What's new

Fire up the Trade Machine

I think Brown could be a nice #1 option. Not sure if the Celtics have him as completely untouchable. I'm giving them as many assets as I can to see if their interested in talking. What do you think it would take to get the deal done? My jazz team with this trade would look like this:

PG - Conley, Pritchard
SG - Brown, Sexton, NAW
SF - Markannen, Agbaji
PF - Williams, Fontecchio
C - Kessler, Olynyk

We would have to lock up Brown and Williams with long-term contracts to make the trade worth it.

Attachments

• fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-15-2023_11-29-44AM.png
    fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_1-15-2023_11-29-44AM.png
    533.7 KB · Views: 30
I think Brown could be a nice #1 option. Not sure if the Celtics have him as completely untouchable. I'm giving them as many assets as I can to see if their interested in talking. What do you think it would take to get the deal done? My jazz team with this trade would look like this:

PG - Conley, Pritchard
SG - Brown, Sexton, NAW
SF - Markannen, Agbaji
C - Kessler, Olynyk

We would have to lock up Brown and Williams with long-term contracts to make the trade worth it.

Brown will be a free agent after next year I think.

I think he could maybe be a #1 option though.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

PG - Conley, Pritchard
SG - Brown, Sexton, NAW
SF - Markannen, Agbaji
C - Kessler, Olynyk

Brown is one of my favorite most sought after dudes in the entire league. Him and haliburton are probably the two i want most. If Brown is available I would make a pretty huge offer for him. I would give up lots of picks and most any players other than kessler and lauri.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Brown will be a free agent after next year I think.

I think he could maybe be a #1 option though.

That changes things. In a hypothetical where i know we can re-sign him then i would do the trade that was proposed.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Bryan Toporek on Forbes did some rough math on Browns contract situation. Brown is like Clarkson, in that his extension raise doesn't pay him his market value, so the extension probably will be declined. In free agency in 2024, if Brown can make an all nba team, he could be signed for 5 year/$280+ million by the team he is on.

Bryan Toporek on Forbes did some rough math on Browns contract situation. Brown is like Clarkson, in that his extension raise doesn't pay him his market value, so the extension probably will be declined. In free agency in 2024, if Brown can make an all nba team, he could be signed for 5 year/$280+ million by the team he is on.

Would love to see the jazz build a team that needs just a JB and then see them create enough space to sign him. Would be our biggest FA signing ever lol.

Why would the Celtics trade him with a legit shot at a championship this year?

I would love to have him. Hopefully the appeal of being a #1 option with Ainge/Hardy would interest him.

They seem to be able to win without him as long as Tatum is healthy. I think the trade would make their bench better. Usually in the playoffs you go to an 8, maybe 9, man rotation.
White
Tatum
Brogdon
Smart
Horford
R. Williams
Beasley. (Brown)
Vanderbilt (Williams)
Clarkson. (Pritchard)

Now that I typed this out to look at it, it doesn't make the team better or worse, kind of a wash for them. They just get the 3-4 firsts, and a few 2nds

Thoughts on Cam Reddish...latest rumor was the Knicks wanting 2 2nd round picks for him...in my opinion 2nd round picks have become useless, so if that's all it takes. I'd definitely take a flyer on him...at almost 90% as a free throw shooter that tells me he has some untapped potential to be a really good shooter...let Will Hardy work his magic and help him develop.
His biggest problem is he is a glory ball shooter.

Insane absolutely never going to happen trade but who's winning and losing in this? Pacers probably want more but they might not get it and on deadline day just take what they can get. I'm bored and spending way too much time throwing out players in the trade machine

Attachments

• fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_16-01-2023_17-29-05.png
    fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_16-01-2023_17-29-05.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
Have we ended up with Dejounte, Trent jr, OG, Collins, and Lauri starting with Kessler rotating in with the bigs yet?

I would gladly trade anyone else on the team and a bunch of picks to make that happen(2 or 3 to each team depending on the players they get and protections). We would still have a bunch of picks left and that's an elite group on both ends and all 26 or younger.

I like the rumored trades, just hope Ainge finds a deal and pulls the trigger on them.

For a Conley+Gay package, I would accept:

Jackson+Kennard
DeAngelo Russell
Lonzo Ball

For Clarkson/Beasley+Vando I would accept:
John Collins (plus a first?)

Trade I most want: Jared Vanderbilt + '23 HOU/BKN/PHI FRP for Killian Hayes

Killian is a young and improving guard under team control. Offensively, I love that he is a pass-first floor general because the players we have are really good finishers and being set-up takes the offense to another level (just look what Conley being on the floor does). I think being around Conley would be good for him. Defensively, Killian would set us up to be a really good defense with Walker in the middle, Lauri as help defender, Ochai and Killian on the perimeter.

The problem is that Killian has been a bad scorer. But, he is shooting 33% from 3 this year, has evened out his drives to the left/right, and improved his mid-range game. I think he will have siginificant improvement over the next few years (drawing fouls, finishing at the rim, and even his 3 ball), but even if he can just maintain his play over the last 25 games he could be awesome. I also think he would get a boost from being surrounded by better players. Kind of like Draymond Green is not valuable on bad teams, but really impactful when the other players are good. If you take his current playmaking/defense and add offensive skills he would be a borderline allstar player.

Pistons hopefully would be open to it because Hayes is redundant with their young core (Already have Ivy and Cunningham) and unless they win the lottery are going to draft another ball dominant player. So Vanderbilt would help balance the roster a little better. I would be willing to overpay for him because there are not a lot of floor generals with size and defense. All you really need is for him to get 10% better as a scorer to have a really good player that makes our roster fit.

Trade I most want: Jared Vanderbilt + '23 HOU/BKN/PHI FRP for Killian Hayes

Killian is a young and improving guard under team control. Offensively, I love that he is a pass-first floor general because the players we have are really good finishers and being set-up takes the offense to another level (just look what Conley being on the floor does). I think being around Conley would be good for him. Defensively, Killian would set us up to be a really good defense with Walker in the middle, Lauri as help defender, Ochai and Killian on the perimeter.

The problem is that Killian has been a bad scorer. But, he is shooting 33% from 3 this year, has evened out his drives to the left/right, and improved his mid-range game. I think he will have siginificant improvement over the next few years (drawing fouls, finishing at the rim, and even his 3 ball), but even if he can just maintain his play over the last 25 games he could be awesome. I also think he would get a boost from being surrounded by better players. Kind of like Draymond Green is not valuable on bad teams, but really impactful when the other players are good. If you take his current playmaking/defense and add offensive skills he would be a borderline allstar player.

Pistons hopefully would be open to it because Hayes is redundant with their young core (Already have Ivy and Cunningham) and unless they win the lottery are going to draft another ball dominant player. So Vanderbilt would help balance the roster a little better. I would be willing to overpay for him because there are not a lot of floor generals with size and defense. All you really need is for him to get 10% better as a scorer to have a really good player that makes our roster fit.
Hell ****ing no.