What's new

Game Thread Feb 19, 2021 8:00PM MT: Jazz at Clippers

Added to Calendar: 02-19-21

The refs sucked

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Beverley ended the game with one foul.

I stopped watching at halftime. What they were getting away with yet what we were getting called for was just too much for me to stay up and watch.

Don got called for more fouls in the first 6 minutes than Beverley got called for all game yet Beverley hacked Don to bits all 1st half.

If we don't get respect from the refs, we have zero chance of winning a title. Zero.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

A win here would have sent Jazz fans over the moon. Frustrating that it didn't happen, but man we've been on a hell of a ride and I hope, as Donovan said, this is just a bump in the road on the way to bigger things.

This game showed the importance of finishing with the best record in the west. We need the 2 LA teams to match up before meeting us in the playoffs. Keep pushing...

Oh jeez. That’s your comeback? LOL

Okay dude, you totally got me. You were “pretty sure” that they’re the better team. Man, so glad you straightened me out.
Tell us about their terrible centers and guards. That was fun, but then you ran away from it like your hair was on fire.

Also, yeah, I think the jazz need to improve. Bite me.

They are able to take us out of what we want to do... it felt like we missed the shots we needed to and had some dumb mistakes at tough times.

That said they got great performances from their role players. I think we have a good chance at beating them. Quin has some work to do. Part of it will be instead of just trying to beat them with force you need to use their aggressiveness against them... like this is some miyagido ****. They had the one play where they crossed DM and Mike and Bev prolly should have switched but he’s so concerned about not giving Don anything that Mike got a wide open three.

The other thing to remember is that PG always seems to be hurt in the playoffs... Beverly is injury prone... Kawhi has the tendinopathy issue... like this might be the healthiest they have ever been.

I don’t feel great about the loss because every game is a must win game... but I think we can hang with these guys for sure... always takes a little luck to win the whole thing.
They really expose our two weakest spots:

1. wing defense
2. The tendency to melt when up against a tough perimeter defense

Sure but he’s dependent on other guys setting him up... just like Rudy. We have enough creators... he will have nights like this on offense but it just means his guy wasn’t leaving him to rotate. We didn’t move the ball tonight... when we don’t move the ball he won’t get shots.
You said he's dependent on others setting him just like Rudy.
Do you think Rudy scores 5 or less points in 1/3 of his games?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I don't mind the loss at this stage considering how badly we played most of the game and we still made them eek out the win.

When you have big winning streaks it can hide some of the areas that we need to improve so a little bump in the road to set us straight and keep us hungry is potentially a good thing.

How we come out on Monday and beyond will be telling on if we are real contenders or not.

Tbh it's hard to beat the same team twice. Lue knows this, the first game was a feeler ,the 2nd he adjusted and let kawhi and pg play.

I thought we should have hoisted more 3s to open up the game, this fuels our offense. We shot just 12/34 when we usually do 42+.

Weird stat is we only had 13 assist, I was expecting more now that Conleys back. He had zero! Also you can see Rudy getting out boxed by PG. He don't have the lower body strength to battle under the basket.

They really expose our two weakest spots:

1. wing defense
2. The tendency to melt when up against a tough perimeter defense
We got exposed. Better now than in the playoffs. Not a bad loss. Now need the 1st seed because the chances of going through 2 LA teams in the playoffs isn't great. The regular season is our playoffs in a way. They are all must wins from here on out.

We got exposed. Better now than in the playoffs. Not a bad loss. Now need the 1st seed because the chances of going through 2 LA teams in the playoffs isn't great. The regular season is our playoffs in a way. They are all must wins from here on out.
*exposed twice

look at our shot distribution in both games. They have the tools to profoundly disrupt our offense. We ran away from them in the 4th quarter of the first game... they ran out of gas... so look at 7 of the 8 quarters.

The way we matchup with them reveals the importance of foul pressure. We don’t have a guy who can put their key defenders on the bench with foul trouble. At least not consistently. And even if we do, they can sub in a guy like Terrance Mann who can be really disruptive, too.

Q has some work to do. I think we can break their defense for up to two quarters per game and we can hang around for the other two. That’ll produce wins. But we’ll need to see wrinkles that we didn’t see last night.

Tell us about their terrible centers and guards. That was fun, but then you ran away from it like your hair was on fire.

Also, yeah, I think the jazz need to improve. Bite me.
How did I run away from it? I still don’t think their bigs or PGs are good. And needed to be exploited by our bigs and guards. So basically the same thing I said originally. Do you know what shifting the goalposts actually means? Because it definitely doesn’t seem like you do

Call me crazy but I think I'd rather roll the dice against Lebron in the WCF than LAC.

When healthy Clippers got a ton of veterans performing at a high level.

I'm just not feeling it with LAL's supporting cast. Gasol is washed, Matthews is washed, Kuzma and Scroder are sometimey and Gobert owns Montrez

How did I run away from it? I still don’t think their bigs or PGs are good. And needed to be exploited by our bigs and guards. So basically the same thing I said originally. Do you know what shifting the goalposts actually means? Because it definitely doesn’t seem like you do
Lol. Ibaka and Zubac are bad? How about you back that **** up?

“point guard” is a dead term. They have very disruptive defenders in their guard rotation and plenty of ball handling across their guards and wings.

You seemed to shift the goalposts when I pointed out the lunacy of your evaluation of their roster only to have you then fling out a different fallacy. You’re clearly having a hard time evaluating their roster AND substantiating your claims.

Call me crazy but I think I'd rather roll the dice against Lebron in the WCF than LAC.

When healthy Clippers got a ton of veterans performing at a high level.

I'm just not feeling it with LAL's supporting cast. Gasol is washed, Matthews is washed, Kuzma and Scroder are sometimey and Gobert owns Montrez
I concur.

Btw, don’t think I didn’t notice you’re now saying “bigs” instead of “centers.” Is that another shift?

Either way..... their “bigs” are pretty good, too.

So pick whatever term you want. Then provide some evidence. Then proceed to lose the argument.

Lol. Ibaka and Zubac are bad? How about you back that **** up?

“point guard” is a dead term. They have very disruptive defenders in their guard rotation and plenty of ball handling across their guards and wings.

You seemed to shift the goalposts when I pointed out the lunacy of your evaluation of their roster only to have you then fling out a different fallacy. You’re clearly having a hard time evaluating their roster AND substantiating your claims.
How have I flung out a different fallacy? It seems to be the same fallacy who keep raging on, “their centers aren’t bad and their guard rotation is good.”

Disagree with my talent evaluation? Sure. Fine. I don’t feel like debating this further. I’ve certainly been wrong before.

Claim that I’m changing arguments or shifting? No. You don’t get to do that.