What's new

Exum assigned to the Stars

Last time he was babied back from an injury stuff still exploded though... If we bring him back now he might get hurt earlier and be back from that injury for the playoffs... where he can give us a couple solid games before going out with his season ending injury... but if he is healthy in the summer maybe we can move his expiring deal...

This is some next level injury management.
It's scary how much truth there is in this!

Has anybody come across any info on how he has been looking in training recently?

I’d be curious to find out.

Has anybody come across any info on how he has been looking in training recently?

I’d be curious to find out.

Tony Jones said today that he's looking good and could play now but management are holding him out a little longer

yeah he said X is pushing to play but they're waiting a little longer. Seems a little crazy cautious ..
Maybe they think that they have been playing well without him and don't need him and that he could rock the boat so to speak when he returns

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Mudiay is doing fine. No, he is doing better than fine, he is showing growth and improvement, he will get better as the season goes on, and he will get a raise next summer.

So, Dante can rehab as long as he wants, or as long as the Jazz want. And Dante can keep his sulky self behind the players.

If Dante got paid Mudiay's contract I wouldn't be so hard on him, but he's making 10 million and never made less than 3.6 per season which is two times more than Mudiay will make this season.

the issue was the bone bruise.

And a patellar tendon injury is no trifling matter
What's ****ed is we should probably HOPE that his knee injury is from compensating from an ankle sprain. OTHERWISE, why did his knee get ****ed?

yeah he said X is pushing to play but they're waiting a little longer. Seems a little crazy cautious ..

I'm listening to the podcast right now, and Tony said he could play an NBA game right now, but yeah you're right, the Jazz are being super duper cautious.

Mudiay is doing fine. No, he is doing better than fine, he is showing growth and improvement, he will get better as the season goes on, and he will get a raise next summer.

So, Dante can rehab as long as he wants, or as long as the Jazz want. And Dante can keep his sulky self behind the players.

If Dante got paid Mudiay's contract I wouldn't be so hard on him, but he's making 10 million and never made less than 3.6 per season which is two times more than Mudiay will make this season.

If you take all of Mudiay's games into account, the bad and the good, its clear that Mudiay has been an overall positive. He's had some bad games yes, but he is providing something for us which is not in large supply off the bench thus far this season, and that's scoring.

Having said that, having most of our players available to play is also a positive. Another body to throw out there. Right now we have a 9 man rotation due to injuries. We need Exum back to make it 10, and ease the workload that much more.

What's ****ed is we should probably HOPE that his knee injury is from compensating from an ankle sprain. OTHERWISE, why did his knee get ****ed?

i agree this last one is the only one that makes me think he's ****ed... like how did that just happen ?

With Exum getting healthy and returning to the court, would you redo the trade with Memphis and include Exum, keeping Jae Crowder and Grayson Allen? Further, given what you see if missing from the Jazz roster so far this season would you do a trade now with Memphis of Exum for Crowder and Allen?

Reactions: MVP
You can’t. He dies not have to play for stars if he doesn’t want to.
The DLeague can be used for injury rehab purposes. I remember when Neto and Burks got sent down there for that purpose. He's already been sent down once to practice with them. If he can't light up GLeague players I doubt he will be any good in the show.

With Exum getting healthy and returning to the court, would you redo the trade with Memphis and include Exum, keeping Jae Crowder and Grayson Allen? Further, given what you see if missing from the Jazz roster so far this season would you do a trade now with Memphis of Exum for Crowder and Allen?
Without question, it's a yes for me.