What's new

Donovan Mitchell's Dad?

Beantown

Anyone know the story behind him? The only tidbit is Boler talking with Locke about Mitchell's dad currently trying to repair the relationship. Whatever it is I feel like it's probably why Donovan is so protective of his mom and sister. Probably also adds why he is so mature/wise for his age.

Anyone know the story behind him? The only tidbit is Boler talking with Locke about Mitchell's dad currently trying to repair the relationship. Whatever it is I feel like it's probably why Donovan is so protective of his mom and sister. Probably also adds why he is so mature/wise for his age.

Geez I forgot he haven had a dad, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know the story there. I'm legitimately curious, but I always felt that it wasn't my place to know about private matters related to family unless they want it known.

wait what?

god's dont have fathers!

Son of Gawd, get it right!

Book of Spida 1:1-3

In the year 1996, the Basketball Gawds saw into the future where the Utah Jazz would suffer the betrayal of Lord Voldemort and saw the pending failure of the Stockton and Malone-led Jazz to break through against their current Son known as His Airness. To alleviate such suffering unto the masses of Jazz fans, the came down unto the blessed Mrs. Mitchell and gave their blessing and anointment to her yet unborn child. With her blessing, they gifted unto the wee one all the potential greatness an heir to the Son was entitled too. It was then prophesized that he would be the Savior, the Golden One...the Spida.

Really none of our business unless Donovan wants to talk about it. The love for his mom and sister is amazing. I think his relationship with his dad has been fine. He was obviously around, because Donovan was pretty involved in being around the Mets and whatnot. Don’t know, and it’s none of my business. Their relationship seems to be pretty good. His dad attended a couple regular season games and I think most playoffs games. This is the most I have ever really found on his dad. It’s a good interview if you want to give it a listen.

Last edited:
If I were a dead-beat dad and my son just came into millions I would try to mend the relationship too.

If I were a dead-beat dad and my son just came into millions I would try to mend the relationship too.
Don’t be an absolute dumbass. This was obviously not the case in any way, shape or form. Delete this garbage post.

I would not, because im not a *******. and that is a ******* move.

not saying donovan mitchells dad is bad. i litterally know nothing about it. and i dont care. i just saw it as an opportunity to make a joke about gods not having fathers

It’s weird that his dad is not present when his mom and sister are but it’s understandable. He works a lot I’m sure. There may be an issue there but I wouldn’t assume so.

I work a lot and my wife is highly involved in my kids schools and such. I show up to a few school events throughout the year but that’s it... couldn’t point out my kids teachers or tell you all of their names. Ocassionally I pick them up and can tell no one knows who I am... they could assume there are issues I guess... even though I’m home for most dinners, weekends, games, and plays. I’d be kinda pissed if people assumed there was an issue.

lmfao

The dude isnt a deadbeat dad.

He works and has a job and sent both his kids through 45,000 a year private schools for their entire lives.

This thread should be locked if people are going to say disrespectful/dumb-****.

Damn. Didn't know Donny was upper class. Thought he was an average dude growing up.

Damn. Didn't know Donny was upper class. Thought he was an average dude growing up.
I don't think they are that upper-class. His mom is a private school teacher and his dad works a management level job in MLB that is probably somewhere between 100k-200k (and this is in NYC). I'm sure they got a decent amount of financial aide, especially once he was old enough to compete in team sports.

@KqWIN posted this one on reddit the other day:

youtube.com/watch?v=YcXdxy0bj1k

about 58 minutes into the podcast Big Wos says he knows someone who works at City Field and he told him Mitchell's dad was a deadbeat and never was in his life much growing up.

Even more props to his mother raising such a good kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think they are that upper-class. His mom is a private school teacher and his dad works a management level job in MLB that is probably somewhere between 100k-200k (and this is in NYC). I'm sure they got a decent amount of financial aide, especially once he was old enough to compete in team sports.

upper middle class then. Does that sound better?

And if I was going take an educated street guess I would guess that maybe Donovan dad and mother don't have best relationship. They might of stayed together for kids same but probably some bad blood. His dad cheated on his mother or something. I seen situation like this up close. Again let them have their privacy now okay.