What's new

Favors to OKC in works (Update: Traded)

Favors scored 8 points in 6 games vs the Clippers, a team that he should have been able to have a good series against. He is washed. He can't stay healthy enough to be impactful despite having limited minutes.

The idea that any team would want him at his contract to play significant minutes is crazy. At this point in Favors career, he's probably a minimum contract guy teams have as an option matchup big.

I've heard a couple of things may be in the works dealing with a couple of guys that played in Australia. Jock Landale is a free agent center and tight with Ingles and Matt Mooney a PF from Notre Dame has already worked out for the Jazz.

Favors scored 8 points in 6 games vs the Clippers, a team that he should have been able to have a good series against. He is washed. He can't stay healthy enough to be impactful despite having limited minutes.

The idea that any team would want him at his contract to play significant minutes is crazy. At this point in Favors career, he's probably a minimum contract guy teams have as an option matchup big.
They gonna give him the Horford Deer Anteler spray and flip him later but for worse money and a pick.

We don’t need 3 centers. Especially a backup being paid what favors is being paid.
I understand. I also don't think we have to send out future 1st rounders unless we desperately have to.

And we might think we don't need 3 centers, but you never know.

Meanwhile, Udoka was a career 74.6% from the floor in college on 12.3 points per game. If we have Clarkson, Ingles, Butler and a decent MLE player around him, dude could be a freakin weapon inside. That said, I’d like him to improve his passing.

Where is Udoka so far as his injury is concerned. My recollection is he was actually going to be available vs the Clips should we have needed him but I might be wrong.

I'm a bit bummed the Favors reunion was short lived, but so it goes I guess.

Still wish the Jazz had a Ring of Fame so guys like him and Ingles could be in it.

Where is Udoka so far as his injury is concerned. My recollection is he was actually going to be available vs the Clips should we have needed him but I might be wrong.
He should be ok. He played some garbage minutes at the end of regular season and in one of the losses to Clippers.

I'm a bit bummed the Favors reunion was short lived, but so it goes I guess.

Still wish the Jazz had a Ring of Fame so guys like him and Ingles could be in it.
Yep. I feel like this is going to leave things more salty than if we had just let him be after the New Orleans trade.

Favors will end up going down as one of the most mismanaged players in our team's history. Should have been traded well before he was because we could have gotten good assets for him. He never really was a great PF, but could have been a great C. Then the last year happened when we overpaid him, he didn't fit great, and we had to use a 1st to dump him.

Should have just let him find his way last summer and kept those great vibes on both sides. It's unfortunate really.

One of the most lopsided trades I have ever seen it should have been a straight 2nd rounder for him not us sending a future first again to a team and a player so we are virtually paying through our noses for okc to take his salary and no way is mike Conley is worth the same amount of money per year as his last contract what is it with players demanding more money for being injured most of the time

Dennis made some really stupid decisions last offseason that have cost the Jazz way too much. That was our 2024 first round pick. So next years is Memphis's, 2023 we have ours, 2024 is OKC's and I have high doubts they're going to want to trade their picks after 2024. We really need Butler to work out at this point. Favs was just plain not very good last season either. I hope they have more and better things planned, I would not mind if we could trade Bogey for a less offensive wing defender and a first round pick if possible, or Joe, but I think Joe has less value and I'm not sure you could get a first for Joe.

Bummer. Going to miss his offensive rebounding for sure. But his contract was terrible. I hope he does well in OKC.

I'm surprised that some people are surprised, a Favors salary dump has been the talk for a while now. A salary dump means you give up an asset to get rid of a bad contract - this is pretty standard. We weren't getting anything of value back for him. It really sucks it had to be done, but that's why DL is out.

Someone posted this on Twitter, there are at least half a dozen guys I'd be happy to have at the minimum or slightly more. I'd be on the phone with the agents for Lopez, Theis, and Noel specifically (click on the image to expand):

"