What's new

Donovan Mitchell: Steal of the Draft?

Mitchell is going to be fine. His speed translates, he can get where he wants on the court, he can make some reads and pass the ball, his shot looks good (though for some reason he's shooting long consistently). He'll figure it out. He needs to work on his floater game, and pick his spots to shoot jumpers. The shots will start falling.

Small sample size, but Rodney Hood in his last 2 games is averaging 21 pts on 14/28 shooting (50%), with 5/12 from 3-pt. (41.7%), 3 assists and 9/9 on FTs. He does look a little stronger and more confident this year (so far).

How much of Don's struggles are just the Jazz being the worst offensive team? It'd be different if he was assimilating into an established and efficient offense.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

This is an excellent point. The coach is looking at him to create in an offense that is constipated. Way too much for a rookie getting used to the speed.

Same boat as Exum in that he has the tools, he'll be fine. I'd be worried if he looked like he didn't belong physically

It's awful that a rookie who is wildly inefficient on offense takes the most shots (per 36) on a team that is constructed and coached with intelligent, advanced analytics in mind.

It's awful that a rookie who is wildly inefficient on offense takes the most shots (per 36) on a team that is constructed and coached with intelligent, advanced analytics in mind.

At least he can get shots. Ingles is a spot-up shooter and is shut down unless a defender sags way off of him. Rubio has been pretty erratic. Neto shouldn't really be on the floor. I have no idea what's going on with Burks.

At least he can get shots. Ingles is a spot-up shooter and is shut down unless a defender sags way off of him. Rubio has been pretty erratic. Neto shouldn't really be on the floor. I have no idea what's going on with Burks.

It's not about sagging off him its about not having the offensive talent around him to draw attention away from him.

Same can be said of Gobert.

I think it is safe to say a lot of us loved Rudy way more than Hayward. So for some there is no "rebound" really.
Yup. I was never a big hayward fan.
Maybe that's why I wasn't going crazy about mitchell as much as most were. (Though he was fun to watch in summer league. Summer league doe)

This is an excellent point. The coach is looking at him to create in an offense that is constipated. Way too much for a rookie getting used to the speed.

Same boat as Exum in that he has the tools, he'll be fine. I'd be worried if he looked like he didn't belong physically
Constipated? Not from hood or jingles perspective

A steal of the draft who shoots 16% from the floor. LMAO.

So FG% after 4 games is all you see? You do no see giant balls and confidence kid has? You know Kobe and Stockton were not shooting that great during their first year either. Look deeper my friend.