What's new

Donovan Mitchell's Dad?

In can be understood as a reference to the stereotype about black fathers being absent from their kids' lives.
I think Log's comment was simply a joke that stereotypes "deadbeat" dads. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think of skin color when I think about deadbeat dads or dads suddenly trying to have contact with their kids once they become successful. Being a deadbeat dad isn't exclusive to one's race or am I missing something?

I think Log's comment was simply a joke that stereotypes "deadbeat" dads. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think of skin color when I think about deadbeat dads or dads suddenly trying to have contact with their kids once they become successful. Being a deadbeat dad isn't exclusive to one's race or am I missing something?
This is correct.

I apologize if I offended anyone. I was poking at the stereotype that "deadbeat" dads tend to come out of the woodwork when their children suddenly become successful. I mean no disrespect to Donovan if his situation is different, which I hope it is.

No idea why dal brought race into it, but I find that offensive. And it is telling that his mind immediately went to black deadbeat dads, and he projected that onto me, as he does so often to many posters on this board. Please get some help dal so you can interact with real people in real terms.

I'm not saying Log meant it that way. I'm saying it can be understood that way since that stereotype about black fathers exist. And it is often brought up by racists to attack black people.

I don't think they are that upper-class. His mom is a private school teacher and his dad works a management level job in MLB that is probably somewhere between 100k-200k (and this is in NYC). I'm sure they got a decent amount of financial aide, especially once he was old enough to compete in team sports.

Seems right. Also, many top athletes get full scholarships to prep schools. I coached two girls who were rock star 8th grade basketball players who were recruited by a nearby prep and offered full scholarships.

I agree with letting private life alone. I know idiots slammed Grayson based on assumptions of his "privilege," (Duke stereotype) but looking at his video with his parent's home, we grew up in what looks like a middle-class neighborhood.

I'm not saying Log meant it that way. I'm saying it can be understood that way since that stereotype about black fathers exist. And it is often brought up by racists to attack black people.

I get that there are stereotypes about black fathers and how racists have brought it up to attack black people.

I don't get why Dal said what he said to Log's post though. Log was talking about deadbeat dads and Dal immediately associated the word "deadbeat" with black people and projected Log was a racists.

I don't know, man. I'm all for fighting against social injustices and racism and all, but when it's invented, assumed, profiled, and brought out of no where for the sake of "I have a degree so I know" I kinda have to distance myself from that.

I get that there are stereotypes about black fathers and how racists have brought it up to attack black people.

I don't get why Dal said what he said to Log's post though. Log was talking about deadbeat dads and Dal immediately associated the word "deadbeat" with black people and projected Log was a racists.

I don't know, man. I'm all for fighting against social injustices and racism and all, but when it's invented, assumed, profiled, and brought out of no where for the sake of "I have a degree so I know" I kinda have to distance myself from that.

So there's a story about a black man and his dad, and someone makes a comment, without information, about dead beat dads. When I read it, it occurred to me that it can be seen as racist. Had it been Dutch who said it, I'd be 100% sure he's being racist.

So there's a story about a black man and his dad, and someone makes a comment, without information, about dead beat dads. When I read it, it occurred to me that it can be seen as racist. Had it been Dutch who said it, I'd be 100% sure he's being racist.

Dude, Log said what he'd do if he were a deadbeat dad and his son started making millions.

It was not at all racist, even if Dutch posted it. Calling people racists without actual evidence of them being racist counterproductive and wrong imo. You can't just say something is racist because you correlated, translated and interpreted it that way.

Dal said he was being tongue-in-cheek, you can get your panties out of that bunch.

hahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahha
hahahahahahahahahahahha

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

fake news.

he wa stlaking about ms13. and calling MS13 is an offensive to animalkind everywhere.

ms13 litterally will rape a 12 year old and chop her head off. but ooh wait hollywood is half way there.

EDIT: if you look at the total clip or video of it. the moment before trump started tlaking someone(i think a sherrif) asked a question about MS13. not about legal illegal docuemnted or undocumented imigratnts. so trump answered a question about ms13 and if you know language his answer was/is related to MS13. if you disagree with trump calling them animals its ok. wanna argue about ms13 status as animals or not. thats a diferent story. maybe we will have to continue this in 6 months

Last edited:
and you would see me in 6 months

I agree with letting private life alone. I know idiots slammed Grayson based on assumptions of his "privilege," (Duke stereotype) but looking at his video with his parent's home, we grew up in what looks like a middle-class neighborhood.
but people litterally called having 2 parents priviliged. so shouldnt you responsible with sex then. maybe it is better to wait till marriage after all!

but yeah, i will give my kids the privilege of having 2 dads. just kidding my kids will have the privilige of having a father and a mother

maybe because of stats. you cant deny stats

Dal said he was being tongue-in-cheek, you can get your panties out of that bunch.

1.) Go back and read what he wrote. lol. What's next, he was trolling the trolls?
2.) Having a discussion about it translates into me having my panties in a bunch? Ok, guy, you got me. Good one.
3.) When that internalized sexism hits. You know, because you made a comment about me wearing panties to make me feel less masculine while marginalizing women.

hehepeepeecaca

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

It's a lot more complex than what statistics show imo.
so you are saying the stat about black kids having a higher percentage of single households is a lie? ok did not know that.

now i know and knowing is half the battle

I took it as the stereo type that dads show up for their kids when their kids become successful and it’s suddenly convenient for them to come back into their kids lives.
I didn’t even consider race or skin color when I read the post.