What's new

El Paso Shooting

This piece of **** is everything this country was designed to never give power to. Holy **** have we failed.

Or is what the Founders feared and for which they created checks and balances. What they did not anticipate, however, that one of the primary political parties would forsake its role to act as a counterweight to an Executive who is thoroughly corrupt and incompetent, actively works to weaken democratic institutions, violates one democratic norm after another, and engages in high crimes and misdemeanors.

Or is what the Founders feared and for which they created checks and balances. What they did not anticipate, however, that one of the primary political parties would forsake its role to act as a counterweight to an Executive who is thoroughly corrupt and incompetent, actively works to weaken democratic institutions, violates one democratic norm after another, and engages in high crimes and misdemeanors.
This guy gets it.

Do you think Trump is a white supremacist or supporter of white supremacists ideology?

I think he's definitely racist (doesn't think he is) but I don't think he's a supporter of white supremacists. I mean, I don't know the guy so I may be naive, but I really do think he condemns white supremacists.
He equivocates actively opposing racist violence as being the same as racist violence. He has referred to white supremacists as “fine people”, unapologetically.

One of the first times he had serious media coverage was when he was busted performing housing discrimination against blacks.

He published a full page add to advocate the death penalty for some young black men accused of murder. When they were exonerated, he refused to recant or reneg.

He was the face of a movement that suggested that because Obama is black (and has a ‘funny’ name, presumably), he must not have been born in this country and thus not fit for office, which was, is, and forever will be categorically untrue. This was one of the loudest dog-whistles for David Duke and others that Trump was the public figure they had been waiting for.

And, oh yeah, IN THE SPEECH THAT HE DECLARED HIS CANDIDACY FOR PRESIDENT, he called (the vast majority of) Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals. Later referring to immigrants of color as “animals” that are invading our country. It is also important to note that he has been at least twice been married to white immigrants, and has openly wished that Europeans would migrate here.

To name a few off the top of my head.

Last edited:
You can tell he doesn’t write it when it contains more than a few words that aren’t monosyllabic. I’m not even clowning on the guy, that’s how he writes and talks.

Right. It's a good bet he's never used the words ravages or devours in his life.

He would have said something like, "Hate is bad. Hatred is a GREAT risk to our country, along with immigration. It can't go on, we have no choice. I think a lot of people agree with me. I will stop it. You can't know what we are doing on this so this doesn't happen."

Last edited:
He equivocates actively opposing racist violence as being the same as racist violence. He has referred to white supremacists as “fine people”, unapologetically.

One of the first times he had serious media coverage was when he was busted performing housing discrimination against blacks.

He published a full page add to advocate the death penalty for some young black men accused of murder. When they were exonerated, he refused to recant or reneg.

He was the face of a movement that suggested that because Obama is black (and has a ‘funny’ name, presumably), he must not have been born in this country and thus not fit for office, which was, is, and forever will be categorically untrue. This was one of the loudest dog-whistles for David Duke and others that Trump was the public figure they had been waiting for.

And, oh yeah, IN THE SPEECH THAT HE DECLARED HIS CANDIDACY FOR PRESIDENT, he called (the vast majority of) Mexican immigrants rapists and criminals. Later referring to immigrants of color as “animals” that are invading our country. It is also important to note that he has been at least twice been married to white immigrants, and has openly wished that Europeans would migrate here.

To name a few off the top of my head.

I actually want to thank you for taking the time to inform me rather than just being an angry dick. Props, dude.

I think my idea of a white supremacist was some redneck with a pickup truck and rebel flag who is openly a racist. While trump may not be to that degree, he's certainly a racist and I understand the white supremacists comments more.

You can tell he doesn’t write it when it contains more than a few words that aren’t monosyllabic. I’m not even clowning on the guy, that’s how he writes and talks.

Oh absolutely. That sounds nothing like him. Nothing.

It should end “-speech writer”

It's unnerving how bad of a spray tan line it is.

That's funny considering...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ng-obama-era-gun-checks-people-mental-n727221
The relevant bit:
Both the House and Senate last week passed the new bill, H.J. Res 40, revoking the Obama-era regulation.

The National Rifle Association “applauded” Trump’s action. Chris Cox, NRA-ILA executive director, said the move “marks a new era for law-abiding gun owners, as we now have a president who respects and supports our arms.”

As Thriller would say- Tell me again why we shouldn't vote every republican out of federal office.

For whatever it may be worth.

View attachment 7954

He said the same in his address this morning, and when he delivers the teleprompter speeches, its in an almost emotionless monotone. I seldom dectect any "from the heart" investment. Of course, I don't expect it. He's more in his element at times like this rally, where he laughed off a "shoot them" shoutout from the crowd. He's best understood in this element, and the problem is always that there are people who follow such leaders. I guess its an ever present danger in a democratic society that these things are possible.

This is what he needs to stop. But he's endorsed racial divisiveness as a political strategy for his survival in 2020. Says a lot about how he really feels about America when he's willing to be the man we see at his rallies.

So do we blame Elizabeth Warren(my vote right now), and demand every Democrat to renounce Antifa?

I say no but that seems to be the childish consensus going around.

I do think some of the rhetoric from the left is also out of control. No, they aren’t the president. I don’t like trump, he’s a piece of **** human.

I primarily blame the gunmen, the ones that pulled the triggers. I’m not saying that we don’t need to change things, new laws and policies or any of that. I’m just saying they are to blame far more than anyone else.

It's fake news, so are all the shootings. Just a leftist conspiracy.

Have you seen someone walking around with an automatic weapon. I bet your *** you haven’t.

The weapons used in these shootings are not automatic weapons.