What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

Not for a campaign ad, to get a dangerous criminal off the streets ASAP. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.
If your goal is to start a civil war then putting Trump behind bars in a way that skipped steps just might do it. There are a fair number of people who are a little (or a lot) too enamored with Trump and might do something stupid if they felt justice wasn't served.

If your goal is to start a civil war then putting Trump behind bars in a way that skipped steps just might do it. There are a fair number of people who are a little (or a lot) too enamored with Trump and might do something stupid if they felt justice wasn't served.

That's a **** around and find out situation for them. We really going to throw away the rule of law for a dude who paints his face orange?

A civil war against Trumptards would be hilarious.

bdde801b-8003-4a65-82ad-4d30cf8d8070-PGRE_Trump_Rally_crowd01.jpg

The rebellion of 70 year olds. Half of them have a heart attack before the battle begins, the other half didn't get enough insulin for a battle and go to the ER before any bullets fly. In the end the vanguard of Karens fall to a line of 17 year old fry cooks who aren't having any of their ****.

Isn’t it amazing how consistently Trump cultists, the loudmouth law breaking minority of this country, threaten the law abiding majority? If obese Trump sucking entitled folks like Al don’t get their way, they threaten the rest of us with violence. Everyone else must play by the rules, no matter how unfair or upsetting. But for them? They get to throw away any law, rule, or norm to get their way. That’s… not how this works. If Cult 45 wants another Jan 6, so be it. If you want to be the next Ashli Babbit or Stewart Rhodes or (soon to be) Donald Trump, go for it. That worked out so well for you guys. We are a nation of law and order. If you do the crime then expect the time.

A key part of living in a liberal democracy is abiding by the laws we have set up. Don’t like the laws? Win the majority over with your better ideas. But threatening us because your ideas and candidates suck, just isn’t gonna get it done couch warrior. You don’t threaten us. **** around find out. You may just find that a civil war isn’t very civil when the majority wakes up and is pissed.

Last edited:
That's a **** around and find out situation for them. We really going to throw away the rule of law for a dude who paints his face orange?
These folks are killing themselves, imprisoning themselves, and ruining their lives all for a guy who can’t stand the sight of them. No one has greater contempt for Trump’s cult than Trump himself. It’s a shame they don’t see it. In a very real way, they’ve just touch with real Americans because they only consume one type of media.

They don’t see that those who inflame their passions are merely exploiting them for profit. Flamethrowers like Bannon, Tucker, and Watters aren’t going to fight in any civil war. These guys would miss their millionaire lifestyles. Tucker likes living in a mansion and having chef made meals and Watters didn’t even have the courage to ask the intern he cheated with his wife on out. Yet, they’re comfortable with the rubes taking what they say seriously and going to prison.

It’s sad, I have some extended family members and friends from high school who have fallen for it. They’ve had so many people reach out to them. At some point, you’ve just gotta cut them off and let them lay in try bed they’ve made. They’ve let their never ending grievance and racism overtake their better halves. Like spoiled children, they need to learn that their actions have very real consequences.

Last edited:
Jack Smith and the democrats are so dirty.

The issue is supposed to go to an appeals court, then it could be elevated to the Supreme Court, but that process wouldn't happen in time to influence the election. No one will care if an appeals court rules one way or the other. It wouldn't even have enough traction to be the headline on the day it happens. Instead Jack Smith has gone straight to the Supreme Court. If the Supreme Court votes one way then it shows even the conservative Supreme Court is against Trump. If the Supreme Court votes the other way then it shows how corrupt the court is and this election will be about that. Jack Smith is skipping the appeals court who should be hearing the case to set up a campaign advertisement. This is pure weaponization for political gain.
The trial really should take place before the 2024 election. What he did, or did not do, should be part of the judgement people will be asked to make as to whether he should hold that office again. The man, so far as I know, is the first president to attempt to prevent a peaceful transfer of power to the individual that actually won the 2020 election. When deciding who should be president, in November, 2024, let’s just assume for argument that it’s Biden vs. Trump, people should have available the conclusion, one way or another, that Trump did, or did not, attempt to prevent a peaceful transition of power in 2020. If guilty, and it’s very difficult to conclude otherwise, why should that not be part of the facts used to weigh whether or not he should be president again? His attorneys want to wait until 2029, when, if elected, he will be an ex president once more. I wish he had faced charges earlier, and maybe I should be upset with AG Garland.

It’s the way things worked out, given how slow the wheels of Justice can turn, what with delay tactics, etc.

Donald Trump attempted to overturn the results of the 2020 election. And here’s the thing: nobody put a gun to Trump’s head, and said “run again in 2024”. No man is above the law. Do you even believe in that?! It is not the fault of the Justice Dept. that the man is running again. It is not their decision to say, “oh wait, he may have attempted to overthrow our government, but HIS needs must come first, the desires of his followers must come first.”. No, no, no!!! Donald Trump’s needs DO NOT come first. No man is above the law.

Last edited:
This is pure weaponization for political gain.
And Trump is running again, in part, to avoid jail time. What’s more important? Trump avoiding prison, or justice being served?

There was available, following the November, 2020 election, another approach, that Trump might have chosen to take, that could have avoided all of this. Donald Trump could have chosen to accept the results of the 2020 election, which showed that he lost both the popular vote and electoral vote.

Really, it was Trump’s choice to overthrow the election. He’s going to have to live with it, and live with the wheels of Justice. If we say, instead, what about the “rights” of his followers to see him on the ticket again, without convictions attached to him? Well, the overwhelming majority of those followers believe the 2020 election was stolen by Joe Biden, which is a Big Lie. I don’t believe belief in a lie should factor in at all, it’s a lie, and if his followers want to believe it, too bad, justice should come first….

Ya if trump is innocent should he love what Jack Smith is trying to do. Trump should be cheering him on.

Show everyone you're innocent before the election! Get a nice big boost!

If he is guilty then yes, he probably isn't in any rush to go to trial.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

The trial really should take place before the 2024 election. What he did, or did not do, should be part of the judgement people will be asked to make as to whether he should hold that office again.
What you are saying in literal terms is that you advocate for politically motivated prosecution. If it were about justice being served then the crime is the crime and the system of justice should work the same as it does for every American accused of a crime but you want this prosecution to be different so that it can influence the election.

I would very much like to see justice served and Trump prosecuted for crimes committed but it has to be by the book, completely transparent, and can’t have a whiff of being done for political outcome. It has to be about the crime. It can’t be about the upcoming election. Jack Smith has already said the upcoming election is a motivating factor in his prosecution of the case. That makes me really uneasy.

What’s more important? Trump avoiding prison, or justice being served?
I can’t answer that without the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. If the results of letting the wheels of justice turn at the rate they do for any other American accused of a crime is to see Trump lose the election before being found guilty, I don’t see that as so bad. If Trump loyalists see Jack Smith’s admission of politically motivated prosecution as the government being irredeemably corrupt thereby making violence the only way of having their voice heard, then that is juice not worth the squeeze. I think many are naïve or too blinded by their hate for Trump to understand that sectarian violence is a possible outcome.

I see Al doing a lot of crying for Trump because of politically motivated prosecution with an upcoming election.

Not seeing him shed any tears for Biden who the house is trying to impeach right before an election.

With one huge difference being that trump was indicted based of grand jury recommendations and the majority of the witnesses are republucans.

Meanwhile the impeachment is 100% partisan.

If you want to be the next Ashli Babbit or Stewart Rhodes or (soon to be) Donald Trump, go for it. That worked out so well for you guys.
Ashli Babbit and Stewart Rhodes were both unarmed on January 6. The next dissatisfaction event could look like a Ukraine-style FPV drone flying to someone’s house at 2AM with enough explosives to destroy the house and the entire family living inside. …And your sentiment is “go for it”?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rDo1QxI260

What you are saying in literal terms is that you advocate for politically motivated prosecution. If it were about justice being served then the crime is the crime and the system of justice should work the same as it does for every American accused of a crime but you want this prosecution to be different so that it can influence the election.

I would very much like to see justice served and Trump prosecuted for crimes committed but it has to be by the book, completely transparent, and can’t have a whiff of being done for political outcome. It has to be about the crime. It can’t be about the upcoming election. Jack Smith has already said the upcoming election is a motivating factor in his prosecution of the case. That makes me really uneasy.

I can’t answer that without the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. If the results of letting the wheels of justice turn at the rate they do for any other American accused of a crime is to see Trump lose the election before being found guilty, I don’t see that as so bad. If Trump loyalists see Jack Smith’s admission of politically motivated prosecution as the government being irredeemably corrupt thereby making violence the only way of having their voice heard, then that is juice not worth the squeeze. I think many are naïve or too blinded by their hate for Trump to understand that sectarian violence is a possible outcome.

Well duh, of course you want to have a ruling on whether your President is a seditious traitor before he gets in office.

Besides, this prosecution is not politically motivated anyways. We all saw how things transpired. He's guilty AF.

Ashli Babbit and Stewart Rhodes were both unarmed on January 6. The next dissatisfaction event could look like a Ukraine-style FPV drone flying to someone’s house at 2AM with enough explosives to destroy the house and the entire family living inside. …And your sentiment is “go for it”?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rDo1QxI260

Unarmed but leading a huge crowd of traitors in an attack on the Capitol. You're telling me those police didn't fear for their lives? Should they have just run away and let the crowd ransack our Captitol? Ashli Babbit deserved what she got. What a ****ing idiot. Don't do the crime if you can't handle the possible outcome.

Nope. Blame the Supreme Court, not my likes or dislikes.

“Since Congress first conferred such authority as part of its far broader expansion of certiorari jurisdiction in the Judiciary Act of 1925 (the so-called “Judges’ Bill”), the Supreme Court has used its power to grant “cert before judgment” sparingly. As the current version of the court’s Rule 11 emphasizes, cert before judgment will be granted “only upon a showing that the case is of such imperative public importance as to justify deviation from normal appellate practice and to require immediate determination in this Court.” The leading Supreme Court treatise, Supreme Court Practice, reinforces the rarity of such relief: “The public interest in a speedy determination must be exceptional … to warrant skipping the court of appeals in this fashion.” The most well-known examples prove the point — from the Nazi saboteurs’ case during World War II; to the Youngstown steel seizure case in 1952; to the Watergate tapes case in 1974; to the Iranian hostage dispute in 1981. In all of those cases, not only were the questions presented of the utmost importance, but time was of the essence, as well.”
——————————————————————————————

“Questions presented of the utmost importance”? Check. “Time was of the essence, as well”. Check.

Note the key point: “As the current version of the court’s Rule 11 emphasizes, cert before judgment will be granted “only upon a showing that the case is of such imperative public importance as to justify deviation from normal appellate practice and to require immediate determination in this Court.” The leading Supreme Court treatise, Supreme Court Practice, reinforces the rarity of such relief: “The public interest in a speedy determination must be exceptional … to warrant skipping the court of appeals in this fashion.” I’m thinking the Supreme Court saw this trial as meeting those criteria.

I believe this present case meets the criteria the Supreme Court is likely using in this case, and for pretty obvious reasons. If any trial in the history of this nation meets that criteria, surely it is this one. BTW, as far as influencing the election, so far the indictments don’t seem to have hurt Trump at all, and I really can’t say if the trial in Washington will hurt him or help him in the 2024 election.

Last edited:
Ya if trump is innocent should he love what Jack Smith is trying to do. Trump should be cheering him on.

Show everyone you're innocent before the election! Get a nice big boost!

If he is guilty then yes, he probably isn't in any rush to go to trial.

Exactly this