What's new

Game Thread Feb 15, 2021 7:00PM MT: Jazz vs. 76ers

Added to Calendar: 02-15-21

Ben Simmons vs the Jazz

1st qtr
ad750f466f1c3e4cb267778d470f2125f459c818.gifv

4th qtr
tumblr_n0gbs0FRQg1qedb29o1_500.gif

You're talking like those shots don't count. I've got good news: they do, every bit as much as any other 3 that goes in from any other person or at any other time of the game.
Oh thank God! That's exactly what I was worried about! Not about our main guys being in a bit of a slump or anything. Are you sure they still count for 3? And you are also guaranteeing that clarkson will hit 8-13 every game right? Whew, I'm glad you were here you straighten that up!

Great win. Minus some defense on Ben.

Really my only question mark is how can stop elite players in the playoffs.
We will get a test of that in the next two weeks playing our toughest competitors for the title.

O'Neale has played better than ever before, and has shut me up so far. However it only matters now how he does against the
Lakers and Clippers. If you care about a title.

It'll all come down to a few small things if we are to make a title run. Because we have figured so much out this year. Shoot more 3s. defined roles etc.
We have to get the most out of our roster as possible.

Is Niang the best we can do? I'm curious to see what Hughes of Brantley could do with those minutes.

Who will defend Lebron? Should it be Bogie?

We'll get some answers to these questions this month.

There is some definite concern over our recent performance from 3 from some of our main guys. Mainly Mitchell, Bogdonovic, and O'Neale.

Over the last 3 games Mitchell is a combined 6-29. Over the last 4 Bogie is combined 5-24 and O'Neale is 3-13 over the last 3 games.

It is truly the power of the hydra that we have Ingles or clarkson or even niang stepping in to fill that void, but the home stand is over now, going to LA for back to backs against the clippers will require more than that. I certainly hope those guys find their range again, and soon. That's really the only way I see us losing is if we have multiple high-volume guys slumping at once. And these 3 now are a little too close for comfort. We've been gutting out some tough wins recently, I hope we can stay sharp, tighten things up, and keep the streak alive.

I'm afraid we might see us drop both of these next games if we don't get some of the slop out of our recent play.

I'm greedy and want to win them all!

Any idea when Conley comes back?

There is some definite concern over our recent performance from 3 from some of our main guys. Mainly Mitchell, Bogdonovic, and O'Neale.

Over the last 3 games Mitchell is a combined 6-29. Over the last 4 Bogie is combined 5-24 and O'Neale is 3-13 over the last 3 games.

It is truly the power of the hydra that we have Ingles or clarkson or even niang stepping in to fill that void, but the home stand is over now, going to LA for back to backs against the clippers will require more than that. I certainly hope those guys find their range again, and soon. That's really the only way I see us losing is if we have multiple high-volume guys slumping at once. And these 3 now are a little too close for comfort. We've been gutting out some tough wins recently, I hope we can stay sharp, tighten things up, and keep the streak alive.

I'm afraid we might see us drop both of these next games if we don't get some of the slop out of our recent play.

I'm greedy and want to win them all!

Any idea when Conley comes back?

We've got 7 guys in the rotation that on any given are capable of hitting 5 threes on their own throughout the course of the game. The likelihood of all 7 being hot or cold on the same night is incredibly low. Lately its been Ingles and Niang bailing us out with Clarkson joining the partey against Philly but its just as likely to be Bogey and Mitchell who take over against LAC. It is by far the biggest strength that we have over pretty much every other side in the league. Also helps that in the event Clarkson, Mitchell and Conley are cold they can attack the basket and hit floaters, Ingles can also hit the occasional floater but mostly utilises the fake pass/lay up and Bogey can post up. So even when our guys aren't shooting well they can find other ways of scoring.

We've got 7 guys in the rotation that on any given are capable of hitting 5 threes on their own throughout the course of the game. The likelihood of all 7 being hot or cold on the same night is incredibly low. Lately its been Ingles and Niang bailing us out with Clarkson joining the partey against Philly but its just as likely to be Bogey and Mitchell who take over against LAC. It is by far the biggest strength that we have over pretty much every other side in the league. Also helps that in the event Clarkson, Mitchell and Conley are cold they can attack the basket and hit floaters, Ingles can also hit the occasional floater but mostly utilises the fake pass/lay up and Bogey can post up. So even when our guys aren't shooting well they can find other ways of scoring.
Capable and doing it are 2 different things. I already said I was very happy we have found ways to win the tough games. Right now our team 3 pt% dropped below 40%, only just but still, for the past 3-4 games to have enough impact to move the season number with nearly 30 games played tells you we have been just bad, by our standards. And when we rely on the 3 the way we do, we need to get them back to their season level pretty soon or we might find out we can't always figure out a way to win with plan B or C.

And yes, I want to win every game. A wise man (smart ***? eh, same thing) once said, this is a must win game. And so it is.

WIN THEM ALL!!

FEAR THE HYDRA!!

Well said and what i was exactly thinking. This is the mathematical proof that jazz can win it all. If your team averages 40percent that means you expect half of your shooters shoot better and half shoot worst , hey, thats at least 3 guys shooting 40% 3s..hard to beat that

Capable and doing it are 2 different things. I already said I was very happy we have found ways to win the tough games. Right now our team 3 pt% dropped below 40%, only just but still, for the past 3-4 games to have enough impact to move the season number with nearly 30 games played tells you we have been just bad, by our standards. And when we rely on the 3 the way we do, we need to get them back to their season level pretty soon or we might find out we can't always figure out a way to win with plan B or C.
I hope Plan A and the team's norm, is just our need for Conley to be back in the game

And yes, I want to win every game. A wise man (smart ***? eh, same thing) once said, this is a must win game. And so it is.

WIN THEM ALL!!

FEAR THE HYDRA!!
Being wise and being a smartass are two different things. Well, there are some exceptions that prove the rule, like me for example. Not many babes are wise. Very few wise are also smartass. Not every smartass is wise. Could be your idea of wise is stupid, could be your idea of stupid is wise.

Mere mortals play with words, Gods play with worlds. The "r" makes it right. Makes all the difference in the world.

An absolute notion of "Truth" transforms the discussion to the imaginary domain of politics and religion, same thing for some. Our notions are a thing apart from what actually exists, which we still know nothing about, most likely.

A wise basketball man will not gloat, nor despair, over the next game. You only get to play the game once, in real time. But we live with the mentality we bring..... or take out of it.
Body chemistry...... hormones and other affective chemical mediators, are a resource to use in a timely manner. When the game is on.

But @infection is also wise. This forum is our part of the game. We should play it with all we've got.

I confess I fell asleep during the sixers game when they were ahead, and I was wondering if we could come back. Thanks to all who fed the rally magic with their determined fighting spirit throwing cheers to the wind that gave the team the magic and made the 3s fly right.....

You were part of the win.

My sleep was the sleep of the Just. Well, maybe. Maybe the sleep of a smartass who drove 1500 miles and thought he could watch a game from a bed......

We have some very must win games ahead......

My sleep was the sleep of the Just. Well, maybe.
In order to sleep the “sleep of the just”, you must have wisdom. But in order to have wisdom, you must have Her.

Being Her’s is a tall order. She was wrongfully evicted from the temple (under Deuteron insistence) in Jerusalem by Josiah 600+ years before the true King walked on the Sea of Galilee in total homage to Her.

From what I have seen of your material here, you don’t even speak Her language. Your claims about your apnea-laden s#!+ naps are just as mythic as all your other takes.

Three games in four nights may be part of the equation with our lack lustre shooting. Not to mention all of those games were against above average competition. There's bound to be some fatigue, both mental and physical. And oh yeah, we won all three. Let's smile and move on.

In order to sleep the “sleep of the just”, you must have wisdom. But in order to have wisdom, you must have Her.

Being Her’s is a tall order. She was wrongfully evicted from the temple (under Deuteron insistence) in Jerusalem by Josiah 600+ years before the true King walked on the Sea of Galilee in total homage to Her.

From what I have seen of your material here, you don’t even speak Her language. Your claims about your apnea-laden s#!+ naps are just as mythic as all your other takes.
Grabs popcorn

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app