What's new

Falling out of love with Al Jefferson

Al will get better. You people are so ****ing dramatic.

Does he have issues? Sure, he has issues. Will he just ignore them and keep playing like crap? No, and if you think he isn't working his *** off to try and improve, you are an idiot.

His 4th foul in the 3rd quarter when he did a turn around push shot (which went in) and Duncan fell over was complete and utter ********. What garbage.

Al will get better. You people are so ****ing dramatic.

Does he have issues? Sure, he has issues. Will he just ignore them and keep playing like crap? No, and if you think he isn't working his *** off to try and improve, you are an idiot.

His 4th foul in the 3rd quarter when he did a turn around push shot (which went in) and Duncan fell over was complete and utter ********. What garbage.

Ya know, we all hope he will get better, and maybe he will. But it is also quite possible that he just cannot adjust to Jazz complexity and passing. How many big men are good passers? Not many, so it is not necessarily a skill that you can just develop. We will see, but right now he seems to bog down the offense big time and not do enough on D or rebounding.

The Jazz are (rightfully) more patient than us, but to me its clear AJ should be coming off the bench where he can go to work on the low post . The only way I can see him successfully working with Millsap is if Paul can start to reliably hit the three like Okur could. Now you have floor spacing which prevents double teams on Al and opens up lanes for cutters. I'm not really in favor of this though as Paul's strongest suit is offensive rebounding and if we make him a jump shooter that goes to waste.

Who said anyone misses Boozer? We miss one of his skills, maybe. Take me back in time and there is no way I would re-sign that pos.

Patience is a virtue. There is still a lot to be worked out. I don't know why people think that means it won't be, and this is what we are stuck with.

great game by Big Al tonight - still looks tentative and stuck in no-man's land on defense; but like I've said the individual effort is there. He'll have a few more up and down games but tonight's game should be the norm in a few weeks.

His post game interview made me feel like a major douche. I like the guy, a lot. I really hope he keeps getting better and has more games like tonight and less like last night.

AJ is not really a center. He's playing a bit out of position. He's still a 20/10 guy who tries on defense. There aren't many people in the league you could replace him with. Boozer wouldn't do any better against Tim Duncan than Al did, that's for sure.

Also, you're not going to get AJ to play with the same hustle and energy as Millsap. He's 280 lbs. You need to compare him to players like Chris Kaman and Kendrick Perkins.

Dear Al Jefferson,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZSzS4_kHCI&feature=related
-Sincerely,
ruca!

Can Big Al dunk it? Has anyone seen him do it? He had a clear chance against Port last night and wound up double pumping it against the glass when 99/100 nba players would have slammed it home with two hands.

Can Big Al dunk it? Has anyone seen him do it? He had a clear chance against Port last night and wound up double pumping it against the glass when 99/100 nba players would have slammed it home with two hands.

He's dunked several times with Utah.

He played well last night. The Jazz need for that to be the norm, rather than the exception.

Is there really this little patience with Jefferson? He's got all the skills you could want. He just doesn't see all the moving pieces in the offense yet. He's going to be a force in 20-25 games, and he's pretty good now.