What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

That was a bleak read. I feel the inevitability of Trump 2.0 to a degree, I’ve been slack jawed at one seems like a “going to have to learn the hard way” inevitability for awhile, grasping at any “good” news, but the future suggested in that narrative won’t come as a surprise if it happens.
All of the ceos and donors who are currently funding Haley and Dee Santis will soon come home to boost Orange God King. After all, expanding their wealth is priority number 1. Capitalism for the richest usually does just fine under authoritarianism. Especially in the short term. And if voters in key swing states don’t care about democracy and want another season of the Trump Show, then that’s going to be the end of American democracy and a huge world shakeup of the 21st century. Goodbye Ukraine, for starters.

Last edited:

The “Banality of Crazy”​

There’s a puzzle at the heart of Trump news and it’s this: why doesn’t the press go FULL BLOCK CAPITALS when a leading presidential candidate, yet again, incites violence?

If Joe Biden called to execute shoplifters, do you think there’d be a big headline in the New York Times, or do you think you’d have to scroll well past the articles on pumpkin spice lattes and DogTV to find out about it?

We all know the answer.

When Joe Biden didn’t trip but nearly tripped last week, it was headline news. How absurd is that? A candidate who didn’t quite fall over is a bigger news story than a candidate calling to execute shoplifters? (For the record, roughly ten percent of the US population shoplifts, so millions would face potential execution under Trump’s proposal).

This is what I call the Banality of Crazy—and it’s warping the way that Americans think about politics in the Trump and post-Trump era.

It's all about conditioning for Trump and he's a master at it; desensitizing people to his calls for violence while his acolytes are conditioned to act on his demands. He single-handedly orchestrated an attack on our Capitol and got away with it scot-free as of 3-years-later. He becomes more dangerous every day that he has his freedom.

Last edited:

The “Banality of Crazy”​

There’s a puzzle at the heart of Trump news and it’s this: why doesn’t the press go FULL BLOCK CAPITALS when a leading presidential candidate, yet again, incites violence?

If Joe Biden called to execute shoplifters, do you think there’d be a big headline in the New York Times, or do you think you’d have to scroll well past the articles on pumpkin spice lattes and DogTV to find out about it?

We all know the answer.

When Joe Biden didn’t trip but nearly tripped last week, it was headline news. How absurd is that? A candidate who didn’t quite fall over is a bigger news story than a candidate calling to execute shoplifters? (For the record, roughly ten percent of the US population shoplifts, so millions would face potential execution under Trump’s proposal).

This is what I call the Banality of Crazy—and it’s warping the way that Americans think about politics in the Trump and post-Trump era.

That is a fantastic article. It could have been written about Hitler in 1937.

Im seeing a lot of worry that trump will beat biden next year. I have the same worry.

Pretty easy was to stop that from happening though. Dont make biden the opponent. DNC is too dumb to do that though. Its almost like they want trump to win.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

And if voters in key swing states don’t care about democracy
Not just voters in swing states. Many Americans are comfortable with authoritarian leaders.

Similar to authoritarian movements elsewhere, but unique as well:

“There’s a minority of the population that’s pretty reactionary and, by a bunch of measures, fairly authoritarian in really all Western democracies,” Levitsky says. “The question is, how are they channeled into politics? What’s exceptional about the United States is that 25 percent or so was actually able to wield national power. Is MAGA comparable to far-right parties in Europe? Yeah. With the exception of maybe Golden Dawn in Greece, though, probably more openly authoritarian.”

Authoritarian movements of the past share characteristics with what we’re seeing in the US today—from Turkey and Hungary more recently to the rise of fascism in the 1920s—but the US governmental system and political parties present particular hurdles and windows of opportunity.

“The problem is our incentives—the Electoral College, the Supreme Court, the fact that sparsely populated territories are dramatically overrepresented in our electoral system—allows the Republicans to wield a lot of power without winning national majorities,” Levitsky says. “If the Republican Party actually had to win over 50 percent of the national vote to control the Senate, to control the presidency, to control the Supreme Court, you would not see them behaving the way they’re behaving. They would never win.”

Last edited:
It's all about conditioning for Trump and he's a master at it; desensitizing people to his calls for violence while his acolytes are conditioned to act on his demands. He single-handedly orchestrated an attack on our Capitol and got away with it scot-free as of 3-years-later. He becomes more dangerous every day that he has his freedom.
Way back in high school Civics, I remember being taught that a free press was democracy’s watchdog, one responsibility being to warn Americans, dependent on conditions and events at the time. If someone like Trump appears in the body politic, well, the press could have done a better job at being a watchdog of democracy, instead of dedicating itself to “both sides”. That kind of “both sides” ignores the important role of acting as democracy’s watchdog. But, extreme partisanship makes such a role all the more difficult to actually persuade an electorate, that danger exists and needs to be highlighted, and I guess it does depend on the public actually respecting the press and media, which is a far cry from current conditions. Was not always that way, don’t remember any partisan battles in high school Civics.

Last edited:
Really hoping Nikki haley can beat trump in the primaries. I think she is the only with a small chance. I might register as a republican just to vote for her in the primaries.

Really hoping Nikki haley can beat trump in the primaries. I think she is the only with a small chance. I might register as a republican just to vote for her in the primaries.
She’s down by 40+ pts in most of the polls I’ve seen. So I guess her chance is about as good as Lloyd Christmas hooking up with Mary Sampsonite?

She’s down by 40+ pts in most of the polls I’ve seen. So I guess her chance is about as good as Lloyd Christmas hooking up with Mary Sampsonite?
Ya I thought I made that clear in the post you quoted

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Ya I thought I made that clear in the post you quoted

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Make it clearer. A small chance is like saying Alabama has a small chance of beating Georgia this weekend. Cmon fish. A small chance is like finding some rainbow trout in Utah lake.

A one in a million chance is much smaller than a small chance. Like Lloyd would have to find a love potion number 9 like substance. It’d be like finding a rhino living in Utah lake.

Even if Trump is convicted, I don’t see many GOP primary voters changing their vote. The advantage of being a counter culture movement is that you don’t have to believe in or respect any current law, constitution, or institution. You get to make up your own reality.

Covid is real and killing people? Nah, it’s just the cold. Stuff a flashlight up your ***. Lose an election? Nah, you actually won. Storm the capitol, kill cops, and try and overthrow the government? Nah, it was a great and glorious day full of patriots. The bad guys were the cops and besides it was antifa acting as violent protesters. But also protestors are hostages and real patriots. Or something. Former president keeps classified documents and lies about them to law enforcement? It’s actually law enforcement’s fault for prosecuting cuz politics or something. Convicted on a felony? Fake news, the judge and jury were anti Trump. Win in 2024 and wanna make yourself dictator? Why not, what’s gonna stop ya? The party, billionaires, media, and Supreme Court worship you.

What’s stopping Trump from losing the primary but declaring himself the winner and taking a good chunk of the GOP with him?

This is why permitting his lying and coddling him with falsehoods has been so dangerous. Even if Haley barely beat him, what’s stopping him from claiming that the primary was rigged? And turning his worshippers onto the GOP? And then intimidating others into giving him the nomination? He could also run as an independent and **** Haley over.

Truly, the GOP should’ve dumped his ***. Especially if it meant knocking some sense into voters. Instead, they’ve coddled voters with lies for so long that they’re now held hostage by their own radicalized and stupid voters. They’ve fed them so much ****.

Make it clearer. A small chance is like saying Alabama has a small chance of beating Georgia this weekend. Cmon fish. A small chance is like finding some rainbow trout in Utah lake.

A one in a million chance is much smaller than a small chance. Like Lloyd would have to find a love potion number 9 like substance. It’d be like finding a rhino living in Utah lake.

Even if Trump is convicted, I don’t see many GOP primary voters changing their vote. The advantage of being a counter culture movement is that you don’t have to believe in or respect any current law, constitution, or institution. You get to make up your own reality.

Covid is real and killing people? Nah, it’s just the cold. Stuff a flashlight up your ***. Lose an election? Nah, you actually won. Storm the capitol, kill cops, and try and overthrow the government? Nah, it was a great and glorious day full of patriots. The bad guys were the cops and besides it was antifa acting as violent protesters. But also protestors are hostages and real patriots. Or something. Former president keeps classified documents and lies about them to law enforcement? It’s actually law enforcement’s fault for prosecuting cuz politics or something. Convicted on a felony? Fake news, the judge and jury were anti Trump. Win in 2024 and wanna make yourself dictator? Why not, what’s gonna stop ya? The party, billionaires, media, and Supreme Court worship you.
Damn, that's a pretty good yet depressing summary... even though there's sooo much more.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

Im seeing a lot of worry that trump will beat biden next year. I have the same worry.

Pretty easy was to stop that from happening though. Dont make biden the opponent. DNC is too dumb to do that though. Its almost like they want trump to win.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

yep they're so stupid they're practically running Trump's reelection campaign

Agree to disagree.
I think she has a better chance than that. We are talking about trump. He doesn't exercise or sleep and eats like crap and is old and has lots of stress in his life. He might die. He is also crazy. He might literally murder someone. Or, due to his craziness, just decide to run as an independent anyway. Literally anything can happen when trump is involved. Maybe it comes out that he is having sex with rudy guliani or something. His voters wouldn't like that. Anything and everything is on the table when it comes to trump. That makes the chance greater than it should be for someone else to get the nomination.

Last edited:
What’s stopping Trump from losing the primary but declaring himself the winner and taking a good chunk of the GOP with him?

This is why permitting his lying and coddling him with falsehoods has been so dangerous. Even if Haley barely beat him, what’s stopping him from claiming that the primary was rigged? And turning his worshippers onto the GOP? And then intimidating others into giving him the nomination? He could also run as an independent and **** Haley over.

Truly, the GOP should’ve dumped his ***. Especially if it meant knocking some sense into voters. Instead, they’ve coddled voters with lies for so long that they’re now held hostage by their own radicalized and stupid voters. They’ve fed them so much ****.
This all sounds fantastic to me. A best case scenario.

Agree to disagree.
I think she has a better chance than that. We are talking about trump. He doesn't exercise or sleep and eats like crap and is old and has lots of stress in his life. He might die. He is also crazy. He might literally murder someone. Or, due to his craziness, just decide to run as an independent anyway. Literally anything can happen when trump is involved. Maybe it comes out that he is having sex with rudy guliani or something. His voters wouldn't like that. Anything and everything is on the table when it comes to trump. That makes the chance greater than it should be for someone else to get the nomination.
Haha yeah.

Can’t all that stuff just be hidden from GOP primary voters with the alt reality that Republican media creates? Voters won’t know about the sex tape because Republican media won’t report it. And if voters don’t see it? They won’t know it even exists. Just like most Republican voters don’t know how Trump attempted to overthrow the government at the end of 2020 and beginning of 2021 or how Trump stole classified documents and lied about returning them.

i guess trump actually dying is a chance. Probably a better chance of Trump dying than Haley actually winning anything. So I guess if she racks up enough 2nd and 3rd place votes and Trump literally dies, she stays alive politically to take the GOP nomination.