What's new

Donovan Mitchell's Dad?

Why do y'all want to know so bad? Worse then middle school girls. If he wanted people to know he would let everyone know. Give him his privacy on a family issue. Utah needs more thenn1 pro team so you stop acting like college fans.
I like the juxtaposition of the above quote with your following statement.
And if I was going take an educated street guess I would guess that maybe Donovan dad and mother don't have best relationship. They might of stayed together for kids same but probably some bad blood. His dad cheated on his mother or something. I seen situation like this up close. Again let them have their privacy now okay.

I like the juxtaposition of the above quote with your following statement.
Right? Contradictory as it comes. You say leave it be and then speculate he may have cheated on his mom. For real if DM ever talks about it, he wants people to know. If he doesn’t, and he doesn’t talk about his dad too much, while talking about his mom and sister a lot, and he does that for a reason. Let the kid have his privacy, stop speculating, and be interested in DM and the parts of his life he wants people to know about while leaving the their parts to his privacy.

Actually I was thinking about the water boy. But nice try. You know psychologists call that projection.

I think anyone who lives in our current world and claims to not have internalized racism is lying-- myself included.

It was mostly meant tongue-in-cheek log, but I hope you can appreciate that the deadbeat dad trope seems to carry in media with black fathers more than white ones. Something to be mindful of, and that's why the record-scratch is particularly brutal when u assume a black man's father to be deadbeat and it turns out he isn't.

Does it ever get tiring being you?

tbh i think my worldview of politicization and deindividualizing brings forth much more optimism about the world than a worldview that looks down on immigrants, looks down on poor people, doesn't hold the rich accountable, and doesn't give a **** about the environment.

tbh i think my worldview of politicization and deindividualizing brings forth much more optimism about the world than a worldview that looks down on immigrants, looks down on poor people, doesn't hold the rich accountable, and doesn't give a **** about the environment.
Good for you, but we're not talking about that.

What part of what log said was internalized racism?

Does it ever get tiring being you?

In can be understood as a reference to the stereotype about black fathers being absent from their kids' lives.

who looks down on imigrants. nobody looks down on imigrants

I think anyone who lives in our current world and claims to not have internalized racism is lying-- myself included.

It was mostly meant tongue-in-cheek log, but I hope you can appreciate that the deadbeat dad trope seems to carry in media with black fathers more than white ones. Something to be mindful of, and that's why the record-scratch is particularly brutal when u assume a black man's father to be deadbeat and it turns out he isn't.

Its sounds like to me that its more internalized in you. You are the one thinking it.

If the conversation is about a son and father having a bad relationship, and one assumes its because he is a dead beat dad, its a fair assumption to be made if we are just grading the assumption. It can have nothing to do with color of skin whatsoever.

If I were a dead-beat dad and my son just came into millions I would try to mend the relationship too.
This is such an uninformed and disrespectful thing to say. You know absolutely nothing about the situation, so you decide to slander someone. Does that make you feel good?

More proof that people see mainly what they are looking for, you included.