What's new

Enes Kanter UPDATED Defensive Compilation

Hole hell!

I hope he has some better defensive plays out there somewhere.

What I don't get about Kanter is his lack of athleticism even though he is built like a very good athlete.

It's weird how working out doesn't seem to help some people in the athleticism department. His height might have something to do with it, but that doesn't explain why other tall people can become athletic. It may have something to do with his body structure or mind. I tend to lean towards the latter, I think athleticism has a lot to do with your mind like other skills do..

Or it has to do with the amount of fast twitch vs. slow twitch muscles in your body.....

Or it has to do with the amount of fast twitch vs. slow twitch muscles in your body.....

I'm not a real doctor, I just play one on Jazzfanz.

I believe that athleticism can be learned by repetitive practice. Sure, there are genetical qualities that give one person an edge over another, and some don't need practice because they are naturals. Its not just about slow twitch and fast twitch fibers though. There are techniques that can be learned to improve jumping ability and speed, along with working out. Watch how high jumpers in the Olympics approach the jump. They've got very pronounced techniques when they do it. Jumping isn't just about raw power, you have to know how to build momentum and use leverage, and then push off just right. That kind of stuff is all in your mind.

I think that Corbin has done nothing to improve Kanters IN GAME PASSING abilities. In his Highschool Mix and Eurobasket 11 Mix Videos i saw a few great passes to lead the break after a defensive rebound. For Utah Jazz I can not remember him ever doing this. I do not think that Corbin really used all of Kanter´s talent as a player. As an example Kanter always was a good shooter with long range, but Corbin has recognized this first in his 2 Season for the Jazz...

What I want to say is that Quinn will help much more developing his game. Kanter finished the season strong and he will start even stronger the next one. But, thats just my opinion on this one. I would still trade the whole team in exchange for AL Jefferson.
Do you think this schtick is ever going to get old for you?

Anyone else remember that before Kanter was drafted he was the only bigman to complete the 21+ minute brutal treadmill test. Not only bigman that year but only big man ever. Maybe he has those endurance fibers and not the fast twitch ones.

https://www.allkyhoops.com/2011/05/enes-kanter-impresses-with-stamina-team.html

Thanks for the link. This is the first time I learn from Kanter's/Ergül's side about the non-interview issue when he was entering the draft of 2011.

Yet the talk surrounding Kanter in Chicago had much more to do with the fact that he didn't sit down for interviews with Utah (No. 3, No. 12 picks), Toronto (No. 5) and Milwaukee (No. 10). Those non-meetings raised questions about whether Kanter's camp was avoiding certain teams, but Ergul said that wasn't entirely the case. They were only avoiding the Bucks.

"The only one I really didn't care for him [to go to] is Milwaukee," Ergul said. "I'll be honest ... it came out all wrong. [Utah general manager] Kevin [O'Connor] knew about it ... We called them, and it was because in next two weeks I had a feeling we were going to see each other extensively, so there's no reason for that [interview].

What I want to say is that Quinn will help much more developing his game. Kanter finished the season strong and he will start even stronger the next one. But, thats just my opinion on this one. I would still trade the whole team in exchange for AL Jefferson.

Hey CAKAR I loved Big Al too, I think his post up moves are a thing of beauty and he just dominates in the low post, bitching everyone around. But I'm curious, do you think he would fit in Quin's system?