What's new

ESPN Insider: Blazers eye Matthews (why?)

Those ********. I can't say I blame them though. I just hope they make a reasonable offer.

Portland is like the stupid, braty ,little sissy brother that always tries to take awesome things away from older brother. The Trail Blazers are the sole reason little brothers get picked on.

Guess Portland still hasn't forgiven us for swindling them out of Deron. No doubt this is Paul Allen. He holds grudges. Look at what he did to Pritchard and his assistant. So Portland goes after Millsap, knowing we'll have to match. Now they'll go after Matthews, probably offer him the full MLE, knowing we'll undoubtedly match. Why can't someone screw the Lakers or Nuggets?

And with Paul Allen they're the stupid, and rich little brat. And Kevin Pritchard was the really cool babysitter that the little brat got fired.

Guess Portland still hasn't forgiven us for swindling them out of Deron. No doubt this is Paul Allen. He holds grudges. Look at what he did to Pritchard and his assistant. So Portland goes after Millsap, knowing we'll have to match. Now they'll go after Matthews, probably offer him the full MLE, knowing we'll undoubtedly match. Why can't someone screw the Lakers or Nuggets?

Uh, I'm pretty sure the Lakers got screwed in the Gasol/ Kwame Brown trade.

this game is so old! How can he hold a grudge about Deron, he willingly did that. I really don't get how other teams don't screw over Portland with how much they do it to other teams.
I really don't know if Matthews is worth the full mid level though. Don't get me wrong I love him but thats a lot of money.

If Portland wants to over pay Matthews that's their problem. Wes is a quality player but he isn't the difference maker between the 2nd round and a NBA championship. If they do a Milsap like deal I say let them eat it and congrats to Wes!

This simply only screws the jazz. Not just saying that Portland is out to get the Jazz, but now Utah will have to pay much more to keep Wes or they will lose him. I am calling it now, if they resign Boozer, use Milsap as trade bait for something, anything, please don't lose a bunch of guys and be a .500 team.

Teams were obviously going to go after Wesley. He played very well last year and he can be signed on the cheap. We'll just have to see how crazy the Blazers are willing to get.

They need someone to replace that Nancy-boy Fernandez. They just traded for Babbitt though.

Wesley also has to look at it as this, starting on a team that is about the team success vs backup to a superstar guard, playing time sporadic. For a team that is much more about ISO. I know money talks but wesley might think the utah situation is better, also who knows maybe KOC is drawing up a contract right as we speak hell it's only 10:53 here.

Ummmm, I hate to break it to some of you, but this is a business.

The Blazers are going after a good player who is on a rival Basketball team.

If the roles were reversed, we'd be begging our ownership to pick off one of their players.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see other WC teams offer Matthews a contract. He's a good player. Were we really expecting that no one other than the Jazz were going to offer him a deal?

Ummmm, I hate to break it to some of you, but this is a business.

The Blazers are going after a good player who is on a rival Basketball team.

If the roles were reversed, we'd be begging our ownership to pick off one of their players.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see other WC teams offer Matthews a contract. He's a good player. Were we really expecting that no one other than the Jazz were going to offer him a deal?

Well, I would hate to break it to you, but the Trail Blazers just made this personal. Business smizzness. Those bitches.

Well, I would hate to break it to you, but the Trail Blazers just made this personal. Business smizzness. Those bitches.

angry_mob_simpsons.jpg

I'd like to know what caused Portland to hate the Jazz, it seems more agressive than just competition between division rivals. Was it something personal between LHM & Allen? I seem to remember when portland threatened legal action against every team in the league if someone signed Darius Miles --LHM said something about not liking threats, of course no-one does but maybe there is more to that story.

I wish I believed in karma.