What's new

Eurovision 2016

Logo broadcasting the show this year, in combination with Justin Timberlake performing at the finale, appears to be setting the stage for a proper American broadcast going forward.

Fingers crossed!

I rarely root for Lithuania as they never have decent musical acts worth winning anyway. And this *** kissing to Western world and creating English stage names for just Eurovision is just a ridiculous little rural boy syndrome. Donatas Montvydas turned into Donny Montell for just couple days. LOL.

Re watched some of the songs as I missed half of live translation. My favorites were Bulgaria, Belgium ( Belgium singer looked like a twin of a girl who made me a man some 27 years ago... brought some nice memories the moment I saw her) and Georgia. Did not understand hype and votes for Australia and Russia - really nothing special. Surprised Isreal did not get more votes. And agree about Belarus... they should have made it to final.

I was surprised. Russia is rightly pretty mad since they a) won the popular vote and b) the winner of the total vote sang a song that was pretty explicitly anti-Russian.

I'd say it is more anti Soviet... exile of Crimean Tatars was done under Stalin's command in 1944.

I'd say it is more anti Soviet... exile of Crimean Tatars was done under Stalin's command in 1944.

I'm pretty sure if you're from the Ukraine (or Georgia) the difference between Russia in 1944 and 2016 isn't quite as stark as it would be to the rest of the world.

Which does bring up an interesting question: if Russia completes its take over of the Ukraine this year does that mean that Russia hosts Eurovision?

Also, can I just say how obnoxious it is that Eurovision 2016 clips are not yet available in the United States through legitimate means. Logo buying the rights was actually the worst of all worlds for American viewers.