What's new

Game Thread Feb 26, 2021 6:00PM MT: Jazz at Heat

Added to Calendar: 02-26-21

Bogey's defense was pretty terrible tonight. Miami was hunting him on every possession.
Bogey always has been a poor defender. I think if have a chance to trade him for an upgrade we should. With better d and more of a versatile offensive game. We die if his shot is off

Last edited:
Give some credit to the Eastern Conference champ that is finally healthy, gelling, and just played their best game, but the Jazz were just not on top of the perimeter defense tonight and Clarkson is god ****ing awful when his outrageous shots don’t go down.

I don't think we do. I think we just need better decision-making.
We cant live and die by if our shots fall or not. Better perimeter d is needed with more versatile scorers. Bogey shoots bricks we lose, we can make good decisions but still not hit shots

The upgrade is Joe Ingles. Joe is a significantly better player, but Bogey remains in much higher priority for Quin.
Several times this year I thought Ingles should close... there is zero benefit to having Bogey close over him imo. One more guy who can run actions and take advantage of a switch.

The upgrade is Joe Ingles. Joe is a significantly better player, but Bogey remains in much higher priority for Quin.
And thats fine but he is way too inconsistent yes he is coming back from surgery but when defenses zero in on him he buckles and shys away. We need more consistency from that position, Joe is our glue guy but as I said we are missing another versatile weapon

The good news is that the Jazz never looked good tonight and remained close. Not too upset with this loss. The team looked tired and it was their first game on the east coast in a little while. They looked similarly sluggish and sloppy the first game of the last east coast road trip (Nets).

As someone else said, they need some more crunch time practice to get ready for the playoffs, so these games are good for them. No one played particularly well in the clutch. I agree that I would have liked to see Ingles in the closing lineup instead of Bogey, especially because it was clear we needed some better facilitation and decision making.

Give some credit to the Eastern Conference champ that is finally healthy, gelling, and just played their best game, but the Jazz were just not on top of the perimeter defense tonight and Clarkson is god ****ing awful when his outrageous shots don’t go down.

Yeah, people forget they took down a behemoth Milwaukee team last year in the playoffs.

I was pretty ****ing pissed at that charging call on Conley near the end there. Looked like a bad call to me.

Its one game, but if we cant win close games against good teams we have a longer shot to the title. If I am not mistaken we were super good last year in close games.

Spo is one of the best, if not the best coach in the league. They attacked Bogey in a way that made us slow to adjust (as if Quin makes defensive adjustments lol). Most teams target poor defenders by getting the switch and letting their guy to work. The Heat were much quicker with it and didn't let us load up our help defense. They just hit Bogey in quick actions and he was toast. Kind of reminds me of the way we attacked Melo a few years back in the playoffs.

For one thing, I'm still not worried. Mitchell and clarkson were missing shots they would normally make. We didn't match their aggression on defense which is why we weren't getting the calls. We should have pulled Bogie for Ingles in the 4th, that was a mistake on QS. They played a nearly perfect game, not like NBA record level but a very solid game. And despite all that we had a legitimate shot to win this all the way to the end. I'm encouraged really. We need at least a couple of these to test our mettle, to learn from. In the long run this is a positive. I'm sure we'll win tomorrow. And I'm still excited for the future.

We played a bad game and they probably played their best one and the game was so close. A couple of 3s we could have won this game.

We are gonna be aight