What's new

Game Thread Feb 15, 2021 7:00PM MT: Jazz vs. 76ers

Added to Calendar: 02-15-21

The guys we rely on most were 7-26 combined. 1 dude at 8-13 makes it look better than it was . And if Royce hadn't made those last 3 it would have been even worse. Dude.
Why do you keep bringing up that I called you dude? Do you think that's an insult or something?

Every single player this year is more aggressive. Giving Favors the credit is a large stretch.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Advanced stats show per 36 Favors leads the team in box outs and for every box out the team gets twice as many rebounds as Favors gets on those. Gobert doesn't block out much but when he does he gets the rebound almost as much as a teammate. Favors leads our team in offensive rebound rate and is just a step behind Gobert on defense rebound rate. Team rebounding is best with Favors in the game though. There's also a good reason why Favors is #2 on our team in PER this year behind Gobert and leads our team in Defensive BPM.

In the first qtr when Simmons was going off he was really celebrating and at one point straight up flexing. I was thinking "enjoy your 1st qtr celebrations, let's see who's celebrating when the buzzer goes off." Then Rudy has a nice dunk with 1min and change left and it was like, yeah, that's when you celebrate, when you dunk it to cap off a winning night.

Advanced stats show per 36 Favors leads the team in box outs and for every box out the team gets twice as many rebounds as Favors gets on those. Gobert doesn't block out much but when he does he gets the rebound almost as much as a teammate. Favors leads our team in offensive rebound rate and is just a step behind Gobert on defense rebound rate. Team rebounding is best with Favors in the game though. There's also a good reason why Favors is #2 on our team in PER this year behind Gobert and leads our team in Defensive BPM.
@nateboz has always been Favs #1 hater. He just doesn't get it.

He was a gamble. The real issue here was being convinced that we needed a "change up" from Rudy. Leaning harder into what Rudy does and changing the other stuff was the correct answer. That was a gamble too. . .
Great post

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

What's with the Favors hate tonight? He was fine. Getting him back has been a huge boon to this team.
He was better than fine tonight. He had been struggling for 2 or 3 games though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

We should have guarded Simmons like we did Giannis tbh. We sagged off way too much and essentially gave him a mini fast break the whole game.
I thought the same thing... obvi didn’t have time to prep but I felt like we let his ****** shooting be an advantage by playing that far off him... like “here take a running start and only one level of defense”. Simplifies the reads and he only has to beat a guy a little to get his shot off.