What's new

Donovan Mitchell: Steal of the Draft?

He looks rather raw on the floor, has a lot to learn. First two things he should learn is to play within the offensive flow and focus on making simple high percentage plays instead of forcing the issue.

In his first 4 games, he went against the good teams of the West, all are arguably top-10 NBA. And obviously he was not prepared for taking Hood's spot all of a sudden. So his numbers will only improve. I'm not worried about him, he has the physical and mental tools to be a remarkable NBA player, if not an NBA star. He is in the right hands, if he keeps learning and works hard he'll not disappoint.

Did you know there is no such thing as an alpha male? There isn't even such a thing as an alpha male wolf, which is where the whole alpha myth started. The person who originally proposed the concept of the alpha wolf found through additional study that there was no such thing and tried very hard to dispel the myth he started, but people just love the idea too much to let it go.

Anyway, I'm sure you like 95% or more of men think you're an alpha male and it's pretty important to your identity so you're gonna keep on believing in the alpha male myth.

That actually makes a ton of sense from an evolutionary perspective. I've been reading about this all morning and it's incredible how off the stereotype is.

Interesting side fact from a related community: Male lions are hated on because the females hunt and they take first bite of the kill. The reason they don't do the majority of hunting is that they are protecting the cubs from rival prides. They've also evolved to be less stealthy and more of a brute than the females.

Did you know there is no such thing as an alpha male? There isn't even such a thing as an alpha male wolf, which is where the whole alpha myth started. The person who originally proposed the concept of the alpha wolf found through additional study that there was no such thing and tried very hard to dispel the myth he started, but people just love the idea too much to let it go.

Anyway, I'm sure you like 95% or more of men think you're an alpha male and it's pretty important to your identity so you're gonna keep on believing in the alpha male myth.
^Beta

I look forward to him missing a shot then reading 20 post by Archie that says he looks slow and undersized.

I don't mind him missing a shot. I minded it when he started with the worst shooting slump in NBA history.
Oh, and 6'3" is considered and traditionally undersized for a sg in the NBA. It's basic knowledge, really.

Mitchell was the only exciting thing about tonight's game. His stats right now don't matter to me, he is a player.

Mitchell was the only exciting thing about tonight's game. His stats right now don't matter to me, he is a player.

Well, he's in the record books for worst shooting percentage 5 games into an NBA season. Different words come to mind than exciting, but to each their own.

Well, he's in the record books for worst shooting percentage 5 games into an NBA season. Different words come to mind than exciting, but to each their own.

See? He's already doing things no-one has ever done.

Kind of like having the highest scoring quarter of any rookie this season.