What's new

Exum assigned to the Stars

Of course he should play. They have been winning. But it's not like they have been playing great basketball. They have been lucky in a couple and the games.
We’ve gotten lucky in some games, but so have the Clippers, Lakers, and Kings, in at least one game each.

The Lakers smashed the jazz. I don't call that lucky. And the clippers weren't lucky either. Kawhi took over the game. No luck in that
Lakers got lucky because Bojan was out. Clippers got lucky because we’re not allowed to win on Sundays.

1. Mudiay played a great 5 minutes last game, but that doesn't change the fact he is averaging 4.0 TOV/36 and shooting just 23% from 3. Larsen overstating Mudiay's case a little there. But the Jazz haven't been planning on using Exum as a PG, or so the rumor goes, so Mudiay won't be impacted anyway.
2. Ingles hasn't been playing well, but should still get 25-30 minutes? Wouldn't hurt to rest Joe a little, plenty of posters have been saying he looks tired. But still wouldn't want to take too many minutes from him as he could break out of his slump any time.
3. Niang averages 9 minutes per game, so there's someone you could sit and give his minutes to Exum right there.
4. I want to see Exum play at the same time as Tony Bradley and set him up for easy buckets, just to make Kyoto's head explode.

1. Mudiay played a great 5 minutes last game, but that doesn't change the fact he is averaging 4.0 TOV/36 and shooting just 23% from 3. Larsen overstating Mudiay's case a little there. But the Jazz haven't been planning on using Exum as a PG, or so the rumor goes, so Mudiay won't be impacted anyway.
2. Ingles hasn't been playing well, but should still get 25-30 minutes? Wouldn't hurt to rest Joe a little, plenty of posters have been saying he looks tired. But still wouldn't want to take too many minutes from him as he could break out of his slump any time.
3. Niang averages 9 minutes per game, so there's someone you could sit and give his minutes to Exum right there.
4. I want to see Exum play at the same time as Tony Bradley and set him up for easy buckets, just to make Kyoto's head explode.

Larsen said he's playing well and he is... If Dante had the numbers Mudiay is currently putting up the Dante Homers would be making his case for MVP. He's not better or younger than Mudiay... he should not take his minutes. He can take Niang's minutes and cover mop up duty... no more token minutes for Dante because he was a high pick and we invested in him... perform or grab a seat at the bench. If Mudiay starts sucking then Dante can take some of those minutes.

Reactions: MVP
Before the season started I read that Dante is going to play as the wing from now. Someone from Jazz staff was saying something that it's going to show that Dante is "more complete player now, not just PG" or something of that sort.
Can someone with more basketball knowledge explain me the sense of it?
Is it not just admitting that Dante doesn't really have the necessary vision to run the point? Or we just need him as universal defender? Is not the wing who can't shoot less useful than PG who can't do it either? Or maybe...tadam!.. it's to show that he can play multiple positions to bump his trade value up?

Before the season started I read that Dante is going to play as the wing from now. Someone from Jazz staff was saying something that it's going to show that Dante is "more complete player now, not just PG" or something of that sort.
Can someone with more basketball knowledge explain me the sense of it?
Is it not just admitting that Dante doesn't really have the necessary vision to run the point? Or we just need him as universal defender? Is not the wing who can't shoot less useful than PG who can't do it either? Or maybe...tadam!.. it's to show that he can play multiple positions to bump his trade value up?

i don't know, maybe they want him more scoring from other players passes (like backdoor cuts) and being some secondary playmaker on a play in some strange bench lineup (like mudiay, mitchell, exum, green and bradley) rather than simply just run the point attacking the rim and looking for lobs or dishes (or layups)