What's new

Favors 3yr/27M

Last I remember the Nuggets leaned on Murray in that series. Gobert can’t guard both Joker and Murray, that’s why we lost because our perimeter defense was weak as hell.

Last I remember Don defended Murray well and Murray defended Don well but they were both unstoppable. I also remember Jokic outperforming Rudy after we took the 3-1 lead. Rudy is awesome but I don't think we'll re-sign him at what he'll get in UFA, and it's possible he won't want to stay. I think the Donovan beef hurt him. Hopefully we learned our lesson with Haywad.

Last I remember Don defended Murray well and Murray defended Don well but they were both unstoppable. I also remember Jokic outperforming Rudy after we took the 3-1 lead. Rudy is awesome but I don't think we'll re-sign him at what he'll get in UFA, and it's possible he won't want to stay. I think the Donovan beef hurt him. Hopefully we learned our lesson with Haywad.
Yes, Rudy can’t guard Jokic when he also has to worry about Murray because he was running circles around DM and everyone else.

Have to say, I'm worried about Favors's health. Missed a lot of time last year, and didn't really pop athletically much when he was in. Hope he can lose a bit of weight again and that the Jazz's training staff figure out a way to keep him going. Hurts not having several months before the season starts.

Have to say, I'm worried about Favors's health. Missed a lot of time last year, and didn't really pop athletically much when he was in. Hope he can lose a bit of weight again and that the Jazz's training staff figure out a way to keep him going. Hurts not having several months before the season starts.
It will be nice not having to spend too much time integrating him in though. . .

Does he still have foot issues? What about his back?

Favors is a luxury, but not a bad one at the MLE. Just wasn't worth $17M. It makes no sense to sign Favors and draft Doke, but it was the pick that was bad not the signing.

Does he still have foot issues? What about his back?
He has a chronically bad musculoskeletal system. He's been his healthiest on restricted minutes, so him as a backup makes sense. But I dread that we're going to see more two centers that can't spread the floor, dribble, or pass lineups.

I am thrilled to have Favors back.

I don't think that Gobert is going anywhere. I think we HIGHLY VALUE what he does for us enough to seek out another version of Rudy to try to groom the next round.

The Udoka pick is a promising replacement for Bradley for now. 3rd string. We dont NEED him to perform. Perhaps some day he replaces Goberts minutes.

Favors is back to replace Ed Davis at 50% of his old salary.

We fixed our depth issue at the 4/5 this week.

Late to the party but my take is that Jazz FO is preparing IF Jazz won't be able to strike a deal with Rudy.
IF that happens at least there's Favors and Dok to man the fort.
Then with Rudy S&T could net replacement plus usable pieces.

We already knew from last year's moves but this is more evidence. We are trying to win now. Draft picks aside because those don't have much effect.

Favors is the better player now than Woods. Woods is an upside pick. But he isn't going to figure out our system fast and fit in like favors will. Plus I don't trust Woods defense but I definitely do favors. I don't trust Woods to be a solid roll man for our 3 players who work best with a roll man. But again I do favors. The only thing I like more about Woods is his shooting from 3. I think favors is a better at everything else now including mid range shots. Woods shooting isn't all that proven yet. I think favors is a better fit now for sure.

I watched him , and to be honest it just didn’t look like he had his heart in it ...

Favs is such a soft caring guy ... I think he cared a lot about the Jazz and the community ... I can’t wait till he gets the welcome back reception ... oh wait ... fake crowd

Love to see Favors back. The way Lakers dominate the paint I even think that Favs alongside Gobert may be useful against them now that we could have three shooters around them. Another thing is that it will allow Rudy to be more agressive, I really think that he was playing a bit cautious against Nuggets because he knew that if he fouls out we re screwed. But apart from all basketball aspects I think it was glaring that last year team had chemistry issues and Favors should help it a lot. Also if Rudy's relation with Don goes completely bad and he demands to be traded in the middle of the season we are secured.

I love Favs and I think he absolutely deserves every penny he gets out of that deal. I guess none of those off-season decisions are horrendous on their own... just the totality of them is freaking attrocious. We spent ALL our mid-high level resources on back up center and 3d string center. It's great having competent backup center, but this should not be the level of priority this is. Not even close.

I love that we will have quite possibly the best backup center in the game. I think it will help matching up against Jokic and possibly against the Lakers bigs, so it's not insignificant, but IMO we missed a chance to make more significant gains on the wing. Now we have to pray that Oni is everything they believe he is when just 2 months ago Quin didn't dare put him on the floor against DEN.