What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

I dont think china will go to war with itself.
But you think it can go to war with itself? Do you think the USA should be providing parts of China with weapons so it can defend against other parts of China? Or do you think Taiwan is a sovereign nation like Ukraine.
I’m certain that China does not want to go to war with itself. I can pretty much guarantee they don’t want that. So why would they?
Folks here seem pretty dang hesitant to express a real opinion about war with China. It’s definitely something to think about as a possibility. Well it’d be a proxy war as well, we aren’t going to war with China.

Last edited:
I wonder how others here feel because I would suspect many politicians do not feel this way. It does embolden Putin and rewards him for invading if Ukraine were to be willing to negotiate peace.
I think you would be completely wrong.

OH BTW

Do you consider Ukraine an independent nation or part of Russia?

I think you would be completely wrong.

OH BTW

Do you consider Ukraine an independent nation or part of Russia?
I’ve expressed my views about the war in Ukraine already. I think Ukraine is an independent nation from Russia. A very corrupt and independent nation.

I’ve expressed my views about the war in Ukraine already. I think Ukraine is an independent nation from Russia. A very corrupt and independent nation.
It was like pulling teeth to get an answer to that question. It happened between us a few months ago and despite me asking 5 different times you never answered.

I have no idea what you support or not in a larger sense. You defend Trump and then like it was a trap when someone challenges your post you pop out the "I don't support Trump" statement without saying what your actual overall perspective is.

You clearly don't support the Democratic party and you don't support Trump. You've talked about U.S. militarism negatively. You've shown support for "progressive" economic policies like health care and tuition.

So instead of saying we can't have a real conversation why don't you be more real rather than telling people how dumb they are and how bad their views are. It's like you're trying to resist having your specific views critiqued by being vague.

It was like pulling teeth to get an answer to that question. It happened between us a few months ago and despite me asking 5 different times you never answered.

I have no idea what you support or not in a larger sense. You defend Trump and then like it was a trap when someone challenges your post you pop out the "I don't support Trump" statement without saying what your actual overall perspective is.

You clearly don't support the Democratic party and you don't support Trump. You've talked about U.S. militarism negatively. You've shown support for "progressive" economic policies like health care and tuition.

So instead of saying we can't have a real conversation why don't you be more real rather than telling people how dumb they are and how bad their views are. It's like you're trying to resist having your specific views critiqued by being vague.
I wasn’t defending trump I made my case about the problem with going after political opponents right away and it was even in bold font. You folks are starting to be dishonest again about really dumb stuff.

I feel like I already discussed quite a bit about Ukraine so I didn’t answer right away. I also figured it was pretty apparent what my perspective is. I’m still waiting for any real answer to the question I proposed about war with China. It’s like folks here are trying to resist having views critiqued or more likely on record by being vague.

I wasn’t defending trump I made my case about the problem with going after political opponents right away and it was even in bold font. You folks are starting to be dishonest again about really dumb stuff.

I feel like I already discussed quite a bit about Ukraine so I didn’t answer right away. I also figured it was pretty apparent what my perspective is. I’m still waiting for any real answer to the question I proposed about war with China. It’s like folks here are trying to resist having views critiqued or more likely on record by being vague.
Is the question if I support a war with China?

I'd prefer no war with China.

Is the question if I support a war with China?

I'd prefer no war with China.
The question is - would you support a proxy war with China if the US continues to ignore their own policy and the warnings of the Chinese government and conflict ensues between China and Taiwan?

The question is - would you support a proxy war with China if the US continues to ignore their own policy and the warnings of the Chinese government and conflict ensues between China and Taiwan?
Do you feel that the Russia/Ukraine war is a proxy war? If so, how do you explain that Russia invaded Ukraine? Generally, a proxy war is considered to be one in which the instigating party does not actually take part, at least, not technically. So, are you saying that the US/NATO instigated the war?

As for a hypothetical war between China dn Taiwan, that is super tricky, because everyone but China believes that Taiwan is a sovereign nation, but pretends like that don't think that to keep from China getting their panties in a twist. So, would the US be willing to pretend it is a civil war, (What you're trying to be cute and calling a "war with itself") or would they say it was an act of aggression between a larger nation and a smaller one? Damned if I know. I would honestly say that's above my pay grade, except that I'm not even in that pay scale.

The bigger question, of course, is "Can there be a just war?" My view is yes, but they're pretty few and far between in our modern world. The most common, perhaps only case for it, is when a nation is purely protecting itself. Ukraine, Jordan, going back to WWII. Those are the only ones I can think of in living memory that I would consider a just war. So what about the Civil War? Was the US just in defending itself from a breakaway group? Or the revolutionary war, was the soon-to-be US just to break away itself?

Last edited:
Do you feel that the Russia/Ukraine war is a proxy war? If so, how do you explain that Russia invaded Ukraine? Generally, a proxy war is considered to be one in which the instigating party does not actually take part, at least, not technically. So, are you saying that the US/NATO instigated the war?

As for a hypothetical war between China dn Taiwan, that is super tricky, because everyone but China believes that Taiwan is a sovereign nation, but pretends like that don't think that to keep from China getting their panties in a twist. So, would the US be willing to pretend it is a civil war, (What you're trying to be cute and calling a "war with itself") or would they say it was an act of aggression between a larger nation and a smaller one? Damned if I know. I would honestly say that's above my pay grade, except that I'm not even in that pay scale.

The bigger question, of course, is "Can there be a just war?" My view is yes, but they're pretty few and far between in our modern world. The most common, perhaps only case for it, is when a nation is purely protecting itself. Ukraine, Jordan, going back to WWII. Those are the only ones I can think of in living memory that I would consider a just war. So what about the Civil War? Was the US just in defending itself from a breakaway group? Or the revolutionary war, was the soon-to-be US just to break away itself?

Vietnamese wars of independence, republican side during the Spanish civil war, every war fought against British or colonial occupation, these would all be considered just wars in my opinion.

I wasn’t defending trump I made my case about the problem with going after political opponents right away

So you think the investigation into biden is wrong then i guess.

Yes I would say the US and NATO instigated the war between Russia and Ukraine. I’ve posted about this stuff already. I’m still trying to see if any of the “anti-war” folks here are inclined to take any sort of stance against a similar situation with China. Should the US be arming Chinas neighbors? We know how that has played out in Ukraine so far.

So if folks don’t want to answer hypotheticals maybe they can answer this question- that is currently highly relevant to politics now.
Should the US back off from arming Taiwan to avoid a proxy war (or potentially nuclear war) with China? Or the potential slaughter of Taiwanese? I think yes they should. Unfortunately though I think it is a situation that the US will continue to risk escalating no matter which side (republican or democrat) is in power and maybe that’s why people here are reluctant to say anything, I don’t know? I don’t know why everyone is so reluctant to have an opinion. It’s such a friendly place with nuanced political discussions here. So far my theory that folks need to remain vague and wishy washy until they know the official democrat talking points is holding up pretty good.

Do you condemn wars where larger nations carry out acts of aggressions towards smaller nations? So are you opposed to the US occupation in Syria? Or were you opposed to the war in Afghanistan?

Last edited:
LOL

Authoritarian regimes have the right to do anything they want. Poison dissidents living in other countries with radioactive tea, kill off entire communities of minorities, lie about Covid, **** with the ballot initiatives and elections of western democracies, and invade any countries they want and take their land.

Meanwhile, America is to blame for everything bad in the world. Especially for providing Ukraine with self defense.

Amazing

Last edited:
Yes I would say the US and NATO instigated the war between Russia and Ukraine. I’ve posted about this stuff already. I’m still trying to see if any of the “anti-war” folks here are inclined to take any sort of stance against a similar situation with China. Should the US be arming Chinas neighbors? We know how that has played out in Ukraine so far.

So if folks don’t want to answer hypotheticals maybe they can answer this question- that is currently highly relevant to politics now.
Should the US back off from arming Taiwan to avoid a proxy war (or potentially nuclear war) with China? Or the potential slaughter of Taiwanese? I think yes they should. Unfortunately though I think it is a situation that the US will continue to risk escalating no matter which side (republican or democrat) is in power and maybe that’s why people here are reluctant to say anything, I don’t know? I don’t know why everyone is so reluctant to have an opinion. It’s such a friendly place with nuanced political discussions here. So far my theory that folks need to remain vague and wishy washy until they know the official democrat talking points is holding up pretty good.

Do you condemn wars where larger nations carry out acts of aggressions towards smaller nations? So are you opposed to the US occupation in Syria? Or were you opposed to the war in Afghanistan?
Providing nations with the means to defend themselves is a provocation that justifies a larger power invade them? The U.S. and NATO provided Russia with a justified reason to invade Ukraine? Just gonna give that a hard disagree. I don't think we have anything to talk about, really. I mean if you could make your position make sense that would be fascinating but since you haven't done that yet leads me to believe that you cannot.

The U.S. has been a bad actor in international affairs MANY times. What the U.S. has never done post WWII is attempt to acquire territory through conquest. You seem to be giving a pass to Russia (and potentially China) while holding to U.S. to a completely different standard.

Again, I don't really have enough information about the Taiwan/China situation to say exactly. But, generally, no, I don't think the US should be sending them great amounts of armament - basic stuff is probably OK.

I was absolutely opposed to the war in Afghanistan, and Iraq (the 2nd time) as well. Syria, again, I haven't examined it much, but it doesn't seem to fit into my "just war" paradigm.

Last edited:
Providing nations with the means to defend themselves is a provocation that justifies a larger power invade them? The U.S. and NATO provided Russia with a justified reason to invade Ukraine? Just gonna give that a hard disagree. I don't think we have anything to talk about, really. I mean if you could make your position make sense that would be fascinating but since you haven't done that yet leads me to believe that you cannot.

The U.S. has been a bad actor in international affairs MANY times. What the U.S. has never done post WWII is attempt to acquire territory through conquest. You seem to be giving a pass to Russia (and potentially China) while holding to U.S. to a completely different standard.

Selling weapons is also fairly profitable....

Selling weapons is also fairly profitable....
giphy.gif

Again, I don't really have enough information about the Taiwan/China situation to say exactly. But, generally, no, I don't think the US should be sending them great amount of armament - basic stuff is probably OK.

I was absolutely opposed to the war in Afghanistan, and Iraq (the 2nd time) as well. Syria, again, I haven't examined it buch, but it doesn't seem to fit into my "just war" paradigm.

Taiwan's position as an assured American protectorate has everything to do with the importance or more importantly declining importance of the Taiwanese economy to the west. Taiwan's dominance (near monopoly) of semiconductor manufacturing is declining with this Taiwan is less important to the west. Taiwan's security position will be more linked to that than anything else.

There’s more of that nuanced political discussion found here where you lie and put words in my mouth. I never said Russia should have a pass. I don’t blame the US for all the problems in the world, but I do agree with you the US has been a bad actor in world affairs MANY times! I think policing the entire world it’s a tough situation to be in. I think it’s an incredibly tough gig and one I think the US should get the hell out of. Especially as it relates to places that according to our own policy we have no business being in.
I mean scale it down and look at all the problems the local police are blamed for and how often they are in no win situations. Im not saying we don’t need local police or that they aren’t serving an important role, because I think they are, but I do think we could scale it way back with the militarization of local police departments especially if those moneys and resources can be better utilized in more productive programs that benefit everyday Americans.

Last edited: