What's new

Following 2016 potential draftees

Umh, the full game I watched he played off-ball a little, but most of the time was the primary ballhandler. I think he's probably a better passer(I liked his passing whenever he actually decided to pass). But their roles were different in college.

I'm not sure if it was just that game, but a lot of the time he played off the ball. They are different players which is why I don't understand the comparison. Fish said Burks stats were way better which is wrong, Burks is just a more efficient scorer and shooter.

People keep comparing Deandre Bembry to Andre Iguadola, but I don't see it. The guy who does remind me of Iggy (that I think is being overlooked) is Taurean Prince. Great size, attitude, hustle and really solid tool box to work with. I see him as a DeMarre Carroll, Junkyard Dog type of energy guy who can develop into a solid defensive wing down the road. Nearly the exact same age as Bembry. I'm a huge fan for the Jazz trading up to get him later in the first round (after taking a super stud at #12.

I'm not sure if it was just that game, but a lot of the time he played off the ball. They are different players which is why I don't understand the comparison. Fish said Burks stats were way better which is wrong, Burks is just a more efficient scorer and shooter.
I think there is a much wider gap in Burks favor in the scoring/efficiency department than there is in rebounding and assists. Especially if you account for pace and mpg.

Statically Burks looks like an efficient scoring machine that rebounds well for his position and is a decent passer.

Murray looks more to me like an inefficient player with the ball in his hands alot and playing a lot of possesions per game which inflates the stats a bit.

But again, I'm a Burks homer who hasn't pimped Burks for quite a while and I'm doing my due diligence here so take it with a grain of salt and move on.

I can see similarity in their styles whenever they are given the ball. They both penetrate and are relentless going to the rim. I think Murray does it with more shiftiness, but I think Burks is MUCH better and more creative finisher around the rim(part of the reason for the difference in efficiency).

If a coach teaches Murray to diversify his offense and make better reads coming off of the pnr once he's in the paint he can be extremely dangerous player. When I watched him, I kept waiting for him to drive and dish or drive and kick it to the corner, but that almost never happened, he would just barrel into the help defender and throw crazy contested shots instead of look for the open man who the help defender just left alone in order to contest his shot.

People keep comparing Deandre Bembry to Andre Iguadola, but I don't see it. The guy who does remind me of Iggy (that I think is being overlooked) is Taurean Prince. Great size, attitude, hustle and really solid tool box to work with. I see him as a DeMarre Carroll, Junkyard Dog type of energy guy who can develop into a solid defensive wing down the road. Nearly the exact same age as Bembry. I'm a huge fan for the Jazz trading up to get him later in the first round (after taking a super stud at #12.

I don't think Prince has the handle and the overall floor game and playmaking that Iggy had and still has.

I still remember watching that draft in SG with friends and while there was lots of cheering and exuberance at hearing the trade I was yelling no!! No!! No!! No!! Over and over and telling everyone to shut the hell up because they were, well, idiots. Lol, but ya it hurt that we could've chose CJ and the Jazz chose Burke. And I wanted CJ.

D Murray reminds me of Burks.

I was disgusted and sick inside after the trade was announced. I got a lot of heat around here for disliking Burke.

Put me down for yes to JMurray but no to DMurray. I'd rather get Kork over DMurray. If the Jazz trade down I'd rather have Bembz over DMurray.

I don't think Prince has the handle and the overall floor game and playmaking that Iggy had and still has.

Agreed, but I just don't see Bembry being the defensive stopper that Iggy is. His single most important skill is to guard the opposing team's best wing. Can't be overvalued. I can see Prince being that guy. . . Bembry not so much.

Burks freshman year at Colorado: 17.1 ppg, 5 rpg, 1.8 apg, and 1.2 spg shooting 53.8% from the field.

Murray freshman year at Washington: 16.1 ppg, 6 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.8 spg shooting 41.6% from the field.

Both played in the Pac-12, Murray is a better all-around player where as Burks is a more efficient scorer.

FWIW, Burks actually played in the Big 12. I think that was the last year before Colorado moved over to the Pac.

I don't think he will be available at #12 but if he is, I think Deyonta Davis is the guy with the most value at that pick in the draft. I think we can get a guard later in the draft but not sure we can get someone with Davis combination of skills and upside later.

Dejounte is one of the quickest, shiftiest, most slippery ball handlers you'll see. He has about 5 speeds and can also sidestep or spin around defenders without slowing down. He's going to be very difficult to stay in front of in an NBA setting. At a minimum, his NBA skill will be getting into the paint. There's a solid chance he turns out to be better than Exum.

Dejounte is one of the quickest, shiftiest, most slippery ball handlers you'll see. He has about 5 speeds and can also sidestep or spin around defenders without slowing down. He's going to be very difficult to stay in front of in an NBA setting. At a minimum, his NBA skill will be getting into the paint. There's a solid chance he turns out to be better than Exum.

Solid chance? Lol.

I think not.