What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

Red

Since, to the best of my knowledge, this is the first time a sitting president attempted to prevent a peaceful transition of power, I do think, at the least, it is important for the historical record to get this straight. To document how this effort by Trump,all played out.

I mean, regardless if his attempt stood a chance of succeeding, if we are just going to say “it’s in the past, it did not succeed, we have more pressing problems that demand attention”, well, the latter is true, but the public’s confidence in the integrety of our elections(which the Big Lie seriously damages. It is a literal body blow to our body politic to instill that belief about our elections going forward) is critical to the functioning of our elections and our democracy.

Some have been fond of reminding us that “we are a republic”. Well fine, that does not mean we do not have representative democracy as well. But here is the thing: Jan. 6th, and Trump and his allies efforts to prevent a peaceful transition, if and when it ever succeeds is an effort to turn the United States into a BANANA REPUBLIC.

Preventing the peaceful transition of power is what happens in a BANANA REPUBLIC. I prefer that not happen! Silly me!

But, I’m also realistic. I do believe it will be tough to get the American public to care enough about what happened. Inflation, gas prices, a war in Europe, gun violence, all these most pressing issues may see to it that far fewer than hoped will pay attention to Thursday’s opening, and subsequent public sessions.

That would be a shame. A president of the United States attempted to go full banana republic. I want everything that happened to be part of the public record, and I want future historians to have this material. The fact that Trump failed in 2020 is simply no excuse to treat 1/6 and the plans behind that date as no big deal.

Honestly, I do believe people who see efforts to turn our country into a banana republic as “didn’t work, no biggie” don’t think very highly of their own country. I think “shame on them”, but I’m cognizant of human nature, I can forgive all the Trumpsters and weak on civics Americans, it’s tough to clearly see history while it’s in real time. I fear not enough people will care. What that portends for 2024 and beyond, well, this is all of an existential nature from my perspective. I wish my country and future generations of Americans the best. I hope these types of elections do not become the norm.

Last edited:

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
Since, to the best of my knowledge, this is the first time a sitting president attempted to prevent a peaceful transition of power, I do think, at the least, it is important for the historical record to get this straight. To document how this effort by Trump,all played out.

I mean, regardless if his attempt stood a chance of succeeding, if we are just going to say “it’s in the past, it did not succeed, we have more pressing problems that demand attention”, well, the latter is true, but the public’s confidence in the integrety of our elections(which the Big Lie seriously damages. It is a literal body blow to our body politic to instill that belief about our elections going forward) is critical to the functioning of our elections and our democracy.

Some have been fond of reminding us that “we are a republic”. Well fine, that does not mean we do not have representative democracy as well. But here is the thing: Jan. 6th, and Trump and his allies efforts to prevent a peaceful transition, if and when it ever succeeds is an effort to turn the United States into a BANANA REPUBLIC.

Preventing the peaceful transition of power is what happens in a BANANA REPUBLIC. I prefer that not happen! Silly me!

But, I’m also realistic. I do believe it will be tough to get the American public to care enough about what happened. Inflation, gas prices, a war in Europe, gun violence, all these most pressing issues may see to it that far fewer than hoped will pay attention to Thursday’s opening, and subsequent public sessions.

That would be a shame. A president of the United States attempted to go full banana republic. I want everything that happened to be part of the public record, and I want future historians to have this material. The fact that Trump failed in 2020 is simply no excuse to treat 1/6 and the plans behind that date as no big deal.

Honestly, I do believe people who see efforts to turn our country into a banana republic as “didn’t work, no biggie” don’t think very highly of their own country. I think “shame on them”, but I’m cognizant of human nature, I can forgive all the Trumpsters and weak on civics Americans, it’s tough to clearly see history while it’s in real time. I fear not enough people will care. What that portends for 2024 and beyond, well, this is all of an existential nature from my perspective. I wish my country and future generations of Americans the best. I hope these types of elections do not become the norm.
This.

Also...

Don't forget social media. The vast majority of people are more concerned about what their neighbor posted on Facebook or in watching the latest Twitter-storm, or spending hours bingeing netflix or youtube than dealing with anything as trivial in their lives as politics. Donald isn't dominating twitter anymore, so who cares? That is the sad truth of it.

Al-O-Meter

Don't forget social media. The vast majority of people are more concerned about what their neighbor posted on Facebook or in watching the latest Twitter-storm, or spending hours bingeing netflix or youtube than dealing with anything as trivial in their lives as politics.
Facebook, Netflix, Twitter, and YouTube offer up content that is new. Of course it is more compelling. Democrats are trying to create a 'best of' episode out of clips that everyone has already seen. You could rewatch a piece of a speech you've seen dozens of times made by the former president a year and a half ago or you could see what happened when a wild bear wandered into a yard and a husky thought he had a new friend. Does the bear maul the husky? Does the bear run away? Do they actually try to be friends? And holy crap did it cost a lot to fill the gas tank on my car!

You can complain about people wanting to see something new or complain about other people complaining over the democrat-created problems like inflation and gas prices that directly affect them, but that is human nature.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
So this happened: https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-supremacists-patriot-front-detained-230402258.html

Dozens of masked members of the white supremacist group Patriot Front were arrested late Saturday as they prepared to stage a riot near a Pride event in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, authorities say.

The group had traveled from all over the country to sow chaos during the LGBT event, White said. They came from states like Texas, Utah, South Dakota, Arkansas, Oregon, and Virginia. Law enforcement was quick to derail the group's plans, he said, thanks to “one concerned citizen.”

“We received a telephone call from a concerned citizen who reported that approximately 20 people jumped into a U-Haul wearing masks, they had shields, and ‘looked like a little army,’” he said.

Gameface

Stand With Ukraine
Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
So this happened: https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-supremacists-patriot-front-detained-230402258.html

Dozens of masked members of the white supremacist group Patriot Front were arrested late Saturday as they prepared to stage a riot near a Pride event in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, authorities say.

The group had traveled from all over the country to sow chaos during the LGBT event, White said. They came from states like Texas, Utah, South Dakota, Arkansas, Oregon, and Virginia. Law enforcement was quick to derail the group's plans, he said, thanks to “one concerned citizen.”

“We received a telephone call from a concerned citizen who reported that approximately 20 people jumped into a U-Haul wearing masks, they had shields, and ‘looked like a little army,’” he said.
I hope there is enough there to throw some serious charges at these ****ing scum low life pieces of ****.

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
I hope there is enough there to throw some serious charges at these ****ing scum low life pieces of ****.
One of the things i hated about the trump era was how he used the flag as his own personal prop. Rather than the flag representing the country he tried to make it represent trump. Dont like trump, then you dont like the flag or country. seems like some of these groups are kind of following in his footsteps trying to commandeer works like patriot as their own word. How can we be bad people if we are called patriots?

Al-O-Meter

63 replies and 2K likes? That's nice.

View: https://twitter.com/jakepaul/status/1535788374048575489

These hearings might as well be called the loser committee. They are targeting someone who already lost and are being conducted by backwards looking losers who have made this their centerpiece because obviously they have no answers for the huge mess they created. Jake Paul even missed a couple of bullet points with Defund the Police ostracizing anyone who didn't like being the victim of crime and engaging the DOJ in writing to call for bringing the full weight of the government against parents with school-aged children using provisions intended for terrorists.

If the January 6th committee hearings are the type of thing you like then please do enjoy them. As for the rest of America, including those who are registered Democrats:

View: https://twitter.com/jakepaul/status/1536371977471942656