Game Thread Feb 09, 2021 8:00PM MT (TNT): Jazz vs. Celtics

Added to Calendar: 02-09-21

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
Utah Jazz Game Day

Vivint Smart Home Arena, 301 S Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Feb 09, 2021 08:00PM MT

Celtics, Bucks, Heat, Sixers, Clippers, then Hornets, then Lakers coming up. Celtics have lost four of their last six. Conley is still out.

Line: Jazz -4.5

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
Well, with Conley out and Kemba in, this would be a game that I think it's appropriate to see Shaq for a bit. I don't think we will, but we should.

framer

I think we might have sore legs as well, but a 30 point blowout of the Celtics would be capital.

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
Kemba has kinda been sucking lately. With Smart out, and Brown questionable, I think you shut down Tatum and goad Kemba into hero ball.
Kemba has torched us in the past... he's the exact kind of guard we don't want no problems with. I don't know that Shaq is the answer versus Kemba but we might see him or Forrest (didn't he get recalled) for a minute or two. Most likely its Miye but I think Kemba will cook him.

LogGrad98

Contributor
This is a Rudy game imo... if we win it. He gives us 18-20 and I think we win. Need to get the inside stuff going since they are small on the interior.
I think this will require the 3-headed snake, or the snake with 3 backs maybe? Hmm.

Anyway, Gobert, Mitchell, and Bogie all need somewhat big games here to guarantee the win. I think they are all key. I expect Bogie to go for 20+, Mitchell to be 25+, and Gobert to produce yet another 15/15/3 game.

LogGrad98

Contributor
I think this will require the 3-headed snake, or the snake with 3 backs maybe? Hmm.

Anyway, Gobert, Mitchell, and Bogie all need somewhat big games here to guarantee the win. I think they are all key. I expect Bogie to go for 20+, Mitchell to be 25+, and Gobert to produce yet another 15/15/3 game.
This made me think, you know the Jazz are the basketball embodiment of Hydra. Cut off one head, and 2 shall take its place. Shut down one 3-pt shooter and 2 others will step up to bury you.

CANNOT BE STOPPED! HAIL HYDRA!