What's new

Game Thread Feb 27, 2021 6:00PM MT: Jazz at Magic

Added to Calendar: 02-27-21

Magic are the worst franchise in the entire NBA, its always a good day when they lose. They screwed up so many young talented players thats its actually sad(wtf are they doing to Bamba, guy looks like a combination of Zion and Rudy and he is getting 10 min per game??). I dont know what drugs theyre keeping Vučević on for so long, but I hope he leaves soon, guy deserves so much better. One of the few guys in the league that can come out and put up his numbers easily against Gobert

Well, DL was considering it.
So which answer makes more sense to you:

A. The Jazz were focusing in like a laser on hiring a terrible coach in the one market where the fans KNEW how bad he was ans would likely have burned down the arena.

or

B. Spencer Checketts is a clueless, mouth -breathing moron, who is as terrible with his reporting as he is with the rest of his life decisions.

What does your heart tell you?

Well, DL was considering it.
I really hope that was, I don't know, a smokescreen or some ****.

Cuz if it wasn't, I'd say Lindsey's been as lucky as he's been good because hiring Boylen as a head coach is so *** that an organization should have their FO wiped out. Dude is a ****ing wreck.

Joe Ingles has been awesome this year. He should be way ahead of Bojan in priority to finish games and when Mike is in the lineup, we need to make sure he isn't frozen out.
Joe Ingles has been the secret to the Jazz's success since 2017. He is without peer.

It's great that the Jazz got some players that when combined, can provide the contribution that Joe would. It's not great that they're the same age as he is and the Jazz usually totally blow it in the 1st round of the draft.

Joe Ingles has been awesome this year. He should be way ahead of Bojan in priority to finish games and when Mike is in the lineup, we need to make sure he isn't frozen out.

Joe's having the best year of his career. His shooting splits right now are 52/46/89.5 and his effective FG percentage is 68%.

Joe's having the best year of his career. His shooting splits right now are 52/46/89.5 and his effective FG percentage is 68%.
Wow, those are eye popping numbers. I would venture to guess that those numbers are the best on the team?

I think Conley has been our second best player this season. So don’t see this as diss towards him... but come playoff time, Joe Ingles would be 3rd in priority after Gobert and Mitchell to finish games. He’s our best shooter, best guard defender, and is often one of our best PnR ball handlers as well.

Really our finishers, at least through the rest of the year, should be

Conley
Mitchell
O'Neale
Ingles
Gobert

Best playmaking, shooting, and defense we can put on the floor.

Until Bogey really gets his grove back this should be our normal closing lineup.

I think this lineup closing would have won in Miami.

Clarkson is shooting 96.4% on free throws which is #1 in the NBA.
I was aware. I was referring to more than just free throws though. (clarkson rarely ever gets to the line btw so although that percentage is great, if he isn't getting to the line then its not especially valuable. 1.6 attempts per game) I was saying that ingles overall shooting numbers in all aspects of the game are probably the best on the team.
Joe ingles EFG% is 68%
Clarksons is 55%

I think Conley has been our second best player this season. So don’t see this as diss towards him... but come playoff time, Joe Ingles would be 3rd in priority after Gobert and Mitchell to finish games. He’s our best shooter, best guard defender, and is often one of our best PnR ball handlers as well.
He is our quarterback, the best at running the offense.