What's new

Favors bone bruise

So Favors has been playing on one leg all season. I declare Favor's new nick name is "The Pirate"

i-i-captain.jpg

Will one of you techie millennials photo-shop us a Favors as a pirate picture? TIA.

There's definitely been worse nicknames created.

Zach Lowe talked about this on the podcast today... thinks Favs is likely gone this offseason.

I've kind of thought it all along. If he finishes the season gimpy I think our return would be awful... may just have to roll the dice on him again.

really sucks... I like the guy. This has to be incredibly frustrating.

Zach Lowe talked about this on the podcast today... thinks Favs is likely gone this offseason.

I don't have any info other than my observations and impressions. I think Favors is frustrated with Gobert. The Jazz run the offence through Gobert, Gobert gets all the lobs, Gobert gets all the rebounds, Gobert gets all the interviews. Gobert got the $20 million extension.

When Gobert began his rise to greatness Favors made several comments about being a better rim defender than Gobert, and a better rebounder.

It was after Gobert got awesome the Favors injuries began to be regular occurrences.

If Favors had gobert's fire and desire to improve he would have been special.

I'm starting to get concerned about Rudy's health tbh.

Why? It's officially listed as "right leg soreness" and Quin said he was out against OKC for "precautionary reasons". He's still listed as day to day and I'm sure they have MRI results back at this point. If it was something worse we'd probably know by now. He'll be alright.

So if Favors time with the Jazz is over....its too bad the Jazz didn't draft a pf the last couple of seasons so they could move him in seamlessly after Favors leaves.

I don't have any info other than my observations and impressions. I think Favors is frustrated with Gobert. The Jazz run the offence through Gobert, Gobert gets all the lobs, Gobert gets all the rebounds, Gobert gets all the interviews. Gobert got the $20 million extension.

When Gobert began his rise to greatness Favors made several comments about being a better rim defender than Gobert, and a better rebounder.

It was after Gobert got awesome the Favors injuries began to be regular occurrences.

**** take. There is no indication or good reason for Favors to be faking or milking injury.

Really sad but my impression is that Favors is done, or basically done. He is injury prone and heals like an 80 year old. Tough luck for the Jazz.

Yeah this is pretty ridiculous. By all accounts favors has been an awesome teammate and works harder than anyone but Gordon each off-season to improve. He's just been unlucky with injuries. He's an awesome player and a super hard worker.

This is the second injury the jazz training/med staff has botched. Favors should go see that Andrews guy for a qualified second opinion about what is going on.

This sucks. I like Favors game on both ends (though I really wish we saw a tiny bit more of a perimeter game this year), think his perceived chill attitude is overblown and he has some burning desire in him, and could be a great player.

I really hope the kid says screw it, I wanna finish what I started here, even at a discount, and reups for 5 and 90. I would pay that. Not sure if it's enough. Probably not. But it's damn respectable given his injuries and enough to secure him for life. He could prob get more like 22-25M elsewhere but who knows.

My gut tells me he's a really loyal, humble kid and re-signs at a reasonable deal around 5/90 like I stated, probably more like 5 and 105. It could turn out to hurt us but I think it's low enough that it's also a very tradeable asset.

im with holding my final take on Favors until next season.

If hes injury prone next year during a contract year then yes its probably "over" for him in the sense that he'll never reach his potential.
If he cant stay healthy during his prime then hes not going to magically improves as his body ages.