What's new

Dunn deal is done

Tried to find some film on him playing in the G-League. Wasn't easy to find much, so take what I say with a huge grain of salt. My impressions:
  • Time and injuries have probably taken something away from his defense. Still has quick hands and likely still is a plus defender, but I no longer saw one of the world's best point-of-attack defenders in what little I was able to see.
  • I didn't see as much ball-pounding offensively as I was worried about. Impressed by his hit-ahead passes in transition, as well as ball-moving in half-court, for the most part.
  • Still pretty much unlikely to be much of a threat off the dribble

I saw an interview with a GLeague coach that was very complimentary of KD. He said he worked on things at the GLeague level to get himself back to the Association and that there is a lot more to basketball than scoring.

Dunn is still a good defender, but has always been streaky offensively. His best stint in my opinion was playing for Hoiberg in Chicago. Once Hoiberg was gone it went downhill.

Having two MCL tears fairly close together was a big blow for him. Being mismanaged by Boylen didn't help, nor did getting picked too high in the draft which put more pressure on him. I actually think he could still be decent, but his health is a huge question mark.

Was pleasantly surprised with Dunn tonight I thought he played very well all things considered that steal he had I felt flipped the momentum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunn was ok. About what I was expecting for... I want to see his outside shots go in bc that would make him a massive bench piece. His shot mechanics looks better than few seasons ago so who knows he gets there...

Dunn looked like he could bring what NAW contributed for a lower price tag. I was pleasantly surprised.

Plus, give anyone a month with Hardy and good things happen. I support a season long contract on favorable terms. It may not help the tank though...

OK, scratch Dunn. Sign me. I can help the tank!!!

Can we sign him for like 3 years with a team option on the last year for a really really cheap deal?

KD had a nice game. I would bet if the Jazz offered a minimum contract he would take it after riding the busses and staying in Super Eights in the GLeague.

Reminder to all of the pro tankers Kris’s Dunn was the 5th overall pick and is now currently a g league player on a 10 day contract while having a higher draft pick gives you better odds to get better player nothing is guaranteed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think anyone has ever said anything is guaranteed. That would be a very stupid thing for a jazz fan to guarantee since we drafted exum at #5 (even worse than dunn) and kanter at #3 (also maybe worse than dunn).

I think literally everyone understands that busts happen. A lot.

If you can give me a guaranteed strategy to a champioship then that is the strategy I will choose to go with. I do know that what the jazz have been doing since their existence hasnt resulted in a championship

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

DedEx was the fifth pick. Stanley Johnson was the 8th pick and Anthony Bennett was once the first pick. Nothing is guaranteed.

and kanter at #3 (also maybe worse than dunn).
Kanter was a douchebag that hurt him a bit.
I do know that what the jazz have been doing since their existence hasnt resulted in a championship
The definition of insanity right there. Doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again with the same bad results. It’s time for a new strategy. Tanking looks good real good right now. Especially in a year that could be an all time draft.

Well said fish

Kanter was a douchebag that hurt him a bit.

The definition of insanity right there. Doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again with the same bad results. It’s time for a new strategy. Tanking looks good real good right now. Especially in a year that could be an all time draft.

Well said fish
I'm positive that's not the definition of insanity.