What's new

Game Thread Feb 09, 2021 8:00PM MT (TNT): Jazz vs. Celtics

Added to Calendar: 02-09-21

We figured him out in the second half. Didn't he go scoreless?
LeMelo Ball just had a really good game against the Jazz but obviously Jazz still won. Guess you're only counting guards but DNV had Jokic have a great game and to a lesser degree Barton have way above average game.

So far this season there hasn't been as many and I think some of it is our own memory with Jazz winning guards having seemingly good games don't stand out as much.

Our new mantra for the season! Rally churro is dead, long live the Hydra!

And what If what we're seeing is the Hydra Churro Jazz ?

You try to eat one churro to get the Jazz away from the Rally Churro and bam, there's two churros there

Speaking seriously tho

Any word yet on Brown ? I'll feel better If he's rested again

Speaking seriously tho

Any word yet on Brown ? I'll feel better If he's rested again
He got upgraded to questionable so, in my book, he’s a go.

Why?

Well we didn’t game plan specifically to stop him, I’m guessing Quin once we were aware of him, he did exactly nothing in the second half.
The reason Kemba is scary is because he can create his own shot off the dribble and can hit pullup jumpers. If he is hot you he is the type of guy that is our kryptonite. Ain't a whole lot you can do about it. If he's off then great.

We figured him out in the second half. Didn't he go scoreless?
He just started missing. Kemba is a guy that when he is hitting his pullup jumper it can be a long night. Hopefully he continues to be off.

The reason Kemba is scary is because he can create his own shot off the dribble and can hit pullup jumpers. If he is hot you he is the type of guy that is our kryptonite. Ain't a whole lot you can do about it. If he's off then great.
The Celtics guy on Locke's show today mentioned that Kemba is still wobbly and in pain when it comes to sudden stops. His "stop and pop" game is really questionable right now.

Can't imagine it's any good for defending either. . .

So does Kyrie.
Dame, CJ, Jamal.... these type of creative shot making guards are the type that can blow up our scheme. We haven't really fixed that issue... we have gotten better effort this year but when those guys get cooking it sucks.

The Celtics guy on Locke's show today mentioned that Kemba is still wobbly and in pain when it comes to sudden stops. His "stop and pop" game is really questionable right now.

Can't imagine it's any good for defending either. . .
rope a dope.

He just started missing. Kemba is a guy that when he is hitting his pullup jumper it can be a long night. Hopefully he continues to be off.
I mean the Jazz have flat out shut guys down far more often this year than they have been victimized. Look what they did to Lillard and Trae. If we get killed it will be Tatum.

I mean the Jazz have flat out shut guys down far more often this year than they have been victimized. Look what they did to Lillard and Trae. If we get killed it will be Tatum.
I'm not saying its likely... I'm saying there is a reasonable chance he gives us issues. He's very capable and we don't have a great one on one defender to take him. Rudy can cover the rim so we should be able to play over the top and be fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if he broke out and gave us 25-30 tonight. I still think we win.

I like your zeal. I'm still a long-hauler.

Utah teams, imo, lose their heads when they're on top, and just don't know how to live one day at a time. Yes, win this one, for sure. One day at a time.

Psychology of endomorphics and other chemical affecters drives euthoria and depression. Just don't set your mind so that you getdepressed of over one loss, then drop ten because of the broken bubble.

Any team can beat any other team on any given day. That's why we play the games.
Boooo! Boooo! No downers allowed! Get that realistic POV out of here!