What's new

Elijah Millsap: Lindsey in exit interview: “if u say one more word, I’ll cut your Black *** and send you back to Louisiana”.

Because we’d recall an unexpected, fairly racist and uncomfortable remark committed in the workplace against a black athlete, again, in a time when people are and were so ****ing “woke.”
I don't know who this "we" is, but I'd bet (given the actual comment Millsap reported) at least half the people I went to school with wouldn't notice, especially if emotions were elevated for other reasons.

A twelve y/o doesnt have the mental capability to decide, or do you disagree with that statement? So you think the government should allow kids to make life changing decisions, is that your stance?
Please start a distinct thread in General Discussion for this.

I have no idea who should allow 12 year olds to make life changing decisions. I have also met 12 year olds with differing mental capacities. Who do you think should allow them to? I definitely dont think the government should decide what a 12 year old does or doesn't do. Im glad that the government doesn't do that. Are you glad? Or do you think the government should decide that the 12 year old cant make decisions that change their own life. What other parts of kids lives do you think the government should have control of?
Also goes for you: please put further responses in their own thread in GD. This one has enough controversy for any two threads already.

Who's taking notes
Not going to be Elijah, DL, or Quin
That leaves the mysterious third Jazz official
Will we ever know who that is?

Seriously fishy. It's like they should have known this was coming 6 years ago and prepared for it then.
I don’t think so. It’s for basketball reasons. And if DL said this, I could guarantee JZ isn’t writing down “DL says he’s going to send his black *** back to Louisiana.” The minutes of the meeting would not be a good test as to whether or not he said this, only indirectly if they can compare the minutes to each person’s recollection of what transpired. In that case, EM would likely recall more details about the meeting than the other three, as he only had one meeting and the other guys had 13+.

Hell, may as well pull up locker room clean out interviews as those are typically held right after exit interviews.

It just leaves the door open for bias note taking. If you are doing verbatim notes, why not just do full audio?

I don't disagree that audio would be ideal, and is probably a good idea for all professional meetings moving forward. Until private/personal conversations and information starts getting leaked, and it 100% will happen, then people will hate that too. But taking notes instead of recording the meeting is not even kind of fishy. And there is a 0% chance they are verbatim notes, Zanick was not writing down word for word what everyone said. That's idiotic. I'm certain he was taking notes of the important bullets like a normal human.

What really matters is if everyone outside of Millsap says it didn't happen. Doesn't mean he's a liar, it most likely he misheard or misremembered something that happened in what seems like a highly emotional meeting.

If the other 4, or however many people were there deny it, will you accept that it didn't happen? Or will you assume a coverup?

If I were DL I would sue Elijah for defamation. Unless DL was actually stupid enough to say this (which I doubt since it's a nothing to gain, almost everything to lose situation for DL).

I don't disagree that audio would be ideal, and is probably a good idea for all professional meetings moving forward. Until private/personal conversations and information starts getting leaked, and it 100% will happen, then people will hate that too. But taking notes instead of recording the meeting is not even kind of fishy. And there is a 0% chance they are verbatim notes, Zanick was not writing down word for word what everyone said. That's idiotic. I'm certain he was taking notes of the important bullets like a normal human.

What really matters is if everyone outside of Millsap says it didn't happen. Doesn't mean he's a liar, it most likely he misheard or misremembered something that happened in what seems like a highly emotional meeting.

If the other 4, or however many people were there deny it, will you accept that it didn't happen? Or will you assume a coverup?

They are calling them verbatim notes.

The big issues is that the other two guys who arent EM or DL are both directly tied to DL.

I'm not assuming anything, but the fact is that "verbatim notes" are stupid in the modern era. It leaves the door open.

What reason do they to go with notes over audio? IF you are truly worried about "leaking" just record to a cassette tape. That's harder to leak than handwritten/typed notes. The most likely answer: Note taking lets you omit things.

If I were DL I would sue Elijah for defamation. Unless DL was actually stupid enough to say this (which I doubt since it's a nothing to gain, almost everything to lose situation for DL).
Yes, it would be 100% smart to draw even more attention to this!