What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

I have my early Euro fave for 2016 draft(more limited video than Exum pre-draft)... Isaia Cordinier... he seems like a really fun player at 6'5'' SG and looks very smooth and athletic, also pretty skilled... can't say much more simply because I haven't even seen 1 full game of his.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV0cx_3AThA

Too bad I couldn't find more recent videos of him...

In 2015 it was Looney, and D'Angelo Russell in spectacular fashion. 2014 it was Vonleh. There's usually some high ranked HS player with one-and-done talent that's left off of these mocks initially. 2016 is a bit less obvious. I'm going with Isaiah "must-see TV" Briscoe, by a slim margin over Allonzo Trier. Also Ivan Rabb not being on DX's mock seems a bit fugazi.

I haven't watched a lot, but from what I've heard Ivan Rabb is very raw and they project him to stay 2 years in college. I watched him against Simmons' team and he looked pretty good, but admittedly I haven't watched enough to have a stronger opinion. I loved what I saw from Trier, not so much Briscoe... he looks like he dominates with physique, doesn't look like a great shooter. Again, take with grain of salt because i have seen very limited play of those prospects.

PG_AB

How about the possibility of a Ulis, Briscoe, Murray 3 guard line up with POY and SKAL up front?

My favorite part will be seeing Poythress back healthy. That lineup would look like its running downhill, they'd grab a ton of steals and would move the ball well on offense. It'd probably be smart to switch to a zone vs those 3 guards because they all can leave 1v1 defenders in the dust. Crossovers and 3 pointers galore, nomatter what defense is played. I'd worry a bit about Murray and Briscoe gunning, but I'm way over-confident in Ulis' ability to steady the ship. He's got ice-water in his veins.

Isaiah "I'm the best at everything" Briscoe is the X-factor IMO, If Murray joins I think they'd share that X-factor label. If Briscoe is planning on taking his athleticism/training to another level, as other big-time recruits have done before him at UK. I really like his chances to be a one-and-done lottery pick.

All of this. I am also excited that this roster will push POY back to the PF spot where he thrives.. while suffering at the 3.

This 2016 draft is shaping up to be deep, I cant say It looks like a strong class vs the recent ones, or in comparison to 2017 or 2018. A good international class though. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the type of draft that ends up with a bunch of solid players in the 2nd round.

I think you posted about Pope. I'm really high on him, I feel like depending on the year he has he might go into top 10. I think the chance that he will be as low as he is now on mock drafts is very low.

Last edited:
Its tough to call the upper tiers of this draft at this point but DX has him behind Justin Jackson, Theo Pinson and Jake Layman. I dont buy that.

I do agree with their top-6. I'd put Ingram over Brown and Simmons though. Pope could very well end up the first SF off the board after those 3.

You are that high on Ingram? He's just so damn skinny... I don't think I'd take him over Simmons and Brown right now... need to see more of him...

You are that high on Ingram? He's just so damn skinny... I don't think I'd take him over Simmons and Brown right now... need to see more of him...

I love Ingram. Reminds me a bit of Tayshaun Prince.
I wouldn't necessarily take him over Simmons though. I would also take Brown over Ingram if I'm thinking one year at UK.. but Ingram has the better long term pro potential, imo.