who retired from the Navy in 2014, McRaven also wrote an August op-ed article calling on Trump to revoke his security clearance after the president pulled former CIA Director John Brennan's clearance.
"Hillary Clinton fan," Trump told Wallace Sunday when confronted with the retired admiral's criticism. "Excuse me, Hillary Clinton fan."

"OK, he’s a Hillary Clinton backer and an Obama backer," Trump added before Wallace said McRaven had been a Navy SEAL for nearly four decades.....

McRaven responded on Sunday, telling CNN that he did not support Clinton or anyone else in the 2016 election. He emphasized that partisanship did not play a role in his career.

"I am a fan of President Obama and President George W. Bush, both of whom I worked for," he told CNN. "I admire all presidents, regardless of their political party, who uphold the dignity of the office and who use that office to bring the nation together in challenging times."

The former Navy SEAL also added that he stood by his comment that Trump's attacks on the press are "the greatest threat to our democracy in my lifetime."

"When you undermine the people's right to a free press and freedom of speech and expression, then you threaten the Constitution and all for which it stands," he said.

Last edited:

Who is Whit? A Republican party loyalist that has publically stated he would fund the Mueller investigation so low as to starve it out of resources, that he would limit the scope of the investigation, and the he has already determined that it has found no evidence of collusion. Read about it that Resistance rag the Des Moines register.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...sal-robert-muellers-investigation/1988662002/

That sound like a man who is after the truth to you? Or someone trying out for a spot on Trump's team? And if he doesn't deliver, is there any doubt he will be sacked in a New York minute?

Obtw the President stated that he didn't know Whitaker held those opinions. Very trustworthy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

I do not understand how Trump fans and Trump apologists and people on his side of the tribalism divide continue to defend a president who is clearly a lowlife. To all his fans I can only say your president is nothing but the lowlife of lowlifes. A four time draft dodger renders his opinion of a four star admiral. When are his fans going to wake up and realize their emperor has no clothes, he sits in that office without a shred of dignity. Try telling me how Trump "upholds the dignity of the office" and uses it to "bring the nation together".

Last year, McRaven, who did not make an endorsement in the 2016 presidential election, called Trump's lambasting of the news media possibly "the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime" during a speech at the University of Texas. A four-star admiral who retired from the Navy in 2014, McRaven also wrote an August op-ed article calling on Trump to revoke his security clearance after the president pulled former CIA Director John Brennan's clearance.
"Hillary Clinton fan," Trump told Wallace Sunday when confronted with the retired admiral's criticism. "Excuse me, Hillary Clinton fan."

"OK, he’s a Hillary Clinton backer and an Obama backer," Trump added before Wallace said McRaven had been a Navy SEAL for nearly four decades.....

McRaven responded on Sunday, telling CNN that he did not support Clinton or anyone else in the 2016 election. He emphasized that partisanship did not play a role in his career.

"I am a fan of President Obama and President George W. Bush, both of whom I worked for," he told CNN. "I admire all presidents, regardless of their political party, who uphold the dignity of the office and who use that office to bring the nation together in challenging times."

The former Navy SEAL also added that he stood by his comment that Trump's attacks on the press are "the greatest threat to our democracy in my lifetime."

"When you undermine the people's right to a free press and freedom of speech and expression, then you threaten the Constitution and all for which it stands," he said.

Cult
Of
Personality

It doesn’t matter what trump does. 38 percent of this country would eat Trump’s dung (in a figurative way, they already are) if he told them to do so. America has no shortage of dim-witted bitter people eager to follow a loud leader who makes them feel good.

These people don’t care about policy. They just care about Donald telkingbthem that they’re “winning.”

The official GOP twitter account aka Party of Trump now attacking the admiral who oversaw the operation getting Osama Bin Laden. Trump has totally taken over the GOP

Reactions: Red