What's new

Elijah Millsap: Lindsey in exit interview: “if u say one more word, I’ll cut your Black *** and send you back to Louisiana”.

NO **** YOU.

Its people like him and people like you telling three year olds that it's okay to have a sex change.

SICKO ****
Where's the three year old who got a sex change? You think this is a thing that happens? Show one real world example.

You're fighting windmills, and even then you're losing.

My main views:
1. What does Elijah have to gain from this? Absolutely nothing.

2. If he wanted to makeup a fake he said/she said story, couldn't he have thought of something much more damaging?

3. We know that DL has a fiery streak. Things can be said in the heat of the moment and exit interviews can get heated as they are very "real" moments.

4. Is what DL said that egregious? No, but if he's denying it then it just makes it look worse. Will we ever truly know if Quin doesn't speak up? No. Hell Quin might legitimately not remember. From the responses in this thread, you can tell white people don't consider that bad to the point that I don't think it would register to many.

At the end of the day you should probably just go ahead and fire DL immediately. He can be replaced and Utah already had shakey race relations. This could do a ton of damage to the org if the story stays in the media.

Best thing would be to own up and apologize. I think most players/people would accept that.

Quin would remember DL saying that.

honestly yall, whats more likely?

A guy is bitter about being in the NBA when he obviously had very little business doing so and I'm sure he is at least partially aware of this. If this was the case, why didnt he drop it on the Suns GM, who he only got to play two games for?

or

Someone in power abused their power and out of anger mistakenly used race power dynamics to intimidate a subordinate?

I'm in no way calling DL a racist, but racism isnt black/white (no pun intended). There are layers and we all must work to better understand these things. The ignorance shown in this thread is astounding.

Why did Michael Bennett do what he did? Guys make up stupid **** every day.

Thanks for the additional quote.

We must remember that DL also has some power over Quin, they have a strong working relationship, and is the person who ultimately hired Quin. Similar power dynamics are also at play. I hope Quin wouldnt lie, but I also think the comment is one that anyone could make. I think I could possibly say that if I were in DL's shoes out of anger.

Also, we must remember that Quin supports republican party bigots through donations, like Burgess Owens (who has very strong takes on BLM and NBA players protesting). He was also fired from his first HC'ing job for sleeping with a player's girlfriend in a utility closet (allegedly). Quin isnt a saint.

lol at you bringing up Quin’s coke parties from like 25 years ago when he was by all accounts a completely different person.

) <a href="">

He wouldnt answer the question, says all we need to know.

That has nothing to do with what you said. It was 90% a speech by Rand Paul.

Post the FULL CONTEXT of her saying that 3 year olds should have sex change surgery. That's what you said she said. So show that or admit that you were dishonest in your representation of her.

And she is not the nominee for Mental Health Secretary. She is the nominee for Assistant Health and Human Services Secretary.

You're not very good at being accurate or honest.

Danny Ferry would have never been caught if it didnt get recorded. It's not a logical argument "If he hasnt been caught by now, then is it really him?"

Really very different scenarios. Ferry wasn’t talking directly to players like Lindsey is accused of. You can do better.

I like that story and you definitely handled it correctly.

Now imagine the same thing, but instead of the student contacting you, the first you hear of it is in a surprise meeting with your faculty HR, and instead of a current student it is with a student you hadn't seen in 5 years. That really puts you in a difficult and unfair spot.

I do agree that the student might have some legit points. But they have stacked the deck of discussion to where there might not be able to be a successful resolution.

The way these things are handled is pretty important, and the first option should probably not be Twitter or a Jazz message board.
My reaction doesn't change much, frankly. Even if I can't help that student, I can still try to be better for my current students.

Is it possible that Dennis said "fat" *** instead and it was heard as "black" ***? Both are mean and spiteful. But one of these is explosive.