What's new

Election Prediction Thread

How Will The Election Go?

• Red Rampage (Reps Make big gains)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i drropped dueces that ar ebigger than this bluewave.

this bluewave is nothing but a BLUE SHART!

for comparison

take the last redwave in a presidential first term. obama lost 63 house seats and 6 senate seats!

now THAT IS A REDWAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this bluewave cost -34 house seats and +5 senate seats lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember when Thriller childishly paraded around here that the Blue was kicking ***, people’s voices were being heard, and so forth over the last handful of months. Lmao.

My stock in Ruger is down this morning after popping yesterday, tells me Dems didn't live up to expectations!

Beto dropping F-bomb on live tv during his concession brings us down. Children should not be exposed to such crass language in any scenario, IMO, but it's especially egregious when on TV in front of millions. It doesn't make him more relatable, it adds to the rancor.

I was afraid the dems will fail to capture the house, encouraging the Trumpists to double down on their ''brown people will rape our women" strategy.

Beto dropping F-bomb on live tv during his concession brings us down. Children should not be exposed to such crass language in any scenario, IMO, but it's especially egregious when on TV in front of millions. It doesn't make him more relatable, it adds to the rancor.

That was silly - I'm sure he has bigger aspirations than losing to Ted Cruz in a senatorial election. And that will be attack ad #1.

Then again he was in a punk rock band - might as well own it.

That was silly - I'm sure he has bigger aspirations than losing to Ted Cruz in a senatorial election. And that will be attack ad #1.

Then again he was in a punk rock band - might as well own it.

Yup, I think it was calculated to show he's still a badass. Not sure it matters anymore politically, Trump has broken down every barrier of decency.

I was afraid the dems will fail to capture the house, encouraging the Trumpists to double down on their ''brown people will rape our women" strategy.

I'm interested to see his tax returns.

More evidence of the divide most manifested by this:

Real estate not popularity is what’s keeping republicans in business at the senate level.

Democrats just had a math problem in the senate this year, way too many seats to defend in too many vulnerable places.

In 2020 the republicans will have an even bigger math problem - they have to defend 22 seats.

Senate will be be blue in 2 years.

In 2012 Ted Cruz won by 16 percent and over 1 million votes.

In 2018 he’s winning by 2 percent and 200,000 votes.

I know that Beto losing feels bad. But the ground he made up tells me he ran an incredibly successful campaign and things are changing in Texas. I also didn’t think his F-bomb helped anything. But whatever, guess he was caught up in the moment.

Also, it’s disappointing to see pieces of racist **** win in Florida and Georgia. But one needs to remember that both these states are racist strongholds. The mere fact that the African American candidates were so competitive speaks volumes as to the progress that’s been made.

It ranks very low in terms of offensive things politicians have said over the past two years. All 10 kids that waited up to see Beto speak will be fine.

Huge win for Trump and the red last night.
Yeah, not really. A mixed bag at best. He didn't gain any advantage and now will have to contend with Democratic control of the house which will stymie the GOPs legislative agenda and open up the Trump administration to oversight for the first time.

RBG has to make it two more years though, if Trump gets another SCOTUS pick things could get ugly.

Democrats just had a math problem in the senate this year, way too many seats to defend in too many vulnerable places.

In 2020 the republicans will have an even bigger math problem - they have to defend 22 seats.

Yeah, not really. A mixed bag at best. He didn't gain any advantage and now will have to contend with Democratic control of the house which will stymie the GOPs legislative agenda and open up the Trump administration to oversight for the first time.

RBG has to make it two more years though, if Trump gets another SCOTUS pick things could get ugly.

Really. Trump’s here for six more years.

Absolutely. This senate cycle always swings right. Democrats not losing more is a win.

My issue is with the cultural and social divide we are seeing between rural uneducated whites vs the rest of the country. I get that they feel left behind. I understand their resentment. But it’s they who are disconnected from the country. They’re the ones “forgetting” the rest of us. I don’t think yelling stupid chants and mocking immigrants is going to help them economically.

I just struggle with strategies on how to reintegrate these people into 21st century American society.

Really. Trump’s here for six more years.

Not if you’ve been paying attention to political trends. He needs states like Virginia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan to win him the electoral college. All these states have seen a flood of democratic congress people elected and governorships.

All indicators show that he’s lost support in those states. He barely won them as it is. So I’m not sure if your post makes any sense.

How can anyone call last night a win for trump?

He lost control of the House and had a net loss of governorships.

He already had control of The senate. Him improving on that doesn’t change anything as they could and did ramrod through anything they wanted with the exception of repealing Obamacare. That dream is now gone now that we have regained the house.

Are people looking at evidence or just recycling their cynical and poorly informed opinions?

How can anyone call last night a win for trump?

He lost control of the House and had a net loss of governorships.

He already had control of The senate. Him improving on that doesn’t change anything as they could and did ramrod through anything they wanted with the exception of repealing Obamacare. That dream is now gone now that we have regained the house.

Are people looking at evidence or just recycling their cynical and poorly informed opinions?
Apparently so. I think the Democrats losing the high profile contests in Florida Texas and Georgia has fed into the narrative that the Democrats had a bad night, in spite of their victories everywhere else.

As for 2020 Trump should probably be worried. He had a very narrow path to the Presidency in 2018 which included the midwest as well as white affluent suburbs. The GOP lost those areas yesterday in resounding fashion.