What's new

Dragan Bender on Waivers

Is this accurate? I know he could play the 4 or 5 but his switchability is good? I’ve admittedly never seen him play but he looks big and like he’d semi-lumber and not be that quick.
Semi lumber isn't what I think of when I see him.

3ov2x4.jpg

I think more along the lines of twig branch.

3ov35w.jpg

I don’t think Budenholzer leaves any tasty crumbs.

Well in this case I think it's more about having that slot already filled with Brook and Robin Lopez. Bender did play three games as the Bucks backup center to Brook (all blowout wins) until R. Lopez returned from injury.

Last edited:
Bucks have a young center with their GLeague team Brandon McCoy who was a McDonald's All American, went to UNLV for a year and then went undrafted. He has as much potential as Bender.

Bucks have a young center with their GLeague team Brandon McCoy who was a McDonald's All American, went to UNLV for a year and then went undrafted. He has as much potential as Bender.
Right? Which is another indication that the kid is not being cut for performance or for conduct.

Right? Which is another indication that the kid is not being cut for performance or for conduct.
Okay maybe, But if you are a contender and you are afraid a guy will help another contender, you don't cut him. They must not think he's very good or they'd be really reluctant to cut him.

I've read a couple of articles and a decent argument on Reddit that this kid needs to develop in a winning atmosphere and it could really bring out his potential. Might be worth the flyer. Probably all the potential of any of our other young projects, but with much higher possible upside

If Morgan keeps getting chances at the Jazz, maybe the Stars could do it with a project replacement

I've read a couple of articles and a decent argument on Reddit that this kid needs to develop in a winning atmosphere and it could really bring out his potential. Might be worth the flyer. Probably all the potential of any of our other young projects, but with much higher possible upside

Yeah. As I've said before, Bender is the Dante Exum of PF/C types (without the injury history, but also without Exum's history of spot usefulness during playoff-level basketball). I don't mind taking on someone like this, just as long as we're aware that we're likely to get Exum-type productivity in the near-term.

Yeah. As I've said before, Bender is the Dante Exum of PF/C types (without the injury history, but also without Exum's history of spot usefulness during playoff-level basketball). I don't mind taking on someone like this, just as long as we're aware that we're likely to get Exum-type productivity in the near-term.
If you’re saying we can get an Exum-level project without burning a top-5 pick, without wasting half a decade trying to develop him, without wasting dozens of millions of dollars just to see if he’s good, and he can actually play games, then sign me up.

Last edited:
If you’re saying we can get an Exum-level project without burning a top-5 pick, without wasting half a decade trying to develop him, without wasting dozens of millions of dollars just to see if he’s good, and he can actually play games, then sign me up.

Yeah, financially, it's not a bad gamble. Not sure I'd be as optimistic about the time-line for his development (unless you're only talking about give it a couple of months and then discard him if he's still not showing signs of readiness). I think any positive result from a Bender experiment is likely only to emerge (if at all) over the relatively long term. And I wouldn't be optimistic that Quin would actually use him in games this year.

But given that, I wouldn't be opposed to the gamble.

Exum netted Clarkson, so it’s time to let the air out.

Who ever it was that said Thon Maker, he's not on MIL anymore. He asked to be traded him last season and I believe he went to DET but he was someone I was curious about as a backup 5.

The Stars could prolly put Bender in Williams slot (the French guy HOU signed away from the Stars) heck if HOU wasn't completely bought into small ball he seems like a guy they'd sign.

He should sign with the Stars. Someone needs to fill the William Howard role.